ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 11, 2020 at 5:15 AM Post #2,732 of 12,598
Do you think the VC can be used on the go easily like the T5P.2 ?

I personally wouldn't ever consider using the VC outside of my house unless I am taking them away on holiday where they just stay in the hotel/accommodation. The VCs are considerably heavier and move around more on the head than the T5p Gen 2 so I wouldn't trust them to not slip off whilst walking about or even just shift about, I have the Ironwood Ltd version so people with the softer wood versions might feel different.

Also, I got my T5p Gen 2 for about 400GBP new in a sale compared to 2400GBP for the VC at preorder price so it feels much higher risk taking them outside where they could be damaged. I know 400GBP isn't exactly cheap and cost is all relative but then I don't take my T5p Gen 2 out of the office at work either and use my Noble K10 CIEMs for travel as they are much more isolating and weather resistant.

May 11, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #2,735 of 12,598
Do you think it might be a significant sound difference with the actual standard version of the VC and your limited one.
As far as I am aware there is a difference but whether or not it is significant or preferable is hard to say as I haven't heard the standard version. I am sure someone might be able to help you with that though.

What kind of pads are you using with your VC ?
I am using either the Hybrid or Auteur depending on the mood.

May 11, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #2,737 of 12,598
hi, I use VC with Auidovalve Solaris which is very nice match by the way. I use stock XLR balanced cable. Do you guys sugggest me an upgrade cable ? The budget is around 300$.

ZMF MICHANIKÓS is a good choice. And if you want to pay a little more, hard to go wrong with the 2K Copper or Verite Silver.

May 12, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #2,738 of 12,598
Hey popping back in with another extraordinary album for the VC, Lucinda Williams, ”Good Souls Better Angels.” She brought her old Band back together with the guy who produced, ”Car Wheels on a Gravel Road, ” the high res version on Qobuz sounds incredible.

Catching up, I noticed lots of amp questions in the thread, I'm using a Woo WA5, a 300b based amp, and I haven't heard a better amp for ZMF Cans. I also have a Feliks Euforia that’s an excellent pairing.

May 12, 2020 at 4:15 PM Post #2,739 of 12,598
Woo Audio house sound and VC is very nice pair.
IMG_0387.jpeg

May 12, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #2,740 of 12,598
May 12, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #2,741 of 12,598
Been awhile...thought I'd share my current setup... my top 2 favorite headphones with my favorite 2 DACs and my favorite solid state currently :wink: things subject to change lol... Hope everyone is doing well!

2020421-8.jpg
Those are beautiful! And they also are my favorite headphones. Having gone through the AKG K1000 + First Watt F1, and the STAX SR009 + BHSE phase, I have found the best-ever sound in the Raal SR1a for (very) open, and the ZMF VCs for closed. For me these are the best ever.

May 12, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #2,742 of 12,598
I'll join the ”best heaphone, ” club as well, I've gone through the entire Grado Line, HD650-800, Clear-Utopia, Abyss, and Emperyian, and I find the combination of the VC and VO are all the headphone I need.

May 12, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #2,743 of 12,598
I can't believe I'm going to ask this... for those who have heard both, how do the highs, say 7-8K and up, compare between the VO and the VC? Specifically interested in the "and up" part of the frequency range.

May 12, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #2,744 of 12,598
enjoying the crap out of my pair of Verite C Ironwoods. I have had them in house for over a week and tried the universe pads first, while intriguing they give he fatigue and a headache after several hours. I think this has to do with their dynamic slam. That said they have a very visceral and tonally accurate sound that is addictive. The auteur pads are much better for longer listing in my book.I only have the solid pads and am considering hybrid pads or suedes.

I own the focal utopia and that is also a world class headphone but the Verite has really caught my fancy. I have a Headamp GS-X mini on the way so looking forward to that pairing.

May 12, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #2,745 of 12,598
I own the focal utopia and that is also a world class headphone but the Verite has really caught my fancy. I have a Headamp GS-X mini on the way so looking forward to that pairing.

Enjoy! The Mini is a really good amp. I do regular rotations and pair the VC with it quite often. I didn't get as good a sound from VC+mini as I did from VC+tube amp, but I recently swapped out the interconnects feeding the mini with some cardas golden presence xlr cables and I am loving it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back