ZMF Pendant by Ampsandsound; impressions, tube-rolling, and general discussions
May 5, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #2,161 of 2,619
Oh no! Haha did you lose that auction? That's a pretty good deal compared to other prices out there...
No. I didn’t want to run up the price as I knew at least one of you guys was bidding on it. I’ve got enough rare tubes anyway, so I’m not on the hunt myself.

May 5, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #2,162 of 2,619
No. I didn’t want to run up the price as I knew at least one of you guys was bidding on it. I’ve got enough rare tubes anyway, so I’m not on the hunt myself.
I’d like to know if someone here did actually get that pair. At this point I’m poor (just moved out of state) and won’t be getting any new tubes for a while, but it won’t stop me from living vicariously through the experience of others 😊

May 5, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #2,163 of 2,619
I’d like to know if someone here did actually get that pair. At this point I’m poor (just moved out of state) and won’t be getting any new tubes for a while, but it won’t stop me from living vicariously through the experience of others 😊
I’m sure if someone here won that auction we will hear about it soon enough

May 6, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #2,165 of 2,619
Speaking of which, looks like we got a G73-R red label for auction now too....

Edit: Okay, enough eBay surfing for impossibly rare tubes. Have a nice night, y'all!

Last edited:
May 6, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #2,166 of 2,619
Oh no! Haha did you lose that auction? That's a pretty good deal compared to other prices out there...
I was bidding on two of the three pairs that for auction. My funds were limited though. I bought an Olive wood AC and still need to pay for that. I didn’t win either auction 😕

May 6, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #2,167 of 2,619
I was bidding on two of the three pairs that for auction. My funds were limited though. I bought an Olive wood AC and still need to pay for that. I didn’t win either auction 😕
In the US Treasury debt auctions: if you win every bid, there’s something that you’re not doing right … 💸 💸

May 6, 2023 at 8:58 AM Post #2,168 of 2,619
May 7, 2023 at 9:34 PM Post #2,169 of 2,619
Anyone have any experience with Lorenz EL84s? I see a version with the slanted D getters, others with more traditional halo getters. Would love to know more about them in general and if they're any good.

May 11, 2023 at 2:54 PM Post #2,170 of 2,619
No opinions/experience with Lorenz? Interesting. Not sure why they caught my attention, maybe it's because they evidently fly pretty low, and structurally different than any other EL84 tube I've seen. The few pairs I've seen are $300+.

In other news, just got notified my G73R is finally stateside and incoming

sweet-cool.gif

May 11, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #2,171 of 2,619
No opinions/experience with Lorenz? Interesting. Not sure why they caught my attention, maybe it's because they evidently fly pretty low, and structurally different than any other EL84 tube I've seen. The few pairs I've seen are $300+.

In other news, just got notified my G73R is finally stateside and incoming

sweet-cool.gif
Same with mine!

Yeah I haven’t heard anything about the Lorenz. There is a wealth of undiscovered tubes out there though. The G73-R only recently became popular for example. You could be the Lorenz pioneer!

May 11, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #2,172 of 2,619
Same with mine!

Yeah I haven’t heard anything about the Lorenz. There is a wealth of undiscovered tubes out there though. The G73-R only recently became popular for example. You could be the Lorenz pioneer!
Learned a ton about tubes from this thread, albeit ones specific to the Pendant topology. Didn't realize the G73R was more or less a modern find. In the scheme of unicorn tubes, it's actually fairly reasonably priced compared to other tube types.

I am tempted by the Lorenz, though I have no idea why! Maybe because of its apparent rarity, and that its construction looks so cool. If I find a reasonably priced pair I'd probably bite.

May 12, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #2,173 of 2,619
She arrived early...
g73r.jpeg

Gotta say that was some fast shipping from Vietnam. Arrived in about a week to California.

Just popped it in and no real impressions yet except to say things are immediately promising. Nothing negative is jumping out, always a good sign. Soundstage seems to be bigger, very quiet and holy bass, Batman! Excited for this bad boy

Last edited:
May 12, 2023 at 5:52 PM Post #2,174 of 2,619
She arrived early...
g73r.jpeg
Gotta say that was some fast shipping from Vietnam. Arrived in about a week to California.

Just popped it in and no real impressions yet except to say things are immediately promising. Nothing negative is jumping out, always a good sign. Soundstage seems to be bigger, very quiet and holy bass, Batman! Excited for this bad boy
Ohhh red label! Mine comes today too…maybe mine will be a red as well.

May 12, 2023 at 5:58 PM Post #2,175 of 2,619
Ohhh red label! Mine comes today too…maybe mine will be a red as well.
Curious to know. Is your other one a black label? Would be cool to get your impressions if a red one comes.

But at this point, I'm not getting into the weeds with this tube. It's a G73-R, man! I'm cool with whatever the label color is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back