ZMF Ori (Omni) - Upcoming Semi Open Flagship
May 22, 2016 at 2:21 AM Post #1,336 of 2,544
Just a quick note to let everyone know that ZMF will be moving next week. Production will be halted for approximately 5 days for the move. Our new location is 3x the size and we will be able to produce headphones twice as fast. I'm very excited! The first batch will include a number of these Cocobolo omnis.

Hey Zach, just wondering if that means you'll be getting come Cocobolo cups in soon or that previous cocobolo orders are being fufilled in the new building?

May 24, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #1,338 of 2,544
I just placed an order this week for the Omni Cherry! Thanks everyone for your great comments in this thread.

At the moment I'm using the Bifrost and Asgard 2 as my amp/dac, but I noticed in one of the reviews that Zach recommends the JDS Labs Element as a great pairing with the Omni.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Omni on Bifrost/Asgard 2 against the Element? Would it be an upgrade (even though the Element is cheaper)?

May 24, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,339 of 2,544
  I just placed an order this week for the Omni Cherry! Thanks everyone for your great comments in this thread.

At the moment I'm using the Bifrost and Asgard 2 as my amp/dac, but I noticed in one of the reviews that Zach recommends the JDS Labs Element as a great pairing with the Omni.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the Omni on Bifrost/Asgard 2 against the Element? Would it be an upgrade (even though the Element is cheaper)?

It would probably be more of a side-grade if anything.  Different flavor.

May 25, 2016 at 2:45 PM Post #1,341 of 2,544
Thanks Stillhart. In that case maybe I should just save for an upgrade instead...

The element is a warmed sound, but I've heard the omnis on both and the Asgard 2 sounds a bit better. I would recommend Lyr 2 if you're looking for a warmer, more powerful sound that's a true step above. Zach used to have one with Mullards that was awesome.

May 25, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #1,344 of 2,544
  Does anybody know if there will be any ZMF headphones at THE Show Newport next week? I don't see ZMF on the exhibitor list.

Is Linear Tube Audio going to be there?  They have Omnis at their table...

May 25, 2016 at 6:27 PM Post #1,345 of 2,544
  Does anybody know if there will be any ZMF headphones at THE Show Newport next week? I don't see ZMF on the exhibitor list.

Is Linear Tube Audio going to be there?  They have Omnis at their table...

We are! And we will! Well, we'll have one beautiful wenge wood Omni that Zach makes for us. Wherever LTA has a headphone booth, you'll find an Omni to listen to.

Anticipating questions: we'll only have a single-ended cable, and we will, appropriately, only have our MicroZOTL2 to listen to them through. If you are very interested in the Omni and would like to try it on another amp in the headphone area, borrowing it from our table for a few minutes shouldn't be a problem. Just leave a leg or an ID or $1050 or something.   

May 25, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #1,346 of 2,544

We are! And we will! Well, we'll have one beautiful wenge wood Omni that Zach makes for us. Wherever LTA has a headphone booth, you'll find an Omni to listen to.

Anticipating questions: we'll only have a single-ended cable, and we will, appropriately, only have our MicroZOTL2 to listen to them through. If you are very interested in the Omni and would like to try it on another amp in the headphone area, borrowing it from our table for a few minutes shouldn't be a problem. Just leave a leg or an ID or $1050 or something.   

Omni + Zotl / LPS + Musette was one of my favorite setups at Socal a few months back.  I definitely recommend people give this setup a listen if they are in attendance!

May 25, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #1,347 of 2,544
Hey guys, I am currently using the walnut omni and still loving it. I am in need of a portable over ear close headphone. I was wondering if anyone have any recommendations. I am looking for whatever is the closest to the omni sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back