ZMF HOT CUP SUMMER PT II: Labor Day Edition
Sep 8, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #136 of 151
I really want a VO or VC from this set, but the money doesn't work out right now. I have to sell my current Silkwood VO first.

Congrats to anyone getting some fantastic looking headphones on this run! I'll be aiming for November myself đź‘Ť.

Sep 8, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #137 of 151
Congrats! Definitely stoked on my Lexicons and it's really cool to see other people inspired by a completely different look.
Yeah agreed! I’m really into the more “natural” wood colors but with a lot of “rare” features (burl, spalting, flame, etc.), which I find Fika to be the only one matching in the current drop. I've previously considering buying camphor burl sets, but never pulled the trigger. Glad I didn't as I think these are even more beautiful and special!
With that said, I'm really starting to appreciate the resin or colored sets for their uniqueness, "depth" and almost supernaturalism. It's lucky we prefer different things, otherwise we'd all want the same set or Zach would have to create more similar sets making them less unique :wink:

Side note: This will be my first pair of ZMF too, so we'll both have some of an experience to look forward to!
Realised I never posted a picture of Fika, so for reference:

Attachments

• Fika.png
    Fika.png
    962 KB · Views: 0
Sep 8, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #138 of 151
Yeah agreed! I’m really into the more “natural” wood colors but with a lot of “rare” features (burl, spalting, flame, etc.), which I find Fika to be the only one matching in the current drop. I've previously considering buying camphor burl sets, but never pulled the trigger. Glad I didn't as I think these are even more beautiful and special!
With that said, I'm really starting to appreciate the resin or colored sets for their uniqueness, "depth" and almost supernaturalism. It's lucky we prefer different things, otherwise we'd all want the same set or Zach would have to create more similar sets making them less unique :wink:

Side note: This will be my first pair of ZMF too, so we'll both have some of an experience to look forward to!
Dang that's gorgeous! Congrats!

Sep 8, 2022 at 11:28 PM Post #139 of 151

Ha! Indeed. Stoked for you too. If you find some things that pair well with it, post and tag me!

Sep 9, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #140 of 151
Omg, what have I done? Seeing the preview of Fika this friday, I haven't been able to get them out of my mind all weekend. Went to sleep last night thinking they would finally be gone this morning, but NO!? After another few hours of fighting inner demons, I finally gave in. These are the most beautiful wood I've ever seen - I can't wait to see them in person
Congrats, great choice! I too was surprised that Fika stuck around as long as it did - they are drop-dead gorgeous. I was tempted a few times to get them, but I convinced myself to stick to my original plan and hold out until at least November, as I want to see if the Atrium Closed will be ready. I will finally pick up a VC if no Atrium Closed by November. But Fika was REALLY tempting - it was my favorite of all the VCs on Hot Cup Summer II.

Sep 9, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #141 of 151

Now that's beautiful!

Sep 12, 2022 at 2:54 PM Post #143 of 151
Congrats, great choice! I too was surprised that Fika stuck around as long as it did - they are drop-dead gorgeous. I was tempted a few times to get them, but I convinced myself to stick to my original plan and hold out until at least November, as I want to see if the Atrium Closed will be ready. I will finally pick up a VC if no Atrium Closed by November. But Fika was REALLY tempting - it was my favorite of all the VCs on Hot Cup Summer II.
Atrium Closed is next year along with Caldera Closed and the sub $1000 headphone that Zach is releasing.

Sep 12, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #144 of 151
Any update please ? :)
Hey All-

We are shipping accessories daily and should be through b-stock pad orders by the end of the week. If you ordered a wood case, these are fabric lined and lasered here at ZMF. Our crew is cutting fabric and lining the foam inserts with care; so they do have a little bit of production time associated with them. That said-- we have most cases lined and they are on to the laser. They should begin shipping end of this week and continue shipping the week following where I would imagine we will have them all sent out.

Thanks so much for your patience. We are working hard to produce, QC, pack and ship and want to make sure your end experience is just right!

As always--- reach out to us via email support@zmfheadphones.com for any specific questions/further detail. :L3000:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #146 of 151
Sep 19, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #147 of 151
Oct 4, 2022 at 1:19 PM Post #148 of 151
Lexicon w/ copper cable came in. Loving the look and sound! Already tagged Zach and Bevin in the VC thread, but thanks again! Your kindness and the headphones are very much appreciated.
IMG_8584.jpg
IMG_8587.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #149 of 151
Also Focal substitution pads will be up shortly, working on a video for those that will be out this week showing measurements and all that as well.
Was on the ZMF website to order some Senns pads and saw Focal pads are listed now. Hadn't seen mention of that before.
Did the video mentioned come out?
Anyone tried on Stellia?

Oct 5, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #150 of 151
Was on the ZMF website to order some Senns pads and saw Focal pads are listed now. Hadn't seen mention of that before.
Did the video mentioned come out?
Anyone tried on Stellia?
Shooting the video on these today. Other exciting pad stuff coming soon too.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back