ZMF November // 2023 // MEGATHREAD!
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #151 of 2,414
OKOK here's some pics! I had a really fun shoot with these. They just love the light! Anyways - will have the product page up tomorrow.

_DSC0721.jpg_DSC0735.jpg_DSC0743.jpg_DSC0767.jpg_DSC0777.jpg_DSC0794.jpg_DSC0820.jpg_DSC0829.jpg_DSC0915.jpg
Woof- those are gorgeous, Zach! Not just the headphones, but the lighting and photography is great too. Well done!
🔥❤️:o2smile:❤️🔥

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #153 of 2,414
OKOK here's some pics! I had a really fun shoot with these. They just love the light! Anyways - will have the product page up tomorrow.

@zach915m Looking amazing... in terms of availability (the Ltd Atrium Closed) are we talking enough stock to last hours, days or weeks? Really torn between the natural and purple close grain versions. Stunning.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #154 of 2,414
I've read some reviews on the zmf vc and I'm interested in it because I don't have a closed back. Just curious what other people have to say about it. How does it compete with hd800s, lcdx, susvara, ab 1266 phi tc?
It will have more detail and weight to the notes than hd800s, it will be much faster and have far less stage. Doesnt really compete with susvara or abyss.
Verite is a fast organic sounding dynamic driver headphone with very unique tuning. I adore VO tuning its still my favourite headphone when it comes to vocals, blue gras, indie rock and chamber jazz. I havent heard VC but its said that the tuning is rather similar, it has smaller stage but comes with its own strengths. Technicalities-wise expect it to be sligthly less revealing than a Utopia, but much more natural in its presentation and arguably far better tuned.

If you want a closed headphone with technicalities close to Susvara and Abyss you may want to wait for Caldera Closed whenever it comes.
Atrium Closed might be worth a look too if you are into powerful subbass, weight to the notes and want to experience some great organic dynamic driver presentation, just dont expect it to be on anywhere close to Susvara when it comes to detail retrieval and stage.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #155 of 2,414
It will have more detail and weight to the notes than hd800s, it will be much faster and have far less stage. Doesnt really compete with susvara or abyss.
Verite is a fast organic sounding dynamic driver headphone with very unique tuning. I adore VO tuning its still my favourite headphone when it comes to vocals, blue gras, indie rock and chamber jazz. I havent heard VC but its said that the tuning is rather similar, it has smaller stage but comes with its own strengths. Technicalities-wise expect it to be sligthly less revealing than a Utopia, but much more natural in its presentation and arguably far better tuned.

If you want a closed headphone with technicalities close to Susvara and Abyss you may want to wait for Caldera Closed whenever it comes.
Atrium Closed might be worth a look too if you are into powerful subbass, weight to the notes and want to experience some great organic dynamic driver presentation, just dont expect it to be on anywhere close to Susvara when it comes to detail retrieval and stage.
Unlike my many of my fellow head-fiers, I lack any technical knowledge but I own VO and VC. The VC is a closed back that sounds “open” in comparison to the VO. It is kind of remarkable. When I want to isolate the sound (and myself), I listen to the VC. It is an amazing sound for a closed back. I have eclectic taste music; i.e., classical, jazz, vocal jazz, classic rock, Alternative R&B and a little Country/Bluegrass (very little). They all sound good on the VC (and VO). I hope this is helpful. What sounds good to any of us is subjective, so in the end, hearing is believing.

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:07 AM Post #156 of 2,414
@zach915m Looking amazing... in terms of availability (the Ltd Atrium Closed) are we talking enough stock to last hours, days or weeks? Really torn between the natural and purple close grain versions. Stunning.
Probably more like minutes once the store goes live. These usually sell out immediately.

