ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #211 of 12,512
I just received my review set of the Vérité C today, one day early (whoo hoo), I’ll be comparing them to the Vérité, Aeolus and Atticus. Early impressions, with zero burn in is very positive!
Mega like!!!

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #213 of 12,512
I just received my review set of the Vérité C today, one day early (whoo hoo), I’ll be comparing them to the Vérité, Aeolus and Atticus. Early impressions, with zero burn in is very positive!
Cannot wait for your impressions!!
Did you get the LTD or "standard" wood?

Aug 28, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #214 of 12,512
Is it just me or the plain wood looks a bit plain?.
I understand this thought process. Initial pics of ZMF cans - like others have stated - don't tend to bring them justice. The way the wood grain and texture 'pops' in certain lighting conditions can really change its appearance. However, when seen in person, it's highly likely that they will have a liveliness to them which is hard to capture with pics.

I have quoted my pics post of the silkwood Verite I own (and cocobolo Eikon), since they can look drastically different depending on how the light hits them. Hope that gives a better idea on what might be missing from the "plain looking" VC through pictures alone.

Thought I'd share some pics, in case people like looking at pretty things.
ssHgPK6.jpg

UzR8YpY.jpg

1Q2kNYU.jpg

X3bQ99x.jpg

gmYfBQB.jpg

GNRZptb.jpg

iEW6NDZ.jpg

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #215 of 12,512

Oh what a teaser! Hope you can provide some insights soon!

Aug 28, 2019 at 10:58 PM Post #216 of 12,512
I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP. EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE. I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE. I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE............................................but maybe....................
giphy.gif

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:03 PM Post #217 of 12,512
I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP. EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE. I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE. I DONT NEED ANOTHER HP EXPECIALLY A CLOSED ONE............................................but maybe....................

Oh, but you haven’t heard the Vérité Closed:imp:

Aug 28, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #218 of 12,512

Ha, the way it's going I may not get to hear these for a while.....I may be thinking more of a LTD open Verite. Torq's Cocobolo Verite stole the show on Head Fi today. Now if I could have both a LTD Verite and the Closed.................

Aug 29, 2019 at 4:57 AM Post #220 of 12,512

The best way to stay out of the cycle is to quit this forum

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #221 of 12,512
The best way to stay out of the cycle is to quit this forum
I have tried this several times, and it never last. . .I always come back, and get sucked back in. I love this hobby!

Aug 29, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #223 of 12,512
Well, I ended going to bed around 2:00 PM, I couldn’t stop listening to the Vérité Closed, and I’m still burning them in! They have everything the Open has, with a bit more bass and immediacy in the midrange. Early next week they should have enough hours so I can begin the comparison to Vérité O, Aeolus, Atticus, and the Empyrean that I just forwarded to the next reviewer.

Aug 29, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #224 of 12,512
The initial impressions of the VC so far seem to suggest that the VC should be my next pair of headphones. The immediacy in the mids and slightly more sparkle, while still maintaining the holographic staging and general characteristics of the VO, sounds exactly like what i'm looking for. However, the gorgeous aesthetic of the Cocobolo VO (and of course, its beautiful sound as well) is making my decision a lot more difficult than it has to be. Damn, it's going to be really, really tough to decide on one...

Aug 29, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #225 of 12,512
I told @Torq ...
Was up pondering what 300b tubes I should buy for the Glenn 300b I picked up (really which ones? They are all so expensive I have to pick just one set!)…

As another poster mentioned, the Taks are the Gods of the new production 300Bs. Some would say they beat even the best vintage WE300Bs as well. But so expensive! I love mine in my Glenn 300B, but the price (and 300+ hour burn in)!

If your budget doesn't go to Taks, I would recommend the EML - either flat plate or mesh. Both are superb sounding. Maybe the mesh is a little more engaging for vocals, but not a lot in it. Both are excellent and great value. I would avoid the Chinese tubes - had several bad experiences there. Maybe an exception for the Sophia Royal Princess - if you want a rather dark sounding tube with excellent bottom end.

For overall performance + value = EML. If you want the best of the best and have the dollars = TA300Bs.

If your Glenn is using PY500 rectification you might want to consider switching over to solid state rectification with soft start. The extra level of detail and transparency on offer is startling. Outperforms many solid state rigs in the technicalities and has the sexy 300B sound. PM me if you want to discuss.

(edited for typo)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back