ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
May 8, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #2,716 of 12,597
Get a tube amp! The A2 will make the Ether 2 sound muddy because of the high output impedance. Or a V200 or V281 from Violectric for solid state. They have a warm sound reminiscent of tube amps and sound great with almost any can on the market. If you can find a ZDT Jr that’s a great amp with ZMF cans for not a lot of dough. I’m going to be listing my ZMF Pendant amp for sale soon if you want a tube amp that will work with Ether 2’s and the VC (It has two jacks with 8 & 300 ohm impedance respectively), but it’s not cheap.

I think you confused my post with another? I don’t have the Ethers 😆 and for now I want to keep to SS as I don’t want to deal with tubes and the high heat output meaning I really have to make space for it.

Violectric is a great suggestion and something I had been considering, however their output impedance is also very low. I guess I should clarify that it’s not so much that I feel the need to upgrade the sound as it’s already fantastic, I’m just curious to see what effect driving them from an high impedance amp would have and what SS options are available.

Very much look forward to hearing the Pendant at Canjam as soon as this virus thing dies down! We’ll probably all be walking around like:

1588982636600.jpeg

May 8, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #2,717 of 12,597
Magnesium can't be anodized actually so all the magnesium chassis are painted.
The bare magnesium is so bad looking?
Maybe a set of magnesium gimbal+rod not painted could be interesting with certain color combos...

May 8, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #2,718 of 12,597
I think you confused my post with another? I don’t have the Ethers 😆 and for now I want to keep to SS as I don’t want to deal with tubes and the high heat output meaning I really have to make space for it.

Violectric is a great suggestion and something I had been considering, however their output impedance is also very low. I guess I should clarify that it’s not so much that I feel the need to upgrade the sound as it’s already fantastic, I’m just curious to see what effect driving them from an high impedance amp would have and what SS options are available.

Very much look forward to hearing the Pendant at Canjam as soon as this virus thing dies down! We’ll probably all be walking around like:

Ah yes that was @Steve Wilcox who asked about the Ethers 🤦🏽‍♂️
Besides the Beyerdynamic A series amps, I can’t really think of other solid state amps with output impedance even approaching 100ohms. First candidate I thought of was the Sennheiser HDVD820 but that’s at 16ohms (minimum).

May 10, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #2,720 of 12,597
Hi,
I have a Beyerdynamic T5p.2 which I love since almost 2 years, I am looking for an upgrade with a textured sound great soundstage and top 3D effect to obtain a great seperation between all instruments.
Do you think this VC can be the right choice to replace my T5p.2.
Thanks for your very precious help and advises according to this high potential investment.

May 10, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,721 of 12,597
Hi,
I have a Beyerdynamic T5p.2 which I love since almost 2 years, I am looking for an upgrade with a textured sound great soundstage and top 3D effect to obtain a great seperation between all instruments.
Thanks for your very precious help and advises according to this high potential investment.

The T5P is a closed back. Why not look into the Verite Open?

May 10, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #2,723 of 12,597
Thanks for your kind reply, but I want a closed back headphone, can you still help me ?
The VC is the best headphone ive ever heard for every genre I listen to,and im typically an open back user.
That being said,I havent heard that particular Beyer,so I cant comment on how they compare.
What amp would you be using with the VC?

May 10, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #2,727 of 12,597
I live in Switzerland, no ZMF dealers in the country and none I know to have a VC around...
If you’re in the market for a top class closed-back to my mind there is the Verité C and the Focal Stellia. Below that tier of phenomenal cans, the Aeon 2C is the best I’ve heard, but the Elegia is also quite good and the LCD-XC is a classic for a reason. I think it’ll be hard to find a one-to-one comparison of the Verité C to your Beyer’s so my suggestion would be to find comparisons of the best current closed back offerings and try to glean from those reviews what qualities most appeal to you and what headphone would pair best with your amp.

May 11, 2020 at 3:56 AM Post #2,729 of 12,597
Hi,

I own both the Verite Closed (home) and T5p Gen 2 (work) and can say without a doubt the VC has a more natural sound to my ears.

I do enjoy the Beyers but they have a bit of harshness in the top end that can be unpleasant on occasion whilst also being a bit bass light for my preference. By contrast the VC is never harsh and feels more fleshed out in the low end, it also has a more accurate sound stage so you can hear the location of instruments more easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back