ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Oct 25, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #11,086 of 12,524
oh my...i think i died and went to heaven. No upgrade tubes yet, my heart (and wallet) cannot take it.PXL_20221025_150900108_2.jpg
You can hear angels on that? Congrats and enjoy!

Oct 25, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #11,087 of 12,524
You can hear angels on that? Congrats and enjoy!
Can confirm that I hear angels with mine.😆

@TjPhysicist , feel free to PM me for thoughts on tubes. If you skip straight to certain ones, you can upgrade gradually without too much cost and skip the “experiment and hope for the best” (costly) phase.

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:10 PM Post #11,088 of 12,524
After listening to my VCs over the past month, I assumed I was listening with the Be2s, but it turns out I was listening with the Auteurs (they're the angled ones, right? Not the Be2s?). I switched to the Be2s and, while I like them for different reasons, I LOVE this headphone with the Auteur pads! The sense of space and imaging increases in a beautiful way with these pads. I still find it very cool that you can change the sound of ZMF headphones by pad swapping.

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #11,089 of 12,524
oh my...i think i died and went to heaven. No upgrade tubes yet, my heart (and wallet) cannot take it.PXL_20221025_150900108_2.jpg
Welcome to the Woo club man! I have a wa22 and I find that it pairs really great with my VC and Atrium. I'm sure your Wa2 otl is amazing too! Woo makes great products. As another guy mentioned it gets way better with upgrading tubes. I did like he suggested and went straight for the big boy tubes and skipped all the experimenting. It wasn't cheap but I will save money in the long run. I will get a few more but I'm not going tube crazy because the combination I have now is just ridiculously good. Happy listening!

Attachments

• 20220918_160556~2.jpg
    20220918_160556~2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Oct 25, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #11,090 of 12,524
After listening to my VCs over the past month, I assumed I was listening with the Be2s, but it turns out I was listening with the Auteurs (they're the angled ones, right? Not the Be2s?). I switched to the Be2s and, while I like them for different reasons, I LOVE this headphone with the Auteur pads! The sense of space and imaging increases in a beautiful way with these pads. I still find it very cool that you can change the sound of ZMF headphones by pad swapping.
I enjoy the Autuer Lambskin too but I think I enjoy the Autuer Hybrid even more. Im definitely an Autuer fan on my VC. The Autuer are much thicker than the BE2. That's how I tell which are the Autuer.

Oct 26, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #11,091 of 12,524
I enjoy the Autuer Lambskin too but I think I enjoy the Autuer Hybrid even more. Im definitely an Autuer fan on my VC. The Autuer are much thicker than the BE2. That's how I tell which are the Autuer.
Another Autuer Lambskin preferer here too :) I do have a pair of be2 Lambskin though just for backup but definitely prefer the angled pad.

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #11,093 of 12,524
How long is the estimated lifespan of the tubes?
If new approximately 5,000 hours and some are 10,000 hours

Used tubes will vary of course, and there is a chance something could happen to the tube even if new, but for the most part tubes should last for a very long time.

Oct 26, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #11,094 of 12,524
Cool, that's what I thought. The ZMF cardboard insert that came with them though said that Be2s were installed, but I realized that the Auteurs were instead. Both my Be2 and Auteur pads are suede. I think I like lambskin the most though, having listened to some on my Atriums.

Oct 26, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #11,095 of 12,524
I haven't tried the Autuer suede yet but I will eventually because I enjoy the Autuer Lambskin on my VC and Atrium. I have only tried Be2 suede on my Atrium and it is my favorite rn. I thought i liked lambskin better and then my preference changed to suede or hybrid. I enjoy the pad rolling aspect of ZMF headphones. I go through stages where one sounds better than another then my mood changes and I go back to another pad for a while. It's cool because when I get a little bored I swap it up and it rejuvenates my listening experience.

Oct 26, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #11,096 of 12,524
I haven't tried the Autuer suede yet but I will eventually because I enjoy the Autuer Lambskin on my VC and Atrium. I have only tried Be2 suede on my Atrium and it is my favorite rn. I thought i liked lambskin better and then my preference changed to suede or hybrid. I enjoy the pad rolling aspect of ZMF headphones. I go through stages where one sounds better than another then my mood changes and I go back to another pad for a while. It's cool because when I get a little bored I swap it up and it rejuvenates my listening experience.
Definitely resonate with all that you said here!

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #11,097 of 12,524
Can confirm that I hear angels with mine.😆

@TjPhysicist , feel free to PM me for thoughts on tubes. If you skip straight to certain ones, you can upgrade gradually without too much cost and skip the “experiment and hope for the best” (costly) phase.
Thanks, will def. Do. There seems to be a dude selling his dad's old truck load of tubes locally here so definitely some good opportunities.

So far though... What I'd like to correct: Too bassy. Sub bass, is almost giving me a headache. Not sure how that happened. So less dark, and def I can tell VC could do more power for sure

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #11,098 of 12,524
Thanks, will def. Do. There seems to be a dude selling his dad's old truck load of tubes locally here so definitely some good opportunities.

So far though... What I'd like to correct: Too bassy. Sub bass, is almost giving me a headache. Not sure how that happened. So less dark, and def I can tell VC could do more power for sure
Tubes would be the first stop, but also pads changes can alter tonality (thinking of the sub bass).

Oct 27, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #11,099 of 12,524
Tubes would be the first stop, but also pads changes can alter tonality (thinking of the sub bass).
Right now using the default (auteur?) Lambskin... Thought that was the right choice for me... Any suggestions there? Looking for more mids and low-mid highs (voice, guitar, violin etc), I do like the soundstage and detail with the current pads though

(What would you call Abida Parveens voice btw? It's pretty low but still not quite bassy?)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #11,100 of 12,524
Right now using the default (auteur?) Lambskin... Thought that was the right choice for me... Any suggestions there? Looking for more mids and low-mid highs (voice, guitar, violin etc), I do like the soundstage and detail with the current pads though
I use the Auteur Lamb as well (though I have BE2 Lamb and Universe Lamb).

I have yet to try the other pads though, as I am very happy with the tonal balance and adore the sound stage, which many report is most expansive with the Auteur pads.

If you search this string, there is a lot of pad commentary I think. I’ve actually changed pads more on my Auteur headphones and Eikons to dial them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back