ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #796 of 12,586
I went all black. I like the slick discrete look and does not distract from the wood.
I agree. I waffled about other options and I thought all black would do exactly that - emphasise the wood!
I think the other metals w/ VO metal on cups is a different story...

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #799 of 12,586
Just bought monkey pod. 50th birthday in December. Hopefully my wife doesn’t take them away and make me wait til then!

She will, but then she will get precedence in listening to them, forcing you to order another pair, for her birthday.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #800 of 12,586
@Admiral Kolchak, here are some quick notes on the VC and VO on the recordings you requested. In a free thought manner.

Bach, Brandenburg Concertos; Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker:

VC: Immediate, big soundstage (doesn’t sound like a closed headphone), row 2 perspective, lively

VO: relaxed, row 15, slightly deeper and wider stage, a bit more rich and thick

If I came home from work stressed and frazzled, I’d reach for the VO, if I needed a “pick me up,” the VC.

Bach, Orchestra No.3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air; Joshua Bell, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields

VO: Ahhh, again a bit more relaxed, with the greater space comes a bit less pinpoint imaging, slightly richer, lower midrange focus

VC: upfront, soundstage is equal, just more forward, pinpoint imaging for the entire Ensamble

Vivaldi, Four Seasons, Itzhak Perlman, London Philharmonic Orchestra; Violín Concertó in E Major, Spring

VC: immediate, wide and deep stage, beautiful tone, Perlman shines, greater decay-notes hold and fade away beautifully

VO: beautiful, rich, the pizzicato and Harpsichord on “Autumn” are quite clear, but if possible even cleaner with the VO, need to do more listening to sort this out.

Okay, a quick and dirty comparison, hopes this helps.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #802 of 12,586
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 20, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #804 of 12,586
Pendant amp,

Very seriously considered getting a Pendant. Good luck with it. I have heard very good things. I am sure you will be happy with it!

Being in the UK, there are various import duties, taxes, etc. that made me chose something else (while I wait for a GOTL!)

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #805 of 12,586
@Admiral Kolchak, here are some quick notes on the VC and VO on the recordings you requested. In a free thought manner.

Bach, Brandenburg Concertos; Karajan, Berliner Philharmoniker:

VC: Immediate, big soundstage (doesn’t sound like a closed headphone), row 2 perspective, lively

VO: relaxed, row 15, slightly deeper and wider stage, a bit more rich and thick

If I came home from work stressed and frazzled, I’d reach for the VO, if I needed a “pick me up,” the VC.

Bach, Orchestra No.3 in D Major, BWV 1068: II. Air; Joshua Bell, Academy of St. Martin in the Fields

VO: Ahhh, again a bit more relaxed, with the greater space comes a bit less pinpoint imaging, slightly richer, lower midrange focus

VC: upfront, soundstage is equal, just more forward, pinpoint imaging for the entire Ensamble

Vivaldi, Four Seasons, Itzhak Perlman, London Philharmonic Orchestra; Violín Concertó in E Major, Spring

VC: immediate, wide and deep stage, beautiful tone, Perlman shines, greater decay-notes hold and fade away beautifully

VO: beautiful, rich, the pizzicato and Harpsichord on “Autumn” are quite clear, but if possible even cleaner with the VO, need to do more listening to sort this out.

Okay, a quick and dirty comparison, hopes this helps.
Thanks Wildcats!!! From your description I still pick the VC, but ultimately I think I'm sold on both!!!! But I'll wait to get my Aeolus and my VC first...

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #806 of 12,586
@Admiral Kolchak,

VO: beautiful, rich, the pizzicato and Harpsichord on “Autumn” are quite clear, but if possible even cleaner with the VO,

Feral cats, did you mean, the VC is cleaner or VO, very last there?

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #807 of 12,586
Just ordered a Closed "standard". I choosed the standard for the lighter weight. I was afraid the LTD will be too heavy confort wist. I have bad souvenirs from an Audeze LCD that I sold because too heavy...

Will see how it sound with my EC445 Tube amp and my A&K SP1000. Competition will be tough against my BHSE + SR009 & SR009s . :wink:

EC445 & HE-500.jpg

IMG_6097.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #808 of 12,586
Great to see so many of you guys ordering the VC! Yall are in for an audio treat.:L3000:

I have spent more headphone time in the past 3+weeks than I have since I became interested in headphones,way back when. Its like putting on the VC has become an event for me.
NBA season starts in 32 days,and watching my Lakers takes me well past 1am out here on the East coast,leaving me only two hours of listening time per evening. Either I will need to extend my self-imposed 3am bedtime,or im going to neglect the Lakers. Decisions.

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #809 of 12,586
Great to see so many of you guys ordering the VC! Yall are in for an audio treat.:L3000:
Thanks! You and Cats have been champions of the VC

I have spent more headphone time in the past 3+weeks than I have since I became interested in headphones,way back when. Its like putting on the VC has become an event for me.
NBA season starts in 32 days,and watching my Lakers takes me well past 1am out here on the East coast,leaving me only two hours of listening time per evening. Either I will need to extend my self-imposed 3am bedtime,or im going to neglect the Lakers. Decisions.
Ha! I wake up at 6:30am every day. Not fair

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #810 of 12,586
Thanks, guys. Happy now.

Just ordered a Closed "standard". I choosed the standard for the lighter weight. I was afraid the LTD will be too heavy confort wist. I have bad souvenirs from an Audeze LCD that I sold because too heavy...

we will see... how it sound with my EC445 Tube amp and my A&K SP1000. Competition willm be tough against my BHSE + SR009 & SR009s . :wink:

Went with the desert ironwood in all black. I'd also prefer to have more emphasis on the wood.

If I enjoy the sound but find the desert ironwood too heavy, I'll likely sell it and get the monkeypod. Unless perhaps a cocobolo LTD becomes an option in the future :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back