ZMF HD6xx+ and Beyer+ Sub Pads - Now available!
Oct 25, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #121 of 146
My suede pads for my HD6XX arrive tomorrow - can't wait to use them.

Oct 28, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #122 of 146
What is the orientation for the suede pads? Does the stitching go to the front? I find that to be a better identifier than thin or thick as I'm a bad judge of that.

Oct 29, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #123 of 146
I have been pad swapping lately on my Beyerdynamic T1 g2, I have tried some perf leather from other makers, and only like suede or velour. I'm really curious how the zmf pads can be, just that leather and perf leather sounds to intense and alter the sound too much in t1.

From my ZMF headphones the pads has been perfect in feel and quality. I wish it was possible to get something like the universe suede pad in Beyer size, should be the right depth, only the diameter is to big.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #124 of 146
I have been pad swapping lately on my Beyerdynamic T1 g2, I have tried some perf leather from other makers, and only like suede or velour. I'm really curious how the zmf pads can be, just that leather and perf leather sounds to intense and alter the sound too much in t1.

From my ZMF headphones the pads has been perfect in feel and quality. I wish it was possible to get something like the universe suede pad in Beyer size, should be the right depth, only the diameter is to big.
I've got the ZMF Beyer pads. Hopefully I'll get to them in December and do a write up on them.

What is the orientation for the suede pads? Does the stitching go to the front? I find that to be a better identifier than thin or thick as I'm a bad judge of that.
The seam goes towards the back. I had to double check that as it's the opposite of most ZMF pads.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #125 of 146
The seam goes towards the back. I had to double check that as it's the opposite of most ZMF pads.
Thanks! I was thinking it was that way too and was questioning it because like you said it's opposite of the pads on ZMF headphones.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 11:07 PM Post #126 of 146
Jan 18, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #127 of 146
I purchased the perf suede pads for my HD600 and they are fantastic and highly recommended. The mids are still retained and I hear a bit more clarity, the soundstage and the instrument separation is even better. I want to try a pair for my DT880 600ohm but not sure which would be best.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #128 of 146
I purchased the perf suede pads for my HD600 and they are fantastic and highly recommended. The mids are still retained and I hear a bit more clarity, the soundstage and the instrument separation is even better. I want to try a pair for my DT880 600ohm but not sure which would be best.
Get the lamb perfs if you want a more forward, open, and detailed tuning. Suede if you want a warmer and smoother sound dig. I have them for my Beyers (DT770 600ohm) and my Grados. ZMF pads are win.

Jan 18, 2023 at 10:06 PM Post #129 of 146
Get the lamb perfs if you want a more forward, open, and detailed tuning. Suede if you want a warmer and smoother sound dig. I have them for my Beyers (DT770 600ohm) and my Grados. ZMF pads are win.
Would you say the suede will tame the highs and add a touch to the bass?

Jan 23, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #131 of 146
Beyer+ Sub Pads are perfect upgrade for my Sony. Great job!

sa5k 1.jpeg

sa5k2.jpeg

Feb 14, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #132 of 146
do you have measurements for beyer sub suede perf vs stock 990 pads?

Feb 14, 2023 at 7:04 PM Post #133 of 146
I would say ZMF pads are fun.

I prefer my Grados with the normal pad, but I do like the headphone they become with ZMF pads.

Just not as good, imo.

May 2, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #134 of 146
Got a pair of solid leather HD6xx ZMF pads in tonight, and my goodness, my HD650 are now bass cannons. I have to turn off my Lokius EQ which usually has a decent bass boost for my Susvaras. FWIW, I also have the Custom Can copper mass loading mod and Malvix Fibonacci open grilles installed. Didn't expect the solid pads to make that much of a difference, but I'm enjoying it!

May 22, 2023 at 8:39 AM Post #135 of 146
Zach, please make your own pads for Hifiman headphones, the piercing treble is a problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back