ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Oct 20, 2023 at 5:51 PM Post #31 of 2,411
This is a good question! The headphones that are shown in the collections that are on the website now, Verite Closed and Auteur Classic resin & stabilized have a couple of units that are b-stock listed. These collections, in totality will go live tonight, even the couple of b-stock units.

The B-stock sale is really a main event releasing a smorgasbord of wood types and models with the focus of collections being B-stock.

TLDR: a couple of b-stock units exist in what’s going up tonight.
Of the B stock VCs going live tonight, is the main reason they are b-stock because the left and right cups are very different from each other? Or is there another reason they are b-stock? Also, are the drivers/rods/gimbals/yokes/head straps/ear pads in these b-stock VCs all b-stock also?

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #32 of 2,411
This is a good question! The headphones that are shown in the collections that are on the website now, Verite Closed and Auteur Classic resin & stabilized have a couple of units that are b-stock listed. These collections, in totality will go live tonight, even the couple of b-stock units.

The B-stock sale is really a main event releasing a smorgasbord of wood types and models with the focus of collections being B-stock.

TLDR: a couple of b-stock units exist in what’s going up tonight.
Thanks!

What is the price for the B-stock VCs? $2299?

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:14 PM Post #33 of 2,411
Thanks!

What is the price for the B-stock VCs? $2299?
The 8 B-stock VCs for tonight are all priced $2,299.

Actually, make that 7, because one of them will be mine! :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #35 of 2,411
I'm debating it, but WaveTheory's review of the stabilized VC, which is the only review of the stabilized VC I can find, is making me very hesitant....
It depends on what your expectations are, I guess. His complaints are shouty 1-1.5kHz and lack of sound stage, from scrubbing his 30-min review video. Given that for my ears, I have to EQ +1-3dB at that exact range on nearly every ZMF headphone, I think I'll personally love it. And it's a closed back, so I'm not averse to the lack of sound stage anyways – there's only so much you're going to get, even at the $4k tier.

For me, it'll be a complementing piece to my collection, for when I'm wanting to sit next to my wife on the couch – so she doesn't have to listen to my sound leakage from my Atrium/Calderas. And I'm sure this good looking VC I'm eyeing will serve those needs perfectly! *crosses fingers!*

Oct 20, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #36 of 2,411
It depends on what your expectations are, I guess. His complaints are shouty 1-1.5kHz and lack of sound stage, from scrubbing his 30-min review video. Given that for my ears, I have to EQ +1-3dB at that exact range on nearly every ZMF headphone, I think I'll personally love it. And it's a closed back, so I'm not averse to the lack of sound stage anyways – there's only so much you're going to get, even at the $4k tier.

For me, it'll be a complementing piece to my collection, for when I'm wanting to sit next to my wife on the couch – so she doesn't have to listen to my sound leakage from my Atrium/Calderas. And I'm sure this good looking VC I'm eyeing will serve those needs perfectly! *crosses fingers!*
My concern is why his review is so different from the review of the ironwood VCs by ConvinceMeAudio and Z. They think the ironwood VC is the best closeback they have ever heard. They are hearing excellent base and mids. WaveTheory doesn't like it because he hears thinned out base and lower mids, which makes that upper mid peak more noticeable. I don't see how these could be so different, when they should both sound the same. I wonder if the resin itself isn't causing the difference, since that is the only difference between them. It shouldn't be causing a difference, but I'm not sure what else the cause could be.

Maybe you will buy the one I am considering, and my conundrum will be solved lol.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #37 of 2,411
I'm debating it, but WaveTheory's review of the stabilized VC, which is the only review of the stabilized VC I can find, is making me very hesitant....

As always it's best to hear it yourself, audio is super subjective and we hear differently. I can't remember what pad he used but after listening to the VC for quite a while I can't hear any of the complaints he mentioned. I find the mid-range really rich and smooth, and probably why I will buy it next.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 7:03 PM Post #38 of 2,411
Hurray, I think I got my choice (VC Rhodes) that loosely resembles the styling of my wife's Atrium! Hope to hear it soon!
VeriteClosed_StabilizedShopify13_1024x1024@2x.jpg

11937071.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #39 of 2,411
Just ordered this Beauty. Couldn't help myself. Can't wait to get it!

Attachments

• IMG_8389.jpeg
    IMG_8389.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #40 of 2,411
Debating this bad boy

1697844014272.png

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:24 PM Post #41 of 2,411
Debating this bad boy
Thats one of my favorites from this years batch. I'm more into natural looking wood so a lot of the resin sets aren't my thing but the stabilized maple without resin sets are gorgeous.

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:30 PM Post #42 of 2,411
Congrats to @zach915m and the ZMF team on another crazy year for new drops and product announcements. ZMF November used to just be one weekend and now it's three months. Hoping I can sell my Diana V2 in time for next week's Caldera drop so I can join in on the fun.

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #43 of 2,411
Congrats to @zach915m and the ZMF team on another crazy year for new drops and product announcements. ZMF November used to just be one weekend and now it's three months. Hoping I can sell my Diana V2 in time for next week's Caldera drop so I can join in on the fun.
I hope you are able to!
Caldera is a great headphone!

Oct 20, 2023 at 7:36 PM Post #45 of 2,411
My concern is why his review is so different from the review of the ironwood VCs by ConvinceMeAudio and Z. They think the ironwood VC is the best closeback they have ever heard. They are hearing excellent base and mids. WaveTheory doesn't like it because he hears thinned out base and lower mids, which makes that upper mid peak more noticeable. I don't see how these could be so different, when they should both sound the same. I wonder if the resin itself isn't causing the difference, since that is the only difference between them. It shouldn't be causing a difference, but I'm not sure what else the cause could be.

Maybe you will buy the one I am considering, and my conundrum will be solved lol.

As always it's best to hear it yourself, audio is super subjective and we hear differently. I can't remember what pad he used but after listening to the VC for quite a while I can't hear any of the complaints he mentioned. I find the mid-range really rich and smooth, and probably why I will buy it next.
This is Zach BTW bevin signed into my computer! :L3000:

Wave-Theory reached out to me, mentioning that he had acquired two sets of Verite Closed headphones, and he thought they sounded different even though he didn't have them both on hand (one was from his auditory memory of months earlier). He was curious about the reasons for these differences, as he had received them from his patrons and other sources. I offered to inspect the Blackwood version he had to ensure it met our specifications because our headphones in the used market can go through various hands, be opened, and sometimes modified. I believe it's essential for reviewers to have a representative example when making a public statement about a headphone.

However, for some reason, Wave-Theory decided that this wasn't necessary. He trusted his own auditory memory, which was based on experiences from months earlier when reviewing another set of Verite Closed headphones, even though he didn't have them in hand to make a direct comparison.

I'm always available to assist reviewers in ensuring they have accurate representations of our headphones to provide their impressions, whether positive or negative, that align with our target specifications. Review culture in the audio world is currently a bit like the "wild west" with reviewers earning money from various sources, working with headphone retailers, collaborating with manufacturers, using affiliate links, and even developing their headphones. This can sometimes lead to implicit biases, which can be challenging to navigate.

This isn't to say there aren't excellent headphone reviewers, or that everyone will necessarily love the Verite Closed. However, it emphasizes the importance of experiencing our products firsthand and drawing conclusions from reviewers with solid methods of acquiring and testing gear whom you trust.

Overall, this hobby is incredibly enjoyable, and I genuinely love interacting and collaborating with others who share the same passion for it as I do and want to foster positive relationships!

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back