ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #751 of 12,513
10355571.jpg

So...Which one is Beauty and which one is the Beast?

Easy, the Glenn OTL is the Beast! Zach's creations are obviously the Beauties!

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #752 of 12,513
If the main purpose of VC is to listen to classical music, would monkeypod be a better choice compared to ironwood?
Zach's Atticus and Eikon are not closed enough to enjoy classical music on commute

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #754 of 12,513
My bank account.... 2400 will die, but as the sun rises in the east they shall ride out!

We all have to suffer for beautiful sound. Sacrifices have to be made. My Fostex TH900 and Stax L700 have already fallen in the battle for the Verité Closed. May they give their new owners much happiness.

Now the unbearable waiting begins. Steel yourselves!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #755 of 12,513
Sep 20, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #757 of 12,513
I believe Zach mentioned he's doing it a bit differently this time...limited stock instead of pre-orders. When they're sold out I think he'll do another run if feasible.

Zach’s welcome to correct me if I’m under the wrong impression but I’d assume since it says “ships in October/November” at the bottom of the page that it would be the normal wait time. He might have the cups cut and ready but not assembled or something.

We have about 20 of each (Ltd and stock) in production that will be finished and shipped in the next 10 - 14 days. The monkeypod will ship faster as we received a number of ironwood orders already from people at shows (London and rmaf) - I am doing my best to secure more Ironwood as I am anticipating it will be sold out quickly, if I am able to do so I will leave it selling as long as we have units we can make.

The whole plan was to have as many ready to ship as we could for the 20th and we are way ahead of where we were with any other release, so it won't be the typical wait from our previous pre-orders, which is why we're just calling it a "release discount" instead of a "pre-order discount" for 300 off.

I will run the discount through Zmfestivus weekend until the 7th of October for both models (Ltd and stock).

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 20, 2019 at 6:59 AM Post #758 of 12,513
We have about 20 of each (Ltd and stock) in production that will be finished and shipped in the next 10 - 14 days. The monkeypod will ship faster as we received a number of ironwood orders already from people at shows (London and rmaf) - I am doing my best to secure more Ironwood as I am anticipating it will be sold out quickly, if I am able to do so I will leave it selling as long as we have units we can make.

The whole plan was to have as many ready to ship as we could for the 20th and we are way ahead of where we were with any other release, so it won't be the typical wait from our previous pre-orders, which is why we're just calling it a "release discount" instead of a "pre-order discount" for 300 off.

I will run the discount through Zmfestivus weekend until the 7th of October for both models (Ltd and stock).
YAY!!! :slight_smile::ok_hand::slight_smile::ok_hand:
Couple of weeks does not sound so bad!!!!

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #760 of 12,513
Ah that is a shame I was looking forward to having a new toy to play with on holiday the week after next...

I am sure I will survive...

Just! :ksc75smile::deadhorse:

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:10 AM Post #761 of 12,513
I have settled on looks in my latest case of audiofilia nervosa. Since I will not be able to compare any eventual differences in sound beforehand it was down to weight vs looks and the optics of the ironwood won me over.

Discovering that my teak Eikons already weigh in at 580 grams made me not worry about the extra weight of ironwood vs monkey pod.
Audiofilia nervosa!!! LOL

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:42 AM Post #762 of 12,513
We all have to suffer for beautiful sound. Sacrifices have to be made. My Fostex TH900 and Stax L700 have already fallen in the battle for the Verité Closed. May they give their new owners much happiness.

Now the unbearable waiting begins. Steel yourselves!

Let me know how VC compares to TH900. Also, seeing we’re practically neighbors, where did you buy your ZMF headphones?

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #763 of 12,513
Let me know how VC compares to TH900. Also, seeing we’re practically neighbors, where did you buy your ZMF headphones?
I actually just sold the TH900's to put the funds towards the VC.
I bought the Eikons from a country man of yours here on head-fi. This time I am getting them from Headphonecompany in Germany.

Sep 20, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #764 of 12,513
If the main purpose of VC is to listen to classical music, would monkeypod be a better choice compared to ironwood?
Zach's Atticus and Eikon are not closed enough to enjoy classical music on commute

I can’t totally answer your question here, but I can tell you the MonkeyPod VC is one of the best headphones I’ve ever heard for classical music, hands down. The stage is enormous and open, and everything sounds full and HUGE!

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #765 of 12,513
I can’t totally answer your question here, but I can tell you the MonkeyPod VC is one of the best headphones I’ve ever heard for classical music, hands down. The stage is enormous and open, and everything sounds full and HUGE!
That's great to hear! I have been wondering about that. 80% of the music I hear is classical.
I am liking my Stellia more and more, but I still feel them less full/organic than my XC.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back