ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #1,261 of 2,414
Vesuvius ? Pompei ? 😳
Krakatoa, Pinatubo... I agree, lots of good names for a volcanic series.
Alaska has a lot of interesting names for all their volcanoes. I'm liking "Novarupta" as a name for my Caldera when it arrives.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2023 at 5:49 PM Post #1,262 of 2,414
While visiting Tokyo recently I came across this yakitori shop in Akihabara. Their logo reminds me of another logo that we all know and love:
Tokyo Logo.jpg

Nov 26, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #1,265 of 2,414
Just got my B-stock pads, and WOW the Auteur Suede perforated pads sound incredible on my Verite Open. Massive improvement over the stock leather universe pads I had installed.

Any other pads people recommend I pick up for the VC, AO, AC, or Caldera?

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #1,266 of 2,414
Just got my B-stock pads, and WOW the Auteur Suede perforated pads sound incredible on my Verite Open. Massive improvement over the stock leather universe pads I had installed.

I go all suede on every set I have. To my ears, it's better.

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:26 PM Post #1,267 of 2,414

So far, the Be2 perf lamb is my favorite. The Caldera lamb ultra-perf is also excellent, but trades extra spaciousness for a loss of bass weight.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #1,268 of 2,414

I'm another all suede person, for the VC I go between Auteur & Universe and rarely BE-2. For AO it's Universe or Auteur, for AC & Caldera it's the Caldera suede. For VO usually the universe, rarely the BE-2, and the Caldera for some real change.

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #1,270 of 2,414
I go all suede on every set I have. To my ears, it's better.
I'm a suede fan on the auteur, atticus, and eikon. For the aeolus I prefer the stock universe, and for Caldera I'm still torn. Those thick pads were very comfy....

Nov 26, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #1,271 of 2,414
I'm a suede fan on the auteur, atticus, and eikon. For the aeolus I prefer the stock universe, and for Caldera I'm still torn. Those thick pads were very comfy....
I use Auteur suede on VC, VO, AO, AuC, Atticus, and Aeolus.

I use Caldera suede, and Atrium closed suede.

Haven't heard the Eikon yet. But I have been looking at sets. How ya liking it? What does it compare to?

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #1,274 of 2,414
I haven’t done any pad rolling with the VO yet, just suede Uni so far. That’s my favorite pad with the Aeolus After I get them broken in a little I plan on trying a few others I have. I don’t see much about hybrid pads. Are those lamb with a suede face? So they probably sound closer to lamb than suede?

Nov 27, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #1,275 of 2,414
@cats4cans
I am using hybrid perforated Auteur pads on my Aeolus, that makes them very warm with a sweetness in the mids as I would describe it poorly.
I tried them with almost all other pads too (also all the hybrids) and the Universe Suede sound very good on them, much brighter and probably more detailed in contrast.
With the Caldera (stock pads) and Atrium (stock Universe pads) around I was looking for a different signature though, as the Atrium kinda do what Aeolus do with the Universe Suede but better.
So now I have the Caldera with all the detail, energy and insane subwoofer like bass (with bass shelf), the Atrium for a different more chill presentation and the Aeolus if I really want it warm and laid back. My pad preferences have changed before though, so let's see where the journey takes me :D

I would have loved to try the Aeolus pads but unfortunately it looks like they aren't getting sold anymore.

Only my Verite get a lot less time as they deserve now :frowning2:

edit: dunno how to quote a post with the edit function

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back