ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #841 of 12,522
@chrisdrop, I highly recommend the Pendant amp. It really flies under the radar amongst the head-fi community but it’s got a great price-to-performance ratio and doesn’t require spending a ton on tubes to maximize its sonic potential. And it’s made by ampsandsound who does the Mogwai which folks in here have talked about before. Obviously I’ve never heard it with the VC but it was a great pairing for my Eikon and Auteurs when I had them and it also crushes it with my planar cans. From what I’ve read I think it’ll complement the Verité very well as it’s fast, punchy, powerful and has a nice, dense tonality without being overly warm or syrupy. I’m excited to get these two beasts together!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #842 of 12,522
I highly recommend the Pendant amp. It really flies under the radar amongst the head-fi community but it’s got a great price-to-performance ratio and doesn’t require spending a ton on tubes to maximize its sonic potential. And it’s made by ampsandsound who does the Mogwai which folks in here have talked about before. Obviously I’ve never heard it with the VC but it was a great pairing for my Eikon and Auteurs when I had them and it also crushes it with my planar cans. From what I’ve read I think it’ll complement the Verité very well as it’s fast, punchy, powerful and has a nice, dense tonality without being overly warm or syrupy. I’m excited to get these two beasts together!
This. The pendant was an absolutely incredible sounding amp! It's such a fast, detailed and euphonic amp. I was so heartbroken when I had to give mine up...

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #843 of 12,522
So I’m as inspired by the VC as everyone else. I do want to caution fellow Atticus/Eikon owners against dumping their current cans without a clear understanding that the VC isn’t an upgrade. These are the words of the creator when I asked about replacing my Atticus:

“Well - the atticus is such a unique headphone I'm not sure any of our other headphones would replace it, although the V Closed may have better technicalities it is quite a different experience.

The atticus has that stage monitor feel - with the smoothness and big bass - where-as the V closed is a lot more even handed - with more sub bass linearity and speed overall, not always going to make acoustic stuff more enjoyable IMHO depending on taste though.”

Because I listen to primarily acoustic music and use my Atticus as monitors, I won’t ever be selling them. Just means it will take me longer to save up for a VC!

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #844 of 12,522
@chrisdrop, I highly recommend the Pendant amp. It really flies under the radar amongst the head-fi community but it’s got a great price-to-performance ratio and doesn’t require spending a ton on tubes to maximize its sonic potential. And it’s made by ampsandsound who does the Mogwai which folks in here have talked about before. Obviously I’ve never heard it with the VC but it was a great pairing for my Eikon and Auteurs when I had them and it also crushes it with my planar cans. From what I’ve read I think it’ll complement the Verité very well as it’s fast, punchy, powerful and has a nice, dense tonality without being overly warm or syrupy. I’m excited to get these two beasts together!

The Pendant is a phenomenal amp with ZMF cans. Makes the VO really sing. Looking forward to trying it with the VC. The price/performance ratio is really fantastic, especially if you buy the combo with a set of ZMF cans. The vintage tubes option is also very, very good. Highly recommended. I use it almost daily.

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #845 of 12,522
I have two questions:

1. Did anybody have the opportunity to compare the VC monkey pod and the VC Ironwood? I think this was already covered, but I cannot find it, and in addition I am excited about my order that I’d love to read more about it,... one obvious difference are 200gr :)
2. Anybody tried ZMF headphones with an ifi ican pro in tube modus? Good pairing?

Thanx all!

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #846 of 12,522
Has it been confirmed by Zach that any new VC ironwood orders will now be Dec/Jan? If so, wow those sold quickly!

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:45 AM Post #847 of 12,522
Has it been confirmed by Zach that any new VC ironwood orders will now be Dec/Jan? If so, wow those sold quickly!
I didn’t hear it so far. The website also doesn’t show any such info. However the website says Ironwood is not easy to harvest and after 30 models it may take time.

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:04 AM Post #848 of 12,522

I didn’t hear it so far. The website also doesn’t show any such info. However the website says Ironwood is not easy to harvest and after 30 models it may take time.

I wish it weren't true myself homies; but it's right here:
Capture.JPG
Q7iYrIA

EDIT: Why does head-fi break all my image links?!

Q7iYrIA

Q7iYrIA

So I’m as inspired by the VC as everyone else. I do want to caution fellow Atticus/Eikon owners against dumping their current cans without a clear understanding that the VC isn’t an upgrade. These are the words of the creator when I asked about replacing my Atticus:

“Well - the atticus is such a unique headphone I'm not sure any of our other headphones would replace it, although the V Closed may have better technicalities it is quite a different experience.

The atticus has that stage monitor feel - with the smoothness and big bass - where-as the V closed is a lot more even handed - with more sub bass linearity and speed overall, not always going to make acoustic stuff more enjoyable IMHO depending on taste though.”

Because I listen to primarily acoustic music and use my Atticus as monitors, I won’t ever be selling them. Just means it will take me longer to save up for a VC!

Personally, I'm hoping the VC is a nice middle point between the VO and the Atticus in terms of experience!

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #850 of 12,522
Oh ya sorry I missed it.
I guess when I ordered in the morning at 11 it was Oct. May be initial batch is sold out and next batch will have shipping date in Dec/ Jan

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:28 AM Post #851 of 12,522
Has the ship date been updated just now or was it like this since morning

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #853 of 12,522
I guess once we will get tracker we will know the lead time. Initial few orders would have sneaked in the 1st batch expected to be delivered by Oct/ Nov. not sure when the cutoff of 1st batch ended. I ordered as soon as I can now is the time to wait for results.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #854 of 12,522
Not trying to make the wait more unbearable than it already will be but,here goes....

You know whats the sign of an absolutely fantastic,enjoyable headphone?!
A headphone that makes you want to go back and listen to stuff you typically dont listen to with headphones. Thats what im doing right now. Ive been in a deep dive all night into my new wave folder,which typically gets next to zero headphone time in my house. From The Meatmen,Inflatable Boy Clams,Split Enz to Gary Numan,Elvis Costello and The Flying Lizards..It all sounds great.
Ive yet to throw a single genre at the VC and been left wanting something.

Carry on.

Sep 21, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #855 of 12,522
Wonder if I'll kick myself later by getting a Ziricote VO instead of a VC. Good luck everyone on the long wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back