ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Feb 3, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #9,466 of 12,586
I am thinking about buying some more pads for my VC. I have the auteur lambskin and auteur hybrid right now. I tend to enjoy the auteur lambskin the best out of those two. I am curious as to what other pads may sound like. I don't want anything less dynamic and bass heavy that the auteur lambskin. What would be an option that is better than the auteur lambskin with dynamics and bass without losing to much Soundstage and 3d effect? I like to feel my music when I listen but I like the Soundstage, 3d effect , and details. Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 3, 2022 at 4:50 AM Post #9,467 of 12,586
I am thinking about buying some more pads for my VC. I have the auteur lambskin and auteur hybrid right now. I tend to enjoy the auteur lambskin the best out of those two. I am curious as to what other pads may sound like. I don't want anything less dynamic and bass heavy that the auteur lambskin. What would be an option that is better than the auteur lambskin with dynamics and bass without losing to much Soundstage and 3d effect? I like to feel my music when I listen but I like the Soundstage, 3d effect , and details. Any help would be appreciated.

Universe Lambskins feel as 3d as the Auteur pads but you lose some stage as far as height goes. They don't feel as big but they are still good. Bass is even better and more dynamic. Second option is BE2 Lambskin. They become very wide. I've mentioned in a previous post that they sound like open back planars. They remind me a lot of LCD-X. Sound moves closer but feels as big as the Auteur pads. Probably a little too intense for some but check them out

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:10 AM Post #9,468 of 12,586
Universe Lambskins feel as 3d as the Auteur pads but you lose some stage as far as height goes. They don't feel as big but they are still good. Bass is even better and more dynamic. Second option is BE2 Lambskin. They become very wide. I've mentioned in a previous post that they sound like open back planars. They remind me a lot of LCD-X. Sound moves closer but feels as big as the Auteur pads. Probably a little too intense for some but check them out
The universe was the one I was leaning towards I just don't understand the differences In all the universe pads. What are the differences and what does a perforated pad do differently?

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #9,469 of 12,586
The universe was the one I was leaning towards I just don't understand the differences In all the universe pads. What are the differences and what does a perforated pad do differently?
Perforated pads are for open back headphones while solid ones are for closed backs such as VC. Do not mix them. They don't work

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #9,470 of 12,586
Ok so VC will have all solid pads. That actually helps me tremendously!

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #9,471 of 12,586
Feb 3, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #9,473 of 12,586
I have been using the Auteur lambskin, should probably do some testing with Be. Am looking for a little more presence/body in the mid, will the hybrid Auteur help?
Auteur Hybrids are my favourite pads, they sound pretty even through the range and the suede adds nicely to the comfort.

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:59 AM Post #9,474 of 12,586
I have been using the Auteur lambskin, should probably do some testing with Be. Am looking for a little more presence/body in the mid, will the hybrid Auteur help?
I recently went to the Auteur Hybrids after spending quite a bit of time with BE2 Hybrids and then Auteur Lambskins. I like where it's at now. Good presence and body. Keeps the Auteur soundstage. Also very comfortable, particularly vs. the BE2 for people like me with big ol' Prince of Wales ears.

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:43 PM Post #9,476 of 12,586
Auteur Hybrids do seem like the best compromise between all the pads I've tried so far.
Agree that they are best for me.

Feb 3, 2022 at 3:14 PM Post #9,479 of 12,586
No love for the Auteur Suede ?
I've tried those - not bad. I've tried 7 different pads though and every time I go back to the Universe Suede on my VC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back