ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #481 of 12,513
10351642.jpg

No words required.
Indeed, no words required. :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

Quite the perfect photo: the (morning or afternoon?) sunbeams caressing the beautiful wood cans,:L3000::L3000::L3000: and the gorgeous tubes looming in the background. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sep 12, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #482 of 12,513
Are those the copper sliders? I think that there is just about the perfect combo for me, that color of sliders and the charcoal bronze chassis just looks great with the lighter colored wood

Yup! It's a gorgeous look, my friend.

Sep 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #483 of 12,513
Your Torpedo should sound fantastic with the VC, or VO for that matter.

@SmashBruh, I’ve had trouble peeling the VO’s off of my head to do a comparison, I’ll do my bet to give the Atty some head time to compare. Don’t hesitate to PM to spur me along.
I 100% know that feel my friend. The VO is definitely one of those headphones that calls you back over and over! (Unfortunately for me so is the Auteur lol)

Sep 12, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #484 of 12,513
My review of the VC is live. I also posted it on the first page of this thread. I try to explain how and why I came to my opinions of the VC.

Sorry about your wallets.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #485 of 12,513
My review of the VC is live. I also posted it on the first page of this thread. I try to explain how and why I came to my opinions of the VC.

Sorry about your wallets.

Ugh I was just about to go to bed... it’s 1am + here! I’ll put the kettle on...

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #486 of 12,513
Well... what a review! Verite open and closed for end game? I’d settle for that. If a sweet deal appeared for buying both together I’d throw down without a blink, and I’d imagine I wouldn’t be alone ha.

I was supposed to be getting rid of some headphones before the arrival of a VC but I’ve gone and bought a Nightowl carbon in the meantime. Wanted to form an opinion on them before they got too hard / expensive to find new. £345 quid can’t go wrong.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #487 of 12,513
... Sorry about your wallets.

Seriously thinking about getting the VC to complement my VO and selling everything else. I am thrilled that a dynamic headphone has come along with such high performance levels - my tube amp is finally getting the chance to show what it can do. Something about high impedance dynamic headphones and tube amps makes for audio bliss.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #488 of 12,513
Seriously thinking about getting the VC to complement my VO and selling everything else. I am thrilled that a dynamic headphone has come along with such high performance levels - my tube amp is finally getting the chance to show what it can do. Something about high impedance dynamic headphones and tube amps makes for audio bliss.
The buying part is easy plenty of organs to sell if needed :wink: it’s the selling that’s hard. The VC could easily replace the Z1R and 820s I own, and in time they probably will, but it won’t be easy letting them go.

Sep 12, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #489 of 12,513
The buying part is easy plenty of organs to sell if needed :wink: it’s the selling that’s hard. The VC could easily replace the Z1R and 820s I own, and in time they probably will, but it won’t be easy letting them go.

I might keep the HEKv2 for Classical / Jazz / Instrumental where a more neutral presentation might be a better choice, but apart from that I can't see much reason to keep my other cans.

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #490 of 12,513

I haven’t heard the ZR1 or the 820s in a while, but if my recollections are accurate, it won’t be hard letting them go once you hear the VC.

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #491 of 12,513
I haven’t heard the ZR1 or the 820s in a while, but if my recollections are accurate, it won’t be hard letting them go once you hear the VC.
I know I know... But there’s also more to the headphone than just the sound. It’s what it represents, the tactile feel of it, the aesthetics, the character. Even my AIAIAI’s which sound pretty terrible I love for their comfort, modularity, look, and ruggedness. I use them for when I’m going through online videos (interviews/courses etc.) and djing.

I probably get a little too clingy to them and alas I’m not Zeos and can’t justify having a large collection for the sake of it especially with what little time I have to dedicate to listening right now.

Anyway mega hyped for more VC reviews, pics, and due date!

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #492 of 12,513
I need to stop attending RMAF. Last time I narrowly escaped buying the Ether 2 - I already have the Ether Flow, so it's hard to justify. Now I am extremely tempted to get the Vérité C Ltd and the Rosson Audio Design RAD-0. Ether C Flow and Ether Flow are serving me well, but... these are so nice! And I don't have a flagship dynamic pair of headphones, or one with that high an impedance, so that'll make my amp reviews more meaningful... right? And it being limited, it should be easy enough to sell if necessary, right?
I wanted to instead buy speakers so I can put all the amps I have to good use. Well, the speakers are arriving tomorrow, but... I can't stop thinking about those damn headphones! I need help!

Sep 12, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #493 of 12,513
I need to stop attending RMAF. Last time I narrowly escaped buying the Ether 2 - I already have the Ether Flow, so it's hard to justify. Now I am extremely tempted to get the Vérité C Ltd and the Rosson Audio Design RAD-0. Ether C Flow and Ether Flow are serving me well, but... these are so nice! And I don't have a flagship dynamic pair of headphones, or one with that high an impedance, so that'll make my amp reviews more meaningful... right? And it being limited, it should be easy enough to sell if necessary, right?
I wanted to instead buy speakers so I can put all the amps I have to good use. Well, the speakers are arriving tomorrow, but... I can't stop thinking about those damn headphones! I need help!
Buy it. You live @SF, $ should not be a problem. You can always sale it at 30-50% off later if you don't like it.

BTW, The global Headphone market was 9220 million US$ in 2018 and is expected to 12100 million US$ by the end of 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.4% between 2019 and 2025.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back