ZMF Verite Closed-New Closed Back ZMF Flagship.
Apr 13, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #2,491 of 12,513
I'm now officially able to join the VC family! The Atticus, special as it is, must take a back seat to the almighty Verite Closed. What an unbelievable head-fi experience so far. While the Eikon and Atticus are beasts in certain areas, the VC is in beast mode throughout the entire frequency spectrum. It's the "one to rule them all" for sure. Probably the first thing to impress me right off the bat is the open-like headspace. And the sub-bass, wow! IMO, these are definitely worth the cost of entry. I'll take better pics a bit later. Also can't wait for my new Norne custom silver cable to arrive to further enhance the experience.

w3vWwpG.jpg
Lovely. Nice setup overall :wink: Congrats.

Apr 13, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #2,492 of 12,513
Welll been following this thread for at least 6 months since after getting my first ZMF headphone (Aeolus) off the classifieds. Im excited to say I just placed my order for a VC! I loved the Aeolus so much and needing a closed back, I was willing to buy new and support Zach! I have to say @zach915m has been patient and helpful with every question I had plus he's real easy to talk to. Now for the waiting game!

Apr 13, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #2,493 of 12,513
I'm now officially able to join the VC family! The Atticus, special as it is, must take a back seat to the almighty Verite Closed. What an unbelievable head-fi experience so far. While the Eikon and Atticus are beasts in certain areas, the VC is in beast mode throughout the entire frequency spectrum. It's the "one to rule them all" for sure. Probably the first thing to impress me right off the bat is the open-like headspace. And the sub-bass, wow! IMO, these are definitely worth the cost of entry. I'll take better pics a bit later. Also can't wait for my new Norne custom silver cable to arrive to further enhance the experience.

w3vWwpG.jpg
Awesome setup! The Norne looks awesome, I really need to get me one of those. Glad you're liking the VC. I have a similar situation going too with the VC and Atticus. I have to be honest though, I still can't put the VC over the Atticus in my heart. The VC does everything better from a technical standpoint, but when I just listen for fun, and not critically, I lose myself in the Atticus more than the VC. No slight to the VC, it's an incredible headphone as well. But the Atticus for my tastes just has something intangible that keeps me coming back to it regardless of it's deficiencies.

Apr 13, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #2,494 of 12,513

w3vWwpG.jpg
Verite Closed (yummy), (very nice) wooden Glenn OTL and a Draug 3 (wooden splitter!) to top it all...ok, I'm starting to be a little bit jealous :)

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:37 PM Post #2,495 of 12,513
Welll been following this thread for at least 6 months since after getting my first ZMF headphone (Aeolus) off the classifieds. Im excited to say I just placed my order for a VC! I loved the Aeolus so much and needing a closed back, I was willing to buy new and support Zach! I have to say @zach915m has been patient and helpful with every question I had plus he's real easy to talk to. Now for the waiting game!
Did Zach give you estimated timing? I already have a VO and I have 2 ZMF headphones on order, a sapele Aeolus and leopard wood VC that I ordered last Friday. I think I'll be getting my Aeolus within a couple of weeks (I see it moving up in the queue) but I'm guessing the VC will probably be several months. The recent pictures of the leopard wood VC and some informative PM exchanges with Wildcatsare1 and Bryceu about the VC sealed the deal for me.

Apr 13, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #2,496 of 12,513
Did Zach give you estimated timing? I already have a VO and I have 2 ZMF headphones on order, a sapele Aeolus and leopard wood VC that I ordered last Friday. I think I'll be getting my Aeolus within a couple of weeks (I see it moving up in the queue) but I'm guessing the VC will probably be several months. The recent pictures of the leopard wood VC and some informative PM exchanges with Wildcatsare1 and Bryceu about the VC sealed the deal for me.

I havent asked on an estimated timing yet. But waiting on queue for a GOTL, I'm sure waiting for a VC ain't too bad haha I'm considering actually selling my HD800s to fund for a VO but I'm gonna wait for the VC first. You'll sure love the Aeolus! I have to agree the recent pictures of the leopard wood also sold me. I knew I wanted the leopard wood but didnt know if I wanted a dark stain or not. I ended up choosing the dark stain!

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #2,497 of 12,513
I havent asked on an estimated timing yet. But waiting on queue for a GOTL, I'm sure waiting for a VC ain't too bad haha I'm considering actually selling my HD800s to fund for a VO but I'm gonna wait for the VC first. You'll sure love the Aeolus! I have to agree the recent pictures of the leopard wood also sold me. I knew I wanted the leopard wood but didnt know if I wanted a dark stain or not. I ended up choosing the dark stain!
I picked the dark stain too. I think it looks great!

Apr 13, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #2,498 of 12,513
gentleman, i need your help.
After tried some TOTL closed back (hd 820,focal stellia,denon 9200) i'm interested to this really beautiful headphone.
for who tried both zmf and denon 9200...what differences there are between these two?
And can i drive well the zmf with a sony wm1a? (for the 820 i hadn't any issue)

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #2,499 of 12,513
I've only heard the D9200 at a meet, for about 30 mins, so take this with a huge grain of salt. I found the D9200 to be on the brighter, dryer side overall, much like I find the HD800. I knew as soon as I listened to it, it would not be for me, as i prefer a warmer presentation. I do remember being impressed with it's resolution, though I would not say it can out-resolve the VC. The VC is noticeably warmer, with a more wet or liquid sound to it. Mids are more forward, with greater weight and slam. Subbass is much lower on the VC. Treble is similar to the D9200, from memory, but I think the VC's treble isn't as dry sounding. I think they might have similar amounts of treble, but given the fuller mids and bass, the VC doesn't present as brightly. And finally, the soundstage on the VC was noticeably more holographic and spacious. Overall I find the VC to be a superior headphone for my own tastes.

sorry, no experience with the sony.

Apr 13, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #2,500 of 12,513
I've only heard the D9200 at a meet, for about 30 mins, so take this with a huge grain of salt. I found the D9200 to be on the brighter, dryer side overall, much like I find the HD800. I knew as soon as I listened to it, it would not be for me, as i prefer a warmer presentation. I do remember being impressed with it's resolution, though I would not say it can out-resolve the VC. The VC is noticeably warmer, with a more wet or liquid sound to it. Mids are more forward, with greater weight and slam. Subbass is much lower on the VC. Treble is similar to the D9200, from memory, but I think the VC's treble isn't as dry sounding. I think they might have similar amounts of treble, but given the fuller mids and bass, the VC doesn't present as brightly. And finally, the soundstage on the VC was noticeably more holographic and spacious. Overall I find the VC to be a superior headphone for my own tastes.

sorry, no experience with the sony.
thanks sir for your help

Apr 13, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #2,501 of 12,513
I have to agree the recent pictures of the leopard wood also sold me.
Me three! They're beautiful with all the various woods I've seen pictured, but that Leopardwood & wine chassis is just something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back