ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Aug 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #7,231 of 12,497
No luck. Someone else got them :sob: and there are no others listed on Ebay. Does anyone know dealers in the EU, where it would make sense to ask for B-Stock or is that hopeless because the ZMFs are always build to order for a specific customer. 2800€ are simply much for me right now.
We will have our yearly b stock sale in November (ZMF November) - so you could always wait for that! 😉

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 15, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #7,232 of 12,497
Been loving my VC's paried with my Bifrost 2 and Sparkos Aries amp so far :) Can anyone recommend a good single-ended tube pre-amp that can bring some of that tubey goodness to a powerful and clean solid state amp like the Aries? I'm looking to dip my toe in the tube world rather than go full dive, lol. I was thinking of the Freya+ but I'm open to other suggestions of good tube pre-amps!

Aug 15, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #7,233 of 12,497
November? You might as well have said in a million years from now:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But seriously, thanks for the tip, I did not hear about ZMF November yet. And who knows... Maybe the 620 grams of the Iron Woods I was chasing would have been too heavy. I like the darker woods (like Monkeypod) equally (and would sell a kidney for the purple ones) :darthsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #7,234 of 12,497
November? You might as well have said in a million years from now:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But seriously, thanks for the tip, I did not hear about ZMF November yet. And who knows... Maybe the 620 grams of the Iron Woods I was chasing would have been too heavy. I like the darker woods (like Monkeypod) equally (and would sell a kidney for the purple ones) :darthsmile:

I've been trying to get purple ones for 2 years. I just saw one was listed on AVexchange for a while 6 months ago. Long enough that the seller had to lower the price even with a best offer option. :sob:

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #7,235 of 12,497
Been loving my VC's paried with my Bifrost 2 and Sparkos Aries amp so far :) Can anyone recommend a good single-ended tube pre-amp that can bring some of that tubey goodness to a powerful and clean solid state amp like the Aries? I'm looking to dip my toe in the tube world rather than go full dive, lol. I was thinking of the Freya+ but I'm open to other suggestions of good tube pre-amps!
I have the Auris HA-2SF which I enjoy very much with my VC. I also have the Sparkos Aries which I like but to get into the tubes with an Amp that is super clear, fast, clean - no background noise whatsoever - and not too tubby..... I would recommend to take a look at the HA-2SF, it is a beautiful amp!

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #7,236 of 12,497
I have the Auris HA-2SF which I enjoy very much with my VC. I also have the Sparkos Aries which I like but to get into the tubes with an Amp that is super clear, fast, clean - no background noise whatsoever - and not too tubby..... I would recommend to take a look at the HA-2SF, it is a beautiful amp!

Nice amp :) Actually, that's why I wanted to go for a tube pre-amp instead of a full tube power amp. I still want to use the Aries but introduce some tubey sound while also saving a few bucks in the process, lol.

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:43 PM Post #7,237 of 12,497
Ugh. I can't figure out which pads are which (first world problems). I want to mark them up under the flap with a white garment marker, but... I also want to mark them up right. Anyone care to help me identify which is which?

IMG_1770.jpg

Sorry 'bout the mess. This is a combo of Eikon, Auteur, BE2 and Universe. I thiiiiiiiink they go Universe, Auteur, Eikon and BE2 from left to right... was hoping someone could confirm. Or correct. Either way. Thank you!

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #7,238 of 12,497
Ugh. I can't figure out which pads are which (first world problems). I want to mark them up under the flap with a white garment marker, but... I also want to mark them up right. Anyone care to help me identify which is which?

IMG_1770.jpg

Sorry 'bout the mess. This is a combo of Eikon, Auteur, BE2 and Universe. I thiiiiiiiink they go Universe, Auteur, Eikon and BE2 from left to right... was hoping someone could confirm. Or correct. Either way. Thank you!
You have it right but its from right to left.

Aug 15, 2021 at 8:56 PM Post #7,239 of 12,497
You have it right but its from right to left.
So what you're saying is I have it right by having it literally as wrong as I could have it?

Aug 15, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #7,240 of 12,497
So what you're saying is I have it right by having it literally as wrong as I could have it?
LOL yeah.

Looking at the picture, the pads on the far right (furthest away are the BE2 (thinnest pad and kinda flat), followed by Eikon (earhole more centered and pad slanted), then Auteur (same as Eikon but wider, more earhole offset and pad slanted) and finally the universe (earhole centered and pad flat).

Aug 16, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #7,241 of 12,497
Got my hand on Gel3n amp today to pair up with the leopardwood VC. Didn't get to try out Gotl for some reason, but was happy enough with Gel3n on the VC, such a musical pair!

LpUpXue.jpg
You got it....good for you!
Enjoy the amp, cans, and music :relaxed:

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #7,243 of 12,497
You got it....good for you!
Enjoy the amp, cans, and music :relaxed:
Thanks and your inputs has definitely helps! Without comparing to gotl, I love how they sound on Gel3n. I just discovered that there's still option to tube roll with adapter (e.g. el34), but I since this is VC thread I shall not dwell too far. VC continues to wow me in just so many aspects!

Aug 16, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #7,244 of 12,497

IMG_1770.jpg

Wow I was hoping to ask if there's any prize for those who got it all correct, but seems like we already have a winner!

Aug 16, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #7,245 of 12,497
Here’s the pic, I love the lines on my cups were almost matching-parallels, but it’s heartbreaking what’s happened to them. They’ve taken a hit, I came from work two nights ago and had found the right cup with some pretty nasty scratches. I don’t want to assume who and what caused it, but Does anyone know if there is a way to make it less noticeable?
Damn, my heart goes out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back