ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 5, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #10,741 of 12,524
Aug 5, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #10,742 of 12,524
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #10,743 of 12,524
I find that the ROOMs stands are the best for keeping the earpads free from pressure AND provide a lengthy and wide rest for the headband to prevent marks/indentations, so all three of my ZMFs get this treatment.

www.thomann.de/de/rooms_audio_line.html

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #10,744 of 12,524
I find that the ROOMs stands are the best for keeping the earpads free from pressure AND provide a lengthy and wide rest for the headband to prevent marks/indentations, so all three of my ZMFs get this treatment.

www.thomann.de/lu/rooms_audio_line.html
Is there a US distributor for them yet? I’ve always wanted one of their “Pro” stands that adjusts up and down.

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #10,745 of 12,524
Is there a US distributor for them yet? I’ve always wanted one of their “Pro” stands that adjusts up and down.

I wouldn't know, I am in Europe. But I would say that if any European Thomann shop ships to the U.S., they are well worth it. I have the regular ones and I find that they provide plenty of height for ZMFs.

Aug 5, 2022 at 6:47 PM Post #10,746 of 12,524
I wouldn't know, I am in Europe. But I would say that if any European Thomann shop ships to the U.S., they are well worth it. I have the regular ones and I find that they provide plenty of height for ZMFs.
Do you leave your cables connected to your ZMFs when on the stand? That’s the main reason I wanted the added height of the pro version. I didn’t want to put any stress on the headphone cable connectors.

Aug 5, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #10,747 of 12,524
Looks like they do ship to US via UPS at around $50

Aug 5, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #10,748 of 12,524
I heard a rumor Headphones.com might be trying to stock them, but I’m not sure if that’s true or not.

Aug 5, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #10,749 of 12,524
I heard a rumor Headphones.com might be trying to stock them, but I’m not sure if that’s true or not.
Try messaging them in the online shop, they may know.

Aug 5, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #10,750 of 12,524
For reference I’ve received my Macassar Ebony VCs today (I had to chase the Fedex truck down the street and injured my toe, don’t ask) and they clock in at 569g.

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:21 AM Post #10,751 of 12,524
Aug 6, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #10,752 of 12,524
+1 for Woo Audio headphone stands. 8 years later and mine still looks like new.

Second! I've got the double stand from Woo, and it's sturdy, looks great, and has great adjustment.

Did my occasional VC pad swapathon this evening, where I try all the pads in my collection to see if my thoughts have changed and if a new combo will "click." I went from loving the Auteur and Universe Hybrids to preferring the Auteur lambs nowadays. The fastest transients, the most impactful low-end. The Auteur hybrids feel a bit too sedate for me, and the Universe hybrids are a little too in my face. The Universe lambs I'm still quite mixed on.

Man. I just wish the Auteur lambs had the comfort of the hybrids, though!

Aug 6, 2022 at 1:45 AM Post #10,753 of 12,524
I’m a big fan off the Woo Audio stands too. The Rooms ones are too short, even the adjustable ones. The Woo Audio stands allow for the cables to remain attached to your headphones without a sharp angle at the bottom (which can put pressure on the ear cup cable connectors). All my headphones are on Woo Audio stands (minus the custom Rooms one I use with my TCs, which is fortunately tall enough)

Aug 6, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #10,754 of 12,524
Do you leave your cables connected to your ZMFs when on the stand? That’s the main reason I wanted the added height of the pro version. I didn’t want to put any stress on the headphone cable connectors.

Yes, I think taking the cables on and off would wear out the headphone female jacks prematurely, wouldn't it? And on the regular ROOMs stand (not Pro) the ZMFs stand nicely with the earpads not touching and allow about 5 centimeters of space for the cable to come down vertically before it turns gently. I don't see a risk of stress on the cable. And I like the non-Pro version because it all fits nicely in my cabinet to protect everything from dust (and to look good :) - although these pictures don't do it justice). Hope this helps on what ROOMs is about.

By the way, notice that the old ZMF headband sits perfectly on the stand. The new headband doesn't do that because of its design, but I still think it gets all the resting support it needs without creating marks.

20220806_120107.jpg20220806_120126.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #10,755 of 12,524
Here is the VC with the headphone cables attached and sitting on the Room stand and it works very well, as you can see there is still room on the adjustment to go higher. Not sure a headband could rest any better than it does on this stand.
These stands are heavy, you won't accidently knock it over.

zmf1.jpg

This is with the stand all the way up...no stress what so ever on the connectors.

IMG_2476.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back