ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 25, 2021 at 5:18 PM Post #6,301 of 12,522
May 25, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #6,303 of 12,522
I ordered it on April 23rd.
Good to know, I’m a month in now! Well I from previous experience I expect 2 more month, hopefully they are ready by the time I return to School.

May 25, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #6,305 of 12,522
My VC Olive went into the sanding and finishing stage on May 13th, so hopefully it'll be ready by next month :)
Cool, so we should both be getting ours around the same time, mine entered the Sanding and finishing phase the same day! Don’t know what shipping method you chose, but trust me the days that it’s out in shipping are always the longest. This time I made sure to opt for overnite delivery.

May 26, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #6,306 of 12,522
Also my order can no longer be found on the order lookup page, which is a little disconcerting, but hopefully just a glitch.
There's some kind of issue with the "order lookup" function on shopify right now. We're working on it and will get it working asap. But do rest assured all orders are in production and it won't affect any of our internal production. Will update as we have it back up and running!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 26, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #6,307 of 12,522
There's some kind of issue with the "order lookup" function on shopify right now. We're working on it and will get it working asap. But do rest assured all orders are in production and it won't affect any of our internal production. Will update as we have it back up and running!

Attachments

• thats-what-i-like-about-you-your-attention-to-detail.jpg
    thats-what-i-like-about-you-your-attention-to-detail.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #6,308 of 12,522
Shopify/website is all fixed you should be able to look your orders up now. If not let us know!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 26, 2021 at 4:48 PM Post #6,309 of 12,522
IMG_0798.jpg

Because I'm a moron, I now find myself in possession of 3 VCs.

I bought the Monkeypod one from ZMF a few months back, and I quickly realized that it was my favorite headphone. Every time I use something else for a while and then come back to a VC, my brain immediately goes: "Oh! Yes, this is what this music is supposed to sound like". It's almost as if this headphone was tuned for what my brain expects to hear. There is nothing missing, and there is nothing excessive. It's engaging, it slams, the tonal balance is perfect to my taste, sound stage is great (especially for a closed back!), it's just faultless.

Then my brain went - if you like it so much - why don't you look for a limited edition one?

So I managed to snag a Camphor Burl from a Redditor, and damn, they're a beauty!

More or less the next day the announcement for stabilized VCs dropped, and I was lucky enough to snag the Coccinati!

Unfortunately I'm fairly sensitive to weight, neck pain, and clamp force, and it seems that with ZMF - beauty comes at a cost - weight.

The Monkeypods weigh 479g, the Camphor Burl 510g, and my new stabilized set weighs 548g.

I've used the stabilized set for the past 2 days and I think I can get it comfortable-enough, and will sell the other two pairs once I can convince myself that it's the right decision, and once my lazy ass musters enough energy to take the pictures and such.

In other headphone news, I've ordered a new Verite Open in Sapele yesterday to replace my VO in Silkwood (402g! possibly the lightest ZMF on the planet) because while comfort is important, an emotional connection to the headphone is king - and looks are a huge part of it.

I drive everything off an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I value desk space a lot when it comes to DAC/Amps - and I do use the EQ on it as it's connected to Windows and Linux laptops and those can't share EQ software and profiles, hardware EQ made more sense to me. That being said the EQ profiles I use for the VC and Diana v2 are so gentle I might transition to a THX Onyx dongle at some point and get rid of the RME. I also tried a Feliks Audio Echo Mk 2 and while it was appreciably different than the RME (though... not necessarily better, I ended up preferring the sound quality of the RME and THX Onyx) - I couldn't justify how impractical it was for my use case. Size, heat, and just the ridiculousness of turning it on and off and whatnot.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #6,310 of 12,522
IMG_0798.jpg

I bought the Monkeypod one from ZMF a few months back, and I quickly realized that it was my favorite headphone. Every time I use something else for a while and then come back to a VC, my brain immediately goes: "Oh! Yes, this is what this music is supposed to sound like". It's almost as if this headphone was tuned for what my brain expects to hear. There is nothing missing, and there is nothing excessive. It's engaging, it slams, the tonal balance is perfect to my taste, sound stage is great (especially for a closed back!), it's just faultless.

Then my brain went - if you like it so much - why don't you look for a limited edition one?

So I managed to snag a Camphor Burl from a Redditor, and damn, they're a beauty!

More or less the next day the announcement for stabilized VCs dropped, and I was lucky enough to snag the Coccinati!

Unfortunately I'm fairly sensitive to weight, neck pain, and clamp force, and it seems that with ZMF - beauty comes at a cost - weight.

The Monkeypods weigh 479g, the Camphor Burl 510g, and my new stabilized set weighs 548g.

I've used the stabilized set for the past 2 days and I think I can get it comfortable-enough, and will sell the other two pairs once I can convince myself that it's the right decision, and once my lazy ass musters enough energy to take the pictures and such.

In other headphone news, I've ordered a new Verite Open in Sapele yesterday to replace my VO in Silkwood (402g! possibly the lightest ZMF on the planet) because while comfort is important, an emotional connection to the headphone is king - and looks are a huge part of it.

I drive everything off an RME ADI-2 DAC FS. I value desk space a lot when it comes to DAC/Amps - and I do use the EQ on it as it's connected to Windows and Linux laptops and those can't share EQ software and profiles, hardware EQ made more sense to me. That being said the EQ profiles I use for the VC and Diana v2 are so gentle I might transition to a THX Onyx dongle at some point and get rid of the RME. I also tried a Feliks Audio Echo Mk 2 and while it was appreciably different than the RME (though... not necessarily better, I ended up preferring the sound quality of the RME and THX Onyx) - I couldn't justify how impractical it was for my use case. Size, heat, and just the ridiculousness of turning it on and off and whatnot.

You only sell those because you want a limited one and appreciate the looks and not because of the sound?

May 26, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #6,311 of 12,522
IMG_0798.jpg

Ha :grinning: ...Those are all sweet!

I think you are making the right choice, then again I have zero issues with weight with ZMF....If you need less weight you have two beautiful headphones to choose from.
Tuff choice from those three !

May 26, 2021 at 4:56 PM Post #6,312 of 12,522

That's interesting so you notice the increase in weight? Awesome sets BTW, and awesome Dac/AMP (I'm running the same and it's been a fantastic AIO setup. I figured if I could adjust to the blackwood aeolus (580g) I'll probably be fine with the Stabilized. Your Monkeypod set looks great but yeah that Stabilized is a keeper for sure. I did not like the look of Camphor Burl in person which is why I sold my previous set.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #6,313 of 12,522
You only sell those because you want a limited one and appreciate the looks and not because of the sound?

All 3 sound the same (they're all VCs), so between those 3 it's just about looks vs. weight.

May 26, 2021 at 5:13 PM Post #6,314 of 12,522
IMG_0798.jpg

That’s a very expensive way to comparison shop! You might do well switching your stabilized over to the suede strap as it would give you a bit more cushion for the weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back