ZMF Caldera Closed
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:31 PM Post #181 of 350
DHL just delivered the Aegis, Bokeh and Caldera Closed... :wink:
Very interested in a Bokeh > AC > CC comparison that qualifies what the differences are and what exactly you’re getting as you’re climbing that $ ladder…

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #182 of 350
Very interested in a Bokeh > AC > CC comparison that qualifies what the differences are and what exactly you’re getting as you’re climbing that $ ladder…
I have the Bokeh and the AC.

Obviously on technicalities the AC will win.

The Bokeh is the warmer, slightly bassier and fun sound.

Bokeh is you at 12 years old bouncing on the trampoline with your dog. The AC is your adult fun, going out wine testing with your friends and taking in all the different flavors.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #183 of 350
I have the Bokeh and the AC.

Obviously on technicalities the AC will win.

The Bokeh is the warmer, slightly bassier and fun sound.

Bokeh is you at 12 years old bouncing on the trampoline with your dog. The AC is your adult fun, going out wine testing with your friends and taking in all the different flavors.
Thanks! While that might very well be worth 1K, I'm curious where the additional 1K(?) for the CC will take you... :wink:

When (extensively) testing the E3 vs the Stealth, I did hear the difference, but wholeheartedly decided on the E3. Of course, as I mature, I might outgrow the E3 as well as the Bokeh... but, man, is it fun being on that trampoline!

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #184 of 350
Thanks! While that might very well be worth 1K, I'm curious where the additional 1K(?) for the CC will take you... :wink:

When (extensively) testing the E3 vs the Stealth, I did hear the difference, but wholeheartedly decided on the E3. Of course, as I mature, I might outgrow the E3 as well as the Bokeh... but, man, is it fun being on that trampoline!

As a very biased listener in this case, I think the AC and CC are quite different, just as the AO and CO are. The CC is really designed to have the lineage of the Caldera line and sounds like it's sibling.

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:34 PM Post #185 of 350
As a very biased listener in this case, I think the AC and CC are quite different, just as the AO and CO are. The CC is really designed to have the lineage of the Caldera line and sounds like it's sibling.
Can you comment on the main differences between the atrium vs. caldera sound signature in this case? I'm also really curious about how the AC vs. CC is

Apr 9, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #186 of 350
Apr 9, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #187 of 350
Can you comment on the main differences between the atrium vs. caldera sound signature in this case? I'm also really curious about how the AC vs. CC is

There's definitely an element of personal impression when it comes to listening. Not every user will perceive things the same way. With that caveat, I find the Atrium warmer in general and the Caldera a bit more precise (but far from clinical sounding). As many users have commented, the Atrium Closed has quite a bit of slam, and I don't view the bass presentation of the Caldera Closed to be identical. Much of that is just the fundamental presentation difference between planar and moving coil drivers. I think many will enjoy the technicalities of the CC, but it's always difficult to guess exactly what somebody will prefer. So much of it boils down to variables such as: amp used, pad choice, etc.

Ultimately, I think both models will have their fans. May I ask, have you heard the Atrium Open and the Caldera Open? If so, how did you perceive the difference between the models? I think you will find the Caldera Closed to sound much more like the Caldera Open than either of the Atrium models.

That's my 2 cents. Others may hear it differently.

Apr 16, 2024 at 5:23 AM Post #189 of 350
@zach915m I see headphone.shop is going to exhibit for ZMF at Munich High End, or are you gonna be there?
Will there be a Caldera Closed to audit?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #190 of 350
Just a peek, for now...

PXL_20240419_161650036~2.jpg

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #191 of 350
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:11 PM Post #193 of 350
Here I was sad that a busy work day kept me from snagging one of those unbelievably gorgeous stabilized Atrium Open sets today but then I got an email which turned that frown upside down:

Capture.JPG
FedEx has a goodie on the way for me too :)
IMG_3342.jpeg

Apr 19, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #194 of 350

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back