ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Dec 20, 2020 at 7:33 PM Post #4,246 of 12,524
4A23C9BA-B1AE-4E14-BC14-E09F4A7C2DE8.jpeg

In the house!

Dec 20, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #4,247 of 12,524
@Audioraider Did you happen to snag that ZDS on “The Bay”? I submitted quite a few offers for it over the last week or so but I never offered quite enough to tempt the seller.

Dec 21, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #4,248 of 12,524
@Audioraider Did you happen to snag that ZDS on “The Bay”? I submitted quite a few offers for it over the last week or so but I never offered quite enough to tempt the seller.
I did. I’m surprised it sat there for weeks. Worked out well because I needed to sell my solid state amps to pick it up.

Dec 21, 2020 at 4:43 PM Post #4,249 of 12,524
Dec 21, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #4,250 of 12,524
I did. I’m surprised it sat there for weeks. Worked out well because I needed to sell my solid state amps to pick it up.
I thought it might have been hidden from most people's searches because the title was so vague. It didn't even mention "Eddie Current" or "Zana Deux". I had every chance to buy it. I submitted the maximum number of offers allowed. I'm sure I'll regret letting it slip away. If you want to twist the knife in my heart, report back with how incredible it sounds with your VC.

Dec 21, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #4,251 of 12,524
I thought it might have been hidden from most people's searches because the title was so vague. It didn't even mention "Eddie Current" or "Zana Deux". I had every chance to buy it. I submitted the maximum number of offers allowed. I'm sure I'll regret letting it slip away. If you want to twist the knife in my heart, report back with how incredible it sounds with your VC.
LoL, yeah he had it listed under “amp lifier”
I will report back results but dont take it personally 😁 I replaced all of the tubes including the rectifiers last night so going to give it 100 hours before I make any judgments but it is clearly a VERY dynamic amplifier. I’m interested to do the shoot out between the ZDS and the mainline.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:14 PM Post #4,252 of 12,524
As someone who loves looking at images of other peoples ZMF's/overall set-up, I figured I'd throw mine out there too.

It's 'vintage white' stained camphor burl. As you can probably see from the pictures there's some green/cream color about it too. I sent Zach an image of a white electric guitar and this is what he came up. I think they look fantastic and seeing it go from picture to headphone makes for a definite personal touch.

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #4,253 of 12,524
As someone who loves looking at images of other peoples ZMF's/overall set-up, I figured I'd throw mine out there too.

It's 'vintage white' stained camphor burl. As you can probably see from the pictures there's some green/cream color about it too. I sent Zach an image of a white electric guitar and this is what he came up. I think they look fantastic and seeing it go from picture to headphone makes for a definite personal touch.

Would love to see some more close-ups of the grain on that purple VO as well! (As a side question, what makes the V3 branch so special to you?)

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #4,254 of 12,524
A pic of my whole set-up..I used to use the VC with the HPA-1 a bit but since I got Utopias its more or less been Utopia-HPA-1 and VC-BH crack

Attachments

• set-up.jpeg
    set-up.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #4,255 of 12,524
Looks totally vintage! Love it! Looks like it came straight out of the 1950s.

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #4,256 of 12,524
Would love to see some more close-ups of the grain on that purple VO as well! (As a side question, what makes the V3 branch so special to you?)
lol in undergrad anatomy we would play buzzer-beater type games in relation to the cranial nerves. I just liked the sound of it so I've been using it as my go-to username.

Looking through my pictures I never really took one more detailed than the above. I sold my VO and auteur to buy the HPA-1 and Aqua La Voce S3. The VC was far and away the one that resonated with me the most. It really feels like it occupies its own one headphone niche. I haven't experienced anything like it (granted I haven't tried very many closed backs).

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #4,257 of 12,524
lol in undergrad anatomy we would play buzzer-beater type games in relation to the cranial nerves. I just liked the sound of it so I've been using it as my go-to username.

Looking through my pictures I never really took one more detailed than the above. I sold my VO and auteur to buy the HPA-1 and Aqua La Voce S3. The VC was far and away the one that resonated with me the most. It really feels like it occupies its own one headphone niche. I haven't experienced anything like it (granted I haven't tried very many closed backs).
The BHC looks excellent too. Is that a metallic purple on the plate and bell?

Dec 24, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #4,258 of 12,524
Looks totally vintage! Love it! Looks like it came straight out of the 1950s.
If you're curious this is the reference image I sent Zach. The stain seemed to mix really well with the camphor burl.

Attachments

• SA160AH_STW_Body_Top.jpg
    SA160AH_STW_Body_Top.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 24, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #4,259 of 12,524
The BHC looks excellent too. Is that a metallic purple on the plate and bell?
It's a purple textured powder coat. The base is purple heart wood. Paul B over at bottlehead built it...it seemed like a fun DIY project but I couldn't swing these sorts of customizations. I bought boards of wood on ebay and he shaped it down to make the base. But yeah I love the look of it on my desk!

Dec 25, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #4,260 of 12,524

Quite surprised to see these in the classifieds almost at the same time as this post. Not so happy after all?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back