ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 14, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #10,202 of 12,524
what is stabilized mean? just the cup style?

Yeah it uses stabilized wood. Quote from Zach below (for some reason HF isn't letting me quote directly but link here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-stabilized-release-friday-9-3-21-at-6pm-cst.959470/post-16539225)

---

Stabilized wood is a magical entity. The wood we used for this special run started its life as a maple tree that unfortunately acquired an infection. After infected - trees form “tumorous” growths called burls in order to protect the rest of the tree when this happens, which causes the grains to intertwine, in effect closing this area of the tree to the greater circulatory system. This creates abnormally beautiful wood, but also wood that has figuring, voids, and gaps. These burls can be seen to the naked eye, and cut off the tree while allowing the rest of the tree to grow healthily. Once harvested though, all these voids can make the wood hard to use without stabilization.

Fortunately for us, it can then be stabilized and made into beautiful headphones!

Before the wood is machined into a headphone, the wood is cut to precise sized blocks and carefully dried to near zero percent humidity. A liquid resin dye is then introduced in a pressurized chamber. The resin, not only beautifies the wood, but solidifies any of those gaps that would otherwise crumble when being machined. All this work to procure maple burl and stabilize the wood is a time consuming process, as it takes 6+ months from harvest to headphone, but we think the results show that’s it’s well worth the time, cost and effort!

Apr 15, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #10,203 of 12,524
I've been trying to get a stabilized set but been a bit of a disillusion as how quickly they sold out. So...

Incase anyone is interested in selling their Stabilized set from last year's December's Drop, I've listed a 'want to buy' listing...

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/stabilized-verite-closed-2021-decembers-drop.23818/

I'll pay full retail 😁
They do pop up every now and then here on the B/S/T forum.

Never paid much attention as to how fast most of them sell, but yeah, whenever ZMF does a run of them, they seem to sell out fast.

Heck, who does not like burls :slight_smile:

VCB.jpg

Apr 15, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #10,205 of 12,524

Never paid much attention as to how fast most of them sell, but yeah, whenever ZMF does a run of them, they seem to sell out fast.

Those really are such an incredible looking pair! Nice pic man.

Apr 15, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #10,206 of 12,524

VCB.jpg

Making me miss my stabilized set already, lol.

Although I definitely will get a stabilized set of an Atrium Closed (hopefully) once they come out with it!

Apr 15, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #10,207 of 12,524
Making me miss my stabilized set already, lol.

Although I definitely will get a stabilized set of an Atrium Closed (hopefully) once they come out with it!
If ZMF ever was to take custom orders on stabilized sets it would be a dream come true. I'm sure alot of people would be willing to pay premium to be able to have exactly what they desire, I know I would.

Apr 15, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #10,208 of 12,524
If ZMF ever was to take custom orders on stabilized sets it would be a dream come true. I'm sure alot of people would be willing to pay premium to be able to have exactly what they desire, I know I would.
I agree with you fully @JBOOGIE86. If I could order a customized set for even a higher price point I would gladly take that opportunity. I'm still on the fence with trying to buy a stabilized set this November. I'm contemplating keeping my Olives and putting that money towards a Stabilized Atrium. Or even better a Stabilized Atrium Closed if Zach releases the closed by then.

IMG_3395.jpg

Apr 15, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #10,209 of 12,524
DD2F3CD1-422A-46F8-8D39-4DCCF3FF9BC4.jpeg

Apr 15, 2022 at 7:12 PM Post #10,211 of 12,524
Apr 15, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #10,213 of 12,524
Apr 15, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #10,215 of 12,524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back