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #157 of 2,414
Unlike my many of my fellow head-fiers, I lack any technical knowledge but I own VO and VC. The VC is a closed back that sounds “open” in comparison to the VO. It is kind of remarkable. When I want to isolate the sound (and myself), I listen to the VC. It is an amazing sound for a closed back. I have eclectic taste music; i.e., classical, jazz, vocal jazz, classic rock, Alternative R&B and a little Country/Bluegrass (very little). They all sound good on the VC (and VO). I hope this is helpful. What sounds good to any of us is subjective, so in the end, hearing is believing.
Curious to hear more thoughts regarding differences between VC and VO. Currently deciding if I get a VC or an Atrium Open next... maybe this sale. From what I read VC is slightly more bass punchy than VO but the stage is smaller, which is expected from a closed back, other than this the overall sound profile is supposed to be very similar. Reading for the first time that VC sounds more "open" than VO.

Oct 24, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #158 of 2,414

_DSC0721.jpg_DSC0735.jpg_DSC0743.jpg_DSC0767.jpg_DSC0777.jpg_DSC0794.jpg_DSC0820.jpg_DSC0829.jpg_DSC0915.jpg
Wow. Those look amazing. So hard to decide now. Grab these come Friday or wait till Nov 17 for B-Stock

Oct 24, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #160 of 2,414
I didn't realize until now that ZMF is based outside Chicago. I'm in the area too! Do you guys ever do tours or anything like that?

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #161 of 2,414
Wow, my ZMF November order shipped already – in October! :o2smile:
Really excited to hear my first VC. Thanks, ZMF team!

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #162 of 2,414
Reeeaally dig the Ash ACs but unfortunately I am tapped out for this year. I have no doubts Zach & co. will have some equally amazing AC options next year :fingers_crossed:

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #163 of 2,414
Curious to hear more thoughts regarding differences between VC and VO. Currently deciding if I get a VC or an Atrium Open next... maybe this sale. From what I read VC is slightly more bass punchy than VO but the stage is smaller, which is expected from a closed back, other than this the overall sound profile is supposed to be very similar. Reading for the first time that VC sounds more "open" than VO.
Here's a write-up I did a few years ago:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/zmf-verite-closed-new-closed-back-zmf-flagship.911505/post-15402214

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #164 of 2,414

Profile is very similar. VC has a bit more punch. VO is super open. If I want super soundstage then I reach for VO. If I want to zone out I reach for VC.

AC is also a great option. Not as crazy detailed as VC but has more punch. Damping on AC is better in my opinion.

Caldera is like a mix of all with a extra layer of realism and punch mixed in. IMO their best headphone overall, but it does have slight weaknesses in mega detail and bass accuracy. But I am splitting hairs.

All are great, it just depends what you are going for. Can't really go wrong.

Amps and wood choice can also change how they sound. Also, source quality matters (duh)

Tubes and ZMF are :heart_eyes:

Clarity and Soundstage -- insert horizontal graph here -- Slam and Power

VC - VO - AO - AC - Caldera

Again, splitting hairs, as they all do well, but that may help you. Others may have different findings.

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #165 of 2,414
Profile is very similar. VC has a bit more punch. VO is super open. If I want super soundstage then I reach for VO. If I want to zone out I reach for VC.

AC is also a great option. Not as crazy detailed as VC but has more punch. Damping on AC is better in my opinion.

Caldera is like a mix of all with a extra layer of realism and punch mixed in. IMO their best headphone overall, but it does have slight weaknesses in mega detail and bass accuracy. But I am splitting hairs.

All are great, it just depends what you are going for. Can't really go wrong.

Amps and wood choice can also change how they sound. Also, source quality matters (duh)

Tubes and ZMF are :heart_eyes:

Clarity and Soundstage -- insert horizontal graph here -- Slam and Power

VC - VO - AO - AC - Caldera

Again, splitting hairs, as they all do well, but that may help you. Others may have different findings.
Hah yeah, already have 3 of the flagships in daily rotation. I find detail retrieval and clarity of Caldera the best, which is to be honest expected considering its a planar. Currently its either VC or AO for me, tough call..or maybe wait for the BOKEH stabilized? Choices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back