ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Mar 27, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #5,311 of 12,524
Thanks for your feedback. I was also interested to try the ZDT Jr, but from what I heard the SW51+ is a better pairing with the VC?
Yes, definitely as SW51+ is not as tubey as ZDT Jr. ZDT Jr is better match for VO

Mar 27, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #5,313 of 12,524
I just spent my evening listening to a “live concert” of the band Wardruna in the comfort of my sofa on my ZMF Verite Closed.
What a wonderful experience!

Edit: My wife who has always loved music but mostly listens on AirPods Pro or Noise cancelling headphones also listened to the concert using the ZMF Verite Closed and could not stop expressing how enjoyable it was. One more fan for the ZMF Club!

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #5,315 of 12,524
I just spent my evening listening to a “live concert” of the band Wardruna in the comfort of my sofa on my ZMF Verite Closed.
Their style reminds me of Game Of Thrones. Has their music been featured on that show?

Mar 27, 2021 at 10:01 PM Post #5,317 of 12,524

Edit: My wife who has always loved music but mostly listens on AirPods Pro or Noise cancelling headphones also listened to the concert using the ZMF Verite Closed and could not stop expressing how enjoyable it was. One more fan for the ZMF Club!
Love Wardruna. The VC never fails with pagan folk!

Mar 28, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #5,318 of 12,524
Interesting. Did you try different tubes with the SW51+ ? Someone told me that the NOS Mullards are very good with the VC.
No, I haven't rolled in any tube yet and getting used to stock one. The sound signature is very satisfying even with stock tube for me. Will try to roll in Mullards and Report back.
Was up till 4 AM last night while listening to SW51 /BF2 and VC

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #5,319 of 12,524
Looking at VCs. Questions:
1. Does ZMF always offer custom wood options on request? Or do they just do batch offerings? Right now only Monkey wood is listed on VC site.
2. Monkey is on the soft end of the spectrum. ZMF describes soft woods as having more reverb. Does reverb equate to 3d depth of stage?
Monkey wood is my least desirable wood option aesthetically. I'm hoping to be able to acquire a different wood that still has depth in sound stage.

Mar 28, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #5,320 of 12,524
Looking at VCs. Questions:
1. Does ZMF always offer custom wood options on request? Or do they just do batch offerings? Right now only Monkey wood is listed on VC site.
2. Monkey is on the soft end of the spectrum. ZMF describes soft woods as having more reverb. Does reverb equate to 3d depth of stage?
Monkey wood is my least desirable wood option aesthetically. I'm hoping to be able to acquire a different wood that still has depth in sound stage.
Zach has mentioned that they aren’t doing custom orders for some time as they try to catch up on existing orders. He also said they’ll eventually set up more customization options to eventually have stock models in stock or shipping much more quickly and more options for those willing to wait for them.

Mar 28, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #5,323 of 12,524
I'd love to have even vanilla Zebra Wood. Their dyed colors ftw.
My dark stained Zebrawood Auteur is my 2nd favorite headphone to look at.

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #5,324 of 12,524
Even some of the vanilla woods can be amazing. My Sapele Aeolus has a crazy shimmer when the light hits it, like the grain has depth to it or something. I think it looks better than my Leopardwood VC, personally. The first Sapele Aeolus I owned didn't have that shimmer at all, but its new owner thinks it's gorgeous. I guess you could email Zach and let him know your worries. Maybe he'll hand-pick one for you from the batch? It's worth a shot. He's very helpful.
In the end, though, it's how they sound that really matters.

Mar 28, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #5,325 of 12,524

Users who are viewing this thread

Back