ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #811 of 12,469
Great to see so many of you guys ordering the VC! Yall are in for an audio treat.:L3000:

I have spent more headphone time in the past 3+weeks than I have since I became interested in headphones,way back when. Its like putting on the VC has become an event for me.
NBA season starts in 32 days,and watching my Lakers takes me well past 1am out here on the East coast,leaving me only two hours of listening time per evening. Either I will need to extend my self-imposed 3am bedtime,or im going to neglect the Lakers. Decisions.
go Lake Show! maybe this season we'll have something to celebrate haha. man the last few have been frustrating... i'll take a deep playoff run, even if it's not a title. also super excited that there isnt a super team out there that you can pencil in as the champs year over year. i have to think back to the pre-Kobe/Shaq or Duncan/Spurs era for the parity we should have this season.

and so that we're on topic, can't wait for my treat to arrive!!! one thing i'm not seeing much of a consensus on is burn in time on those BE coated drivers. i didn't experience any significant burn in issues with anything until my new Auteur. that baby took 100ish hours to really settle in. out of the box it did not sound that great, but now...love it! curious if the BE coated drivers take more or less time to settle in.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #812 of 12,469
Went with the desert ironwood in all black. I'd also prefer to have more emphasis on the wood.

If I enjoy the sound but find the desert ironwood too heavy, I'll likely sell it and get the monkeypod. Unless perhaps a cocobolo LTD becomes an option in the future :wink:

That's also one of my concerns. Let's see.... :)

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #813 of 12,469
go Lake Show! maybe this season we'll have something to celebrate haha. man the last few have been frustrating... i'll take a deep playoff run, even if it's not a title. also super excited that there isnt a super team out there that you can pencil in as the champs year over year. i have to think back to the pre-Kobe/Shaq or Duncan/Spurs era for the parity we should have this season.
Clippers vs. Lakers opening night!!!! OMG!!!! And that comes after Zion making his pro debut vs. Toronto!

and so that we're on topic, can't wait for my treat to arrive!!! one thing i'm not seeing much of a consensus on is burn in time on those BE coated drivers. i didn't experience any significant burn in issues with anything until my new Auteur. that baby took 100ish hours to really settle in. out of the box it did not sound that great, but now...love it! curious if the BE coated drivers take more or less time to settle in.

You know I havent heard too much of a change TBH. Perhaps a little more smooth in the treble region,but for whatever reason the VC hasnt been nearly as dramatic as the VO in changes over time. Im well over 150 hours by now.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #815 of 12,469

Well, the VO took about 100 hrs to open up; but the noticeable difference came after 150hrs. After that it slowly settled over the next 150hrs into the Verite I know and love now and hasn’t changed much since!

Also, I’m noticing Zach updated the shipping times to Nov/Dec and Dec/Jan for the VC & VC LTD. :frowning2:

Looks like it’s time to forget I made this purchase until ship time so I don’t get run over by the hype train...

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #816 of 12,469
Great to see so many of you guys ordering the VC! Yall are in for an audio treat.:L3000:
@Monsterzero Thanks for providing us all with your thoughts, comments and the rest on the VC in the dark days before we have our own!

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #817 of 12,469
@Monsterzero Thanks for providing us all with your thoughts, comments and the rest on the VC in the dark days before we have our own!
No problem Chris. It sounds like yall wont have to wait too long until you have your own VC arriving on your porch.
Looking forward to the first reactions from everybody.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #818 of 12,469
It sounds like yall wont have to wait too long until you have your own VC arriving on your porch.

I hope this is our delivery person...

giphy.gif

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #820 of 12,469
Thanks Wildcats!!! From your description I still pick the VC, but ultimately I think I'm sold on both!!!! But I'll wait to get my Aeolus and my VC first...

You’ll love the Aeolus as well, I have one and really enjoy it with classical.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #822 of 12,469
Well, the VO took about 100 hrs to open up; but the noticeable difference came after 150hrs. After that it slowly settled over the next 150hrs into the Verite I know and love now and hasn’t changed much since!
I'm new to this hobby (I've listened to music all my life, but only started to take it "seriously" a couple years ago). At the beginning I was skeptical about the whole concept of "burn-in", but after using my Stellia for some 100 hours I've become a believer. Out of the box they felt stiff, inorganic, not full. I felt there was a veil between the phone and my ear. 100 flight hours later they sound MUCH better. Looking forward to hear the same with my ZMFs.

Looks like it’s time to forget I made this purchase until ship time so I don’t get run over by the hype train...
Very wise words. Just forget about it and sometime in the future you'll have a nice surprise.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #823 of 12,469
Feral cats, did you mean, the VC is cleaner or VO, very last there?

The VC is a little faster, with the dynamics and impact highlighted, not night and day, but a shade.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #824 of 12,469
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #825 of 12,469
well I thought the limited Ironwood will get over in few mins so I didn't pay attention at all to what I selected and just ordered.
Where can I see the details of my order? Oh wait in email
it says Grille and Rod Color - Rose Gold(Chromed Steel)...hmmm may be I selected this to increase the WAF (wife acceptance factor)
Chassis - Black
I have no Idea how would it look.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back