ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:39 PM Post #466 of 12,513
No truer words have even been spoken.....all high impedance cans I have tried, all paired great with tubes.
The AKG K240 sextett (600 ohms),for whatever reason sounds much,much better from solid state,and im not alone in this opinion.

For those considering the VC,and dont want to mess with tubes,keep an eye on my review. I have some interesting thoughts on the VC with solid state.

Sep 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #467 of 12,513
I find it, like the Verite Open, pairs well with solid states...I’ve only used my Phonitor XE and Cayin N6ii for solid state though.

But like other ZMF headphones they adapt really well and have a nice synergy with Tubes. But I find them just as capable with solid states, just more “neutral”? That isn’t quite right...brain is tired, trying to find the right word... “dryer” keeps coming to mind but that isn’t quite right either...hmmm...I’ll see if it comes to me later.

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #469 of 12,513
The AKG K240 sextett (600 ohms),for whatever reason sounds much,much better from solid state,and im not alone in this opinion.....

Might be a power thing. 600 Ohm is quite a bit of impedance to overcome. A super grunty tube amp might change things around. By super grunty I mean "can drive the HE6".

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #470 of 12,513
Might be a power thing. 600 Ohm is quite a bit of impedance to overcome. A super grunty tube amp might change things around. By super grunty I mean "can drive the HE6".
Yep. Perhaps if I ever land a 300b like yours I might have a different opinion.

Sep 10, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #471 of 12,513
Yep. Perhaps if I ever land a 300b like yours I might have a different opinion.

In a mad moment with Glenn we discussed an 845 version of the 300B amp. Bigger transformers and so on, but the C3g can still drive the 845. Can't remember if there would two C3gs per 845, but might have been just one. Probably not very practical, given the massive amount of heat 845s throw out, but having 20wpc of SET goodness sounds kinda cool.

Sep 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #472 of 12,513
Sep 10, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #473 of 12,513
You're such a tease!
I keep refreshing, but nothing shows up on YouTube... :wink:
I just finished my final a/b vs. VO.,so were getting closer.
Im settled in for an evening of just enjoying the VC.

Sep 11, 2019 at 4:16 AM Post #474 of 12,513
These come out for sale on the same day as the storm area 51 event... is Zach releasing these headphones on purpose to distract the american public from the truth? :telescope::alien::satellite:
Or are the Desert Ironwood ltd edition made from trees grown in the Nevada desert, injected with alien dna for superior sound? Is the "beryllium" sprayed on the driver actually made from exotic alien alloys? :nut_and_bolt::radioactive:
Ask yourself this, how else can he come up with such great headphones? I'm going to buy a pair to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I ask at least that nobody buys an ironwood set before I can, it's very important that I get a set for research. :L3000:

Sep 11, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #475 of 12,513
The AKG K240 sextett (600 ohms),for whatever reason sounds much,much better from solid state,and im not alone in this opinion.

For those considering the VC,and dont want to mess with tubes,keep an eye on my review. I have some interesting thoughts on the VC with solid state.

Oh wow, 600 ohms.

I have never tried anything over 300 Ohms. The 300 ohm headphones I have tried, maybe six different pairs....I preferred all with tubes.
That being said, they still sounded good on SS.

Sep 11, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #476 of 12,513
Oh wow, 600 ohms.

I have never tried anything over 300 Ohms. The 300 ohm headphones I have tried, maybe six different pairs....I preferred all with tubes.
That being said, they still sounded good on SS.
I actually have 6 pairs of 600ohm headphones. I have all three of the sextetts,an AKG K240DF and an AKG K340 and a vintage DT990.
The K340 is less sensitive than the sextetts and DF,but sounds better thru tubes. The DF to be honest I havent even really listened to them in the three months ive owned them. I need to give them a day in court at some point soon.
The DT990 is my sacrificial pair for new tube testing. :) All like tubes more than solid state,but the Sextetts are different. Dont really understand why.

Sep 11, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #477 of 12,513
These come out for sale on the same day as the storm area 51 event... is Zach releasing these headphones on purpose to distract the american public from the truth? :telescope::alien::satellite:
Or are the Desert Ironwood ltd edition made from trees grown in the Nevada desert, injected with alien dna for superior sound? Is the "beryllium" sprayed on the driver actually made from exotic alien alloys? :nut_and_bolt::radioactive:
Ask yourself this, how else can he come up with such great headphones? I'm going to buy a pair to get to the bottom of this mystery, but I ask at least that nobody buys an ironwood set before I can, it's very important that I get a set for research. :L3000:

Zach - I swear I did not tell anyone! People just figured it on their own... :wink:

Sep 11, 2019 at 11:37 PM Post #478 of 12,513
I will mainly drive the VC with my Questyle cma400i, but I will also see how it pairs with my Torpedo that has E90CC tubes.

Your Torpedo should sound fantastic with the VC, or VO for that matter.

@SmashBruh, I’ve had trouble peeling the VO’s off of my head to do a comparison, I’ll do my bet to give the Atty some head time to compare. Don’t hesitate to PM to spur me along.

Sep 12, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #479 of 12,513
10351642.jpg

No words required.

Attachments

• Veriete C.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back