ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 25, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #4,261 of 12,524
Quite surprised to see these in the classifieds almost at the same time as this post. Not so happy after all?
To be completely transparent I do/did but I needed to reach 15 comments to post on the trading page. I'm more of a reader than a commenter so I wasn't sure how I'd organically get to that point.

From the VO, VC, auteur, 800s, pendant, vali, modi, bifrost nothing never seemed to truly resonate with me. Everything was good but not what I imagined hifi would be. Then I got the Utopia which completely blew me away. I haven't stopped using it since. Funny enough it seems to commonly be described as not a particularly good 'all-arounder.' But for me its been perfect for all music/listening. I think what it is is that I really don't like bass (I use the EQ bass reducer setting on my iphone). I have/will sell all my gear besides the chain of utopia-pass labs hpa-1-aqua la voce s3 (it's just that perfect for me). I'm intrigued by the Raal sr1a (because of how out there it seems) and will use the VC money on that if I pull the trigger.

But yeah it makes my earlier post seem weird/disingenuous but the VC is my last headphone left to sell. Considering I seem to not like warmth of any kind I guess it makes sense that there wasn't a fit. The reason I waited this long to sell is the personal touch/sentimental value it has in being unique to me. People seem to like the purple VO more but its the VC that was my favorite.

My above post would have been accurate before getting the Utopia (particularly post #4256). It's just that after buying/selling through so many options I finally see how high the bar can be set (for my personal preferences).

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #4,262 of 12,524
Very Merry Christmas to all you crazy ZMF VC fans. What luck we have with these prizes of sound! Thanks for the gift that keeps on giving @zach915m & co. I've not thought about other headphones since Sep last year :)

Dec 25, 2020 at 6:36 AM Post #4,263 of 12,524
Very Merry Christmas to all you crazy ZMF VC fans. What luck we have with these prizes of sound! Thanks for the gift that keeps on giving @zach915m & co. I've not thought about other headphones since Sep last year :)
Merry Christmas!

(And the link to the headphones in your signature is dead ... :relieved::))

Dec 25, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #4,264 of 12,524
To be completely transparent I do/did but I needed to reach 15 comments to post on the trading page. I'm more of a reader than a commenter so I wasn't sure how I'd organically get to that point.

From the VO, VC, auteur, 800s, pendant, vali, modi, bifrost nothing never seemed to truly resonate with me. Everything was good but not what I imagined hifi would be. Then I got the Utopia which completely blew me away. I haven't stopped using it since. Funny enough it seems to commonly be described as not a particularly good 'all-arounder.' But for me its been perfect for all music/listening. I think what it is is that I really don't like bass (I use the EQ bass reducer setting on my iphone). I have/will sell all my gear besides the chain of utopia-pass labs hpa-1-aqua la voce s3 (it's just that perfect for me). I'm intrigued by the Raal sr1a (because of how out there it seems) and will use the VC money on that if I pull the trigger.

But yeah it makes my earlier post seem weird/disingenuous but the VC is my last headphone left to sell. Considering I seem to not like warmth of any kind I guess it makes sense that there wasn't a fit. The reason I waited this long to sell is the personal touch/sentimental value it has in being unique to me. People seem to like the purple VO more but its the VC that was my favorite.

My above post would have been accurate before getting the Utopia (particularly post #4256). It's just that after buying/selling through so many options I finally see how high the bar can be set (for my personal preferences).

Finding the Utopia to be your end-game headphone is totally reasonable. Every time I get a chance to listen to the Utopia, I'm amazed by the level of detail it can extract, bringing out even subtle parts of a track. The only aspect I did not like is the narrow soundstage, even though the layering and instrument separation is still great. The SR1a probably fits in line with your sound preferences (ie. not bassy or warm without EQ), but it is very different mechanistically to all other headphones. It really does feel like two small speakers sitting next to your ears. I personally didn't enjoy the SR1a as much, partly because of the design, but many others have found it to be game-changing due to that same unique design. I think it's reasonable to test out the SR1a, but I feel like you'll still fall back to the Utopia!

Dec 25, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #4,265 of 12,524

Thanks for clarifying and I'm happy that you found the ideal headphone for you. :)

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:22 PM Post #4,266 of 12,524
Waiting impatiently for my Verite Closed. FedEx was supposed to deliver them on Wednesday...then Thursday...now they're sitting just outside of my city with a date of "pending." I was looking forward to spending Christmas listening to a lot of music!

Dec 25, 2020 at 3:38 PM Post #4,267 of 12,524
Maybe ZMF should do a “ZMF October or September” next year. That would give them more lead time to get sets out for the holidays. @zach915m Are you listening, lol? More of a wish from a grateful fan.

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #4,268 of 12,524
Simply too beautiful for words. Thank you so much @zach915m @BooUrns!! Let the burn in begin :)

ZMF LTD Verite Stabilized Maple 1.jpg
ZMF LTD Verite Stabilized Maple 2.jpg

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #4,269 of 12,524
Very, very nice!
what were the names on those?
It looks like the outline for a map of the world.
And that is b-stock? Looks like A+++ stock to me.

Dec 26, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #4,270 of 12,524
Dec 26, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #4,271 of 12,524
They are the Pangea set from the first run of LTD Stabilized Maple VCs. So you really called it with the map of the world as Pangea is of course the supercontinent of the Earth before it all split apart!

And as for what is powering them - just the RME ADI 2 at the moment. I am taking my time to figure out what makes the most sense for me and very open to suggestions.

GOTL obviously is a fan favorite, but the 1 year plus wait seems like an insurmountable hurdle, maybe not? Other top contenders based on comments on Head-Fi... DNA Stratus, ZMF Pendant, Feliks Euforia, SparkoS Aries

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020 at 3:32 PM Post #4,272 of 12,524
GOTL obviously is a fan favorite, but the 1 year plus wait seems like an insurmountable hurdle, maybe not?
Glenn had to move earlier in the year for a new job. His timeline for a new build has become quite long. You might message him to see where it stands.
In the meantime you may want to read thru this thread. Im hearing quite a few positive reports on this amp.
To be transparent, I have yet to hear one of his amps myself, though there is mutual interest for me to do a review of one of his creations.

Dec 26, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #4,274 of 12,524
Simply too beautiful for words. Thank you so much @zach915m @BooUrns!! Let the burn in begin :)

ZMF LTD Verite Stabilized Maple 1.jpgZMF LTD Verite Stabilized Maple 2.jpg

Wow nice! Great set-up - so clean!

While they don't look as awesome as the two tone sapwood salire you got - we do have a closeout on b stock salire's right now with plenty of Katalox.

https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/stock-headphones/products/salire-b-stock-rarities

I'm working on getting the rest of the first batch of Stabilized out this coming week. The second batch is slated to ship in January/February.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Dec 26, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #4,275 of 12,524
Thanks @zach915m for the Salire heads up.

I just ordered one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back