ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:55 PM Post #2,146 of 2,348
Just got these today. Had a good 2 hour session with them so far, very impressed with them.
When did you order your Bokeh? I ordered the same when the drop released last Friday for 200 units. I’m not expecting it until at least another month.

The lighter version of your Bokeh is pretty. I like the contrast with the grain. I waver between the light and dark version of the natural black limba. I didn’t request a specific version when I ordered (not that it’s guaranteed). I’ll just let ZMF surprise me.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #2,147 of 2,348
I know a Zeos video liking something isn’t hard to find, but still, he’s has listened to more headphones than I’ve had hot dinners so I do have a lot of time for him.

I wonder why he doesn't like the hybrid pads. To me, the hybrid and the suede are barely different. :thinking:

Mar 29, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #2,148 of 2,348
I wonder why he doesn't like the hybrid pads. To me, the hybrid and the suede are barely different. :thinking:
I have the Hybrids on n owwith mesh removed and these things slam!!!! Love them!!!

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #2,150 of 2,348
Yeah they're pretty close in my opinion too. It's standard Zeos though, lots of hype and random opinions.

Mar 29, 2024 at 5:56 PM Post #2,151 of 2,348
Yeah they're pretty close in my opinion too. It's standard Zeos though, lots of hype and random opinions.
I cannot stand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #2,152 of 2,348
I cannot stand him!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, you either like his content or you don't.

I don't begrudge him his relative success on YT, but if he put a little more work into improving and evolving his presentation, he would grow his channel more.

I don't subscribe to his channel for various reasons, but one of the big things is that he has not tried to improve anything about his channel. Look at his videos from 2018 and compare to his latest video and from a production standpoint it might as well be the same video. Yeah, he shows his face every once in a while now, but it's not like everyone didn't already know what he looked like.

One of the other reasons is his waifu obsession. I find it cringy and creepy.

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #2,153 of 2,348
Yeah, you either like his content or you don't.

I don't begrudge him his relative success on YT, but if he put a little more work into improving and evolving his presentation, he would grow his channel more.

I don't subscribe to his channel for various reasons, but one of the big things is that he has not tried to improve anything about his channel. Look at his videos from 2018 and compare to his latest video and from a production standpoint it might as well be the same video. Yeah, he shows his face every once in a while now, but it's not like everyone didn't already know what he looked like.

One of the other reasons is his waifu obsession. I find it cringy and creepy.
100% agree with you - if he's reviewing something that noone else has yet or it's something i have a real interest in, then I watch but only on 1.5 or 1.75x speed!!! And yes that manga/anime obsession is just bizarre..................... I love playing JRPGs on PS5 and some of them (Persona, One Piece) are so sexual, it's not funny - just reminds me of him.......now I feel all dirty :laughing:

Mar 29, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #2,154 of 2,348
When did you order your Bokeh? I ordered the same when the drop released last Friday for 200 units. I’m not expecting it until at least another month.

The lighter version of your Bokeh is pretty. I like the contrast with the grain. I waver between the light and dark version of the natural black limba. I didn’t request a specific version when I ordered (not that it’s guaranteed). I’ll just let ZMF surprise me.
I picked mine up at the headphoneauditions store in amsterdam. They had a ruby stained and this one in stock. I loved the look of this one immediately as well, but to be honest i think most if not all of them look awesome. I am sure yours will look great.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #2,156 of 2,348
Been spending a lot of time with the Bokeh recently, I've found my favorite pairing to be with the Mjolnir 3, with hybrid pads and the vented mesh. I've tried it with the Magnius and Folkvangr, but it really shines on the MJ3. Crazy good performance for the money. Technical/performance differences aside, I find I enjoy music on it just as much as on my Caldera.

A friend borrowed my Bokeh for a few days and it convinced them to try out ZMF as their first high-end headphone purchase :D
I completely agree. On M3 this thing is the perfect headphone for the music sources I listen to.
The comfort is great for me, no heat build-up or ears touching anything. Pretty lightweight as well.

Man you can turn these up in volume, even at higher spl i don't experience any fatigue at the moment. Very nice and somewhat polite sound signature.
Listening to the constant buzz in my ears at an early age I recommend to be careful about those spls.

Zach should really be giving public information warnings to those who do in fact overplay the spls.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 7:34 PM Post #2,157 of 2,348
I completely agree. On M3 this thing is the perfect headphone for the music sources I listen to.

Listening to the constant buzz in my ears at an early age I recommend to be careful about those spls.

Zach should really be giving public information warnings to those who do in fact overplay the spls.
I've been ignoring the Bokeh, and all other headphones for the last 5 days listening and breaking in the ACs.

Next week Bokeh goes back in the rotation.

Mar 29, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #2,158 of 2,348
I've been ignoring the Bokeh, and all other headphones for the last 5 days listening and breaking in the ACs.

Next week Bokeh goes back in the rotation.
I know there's been a bunch of comparison between the Bokeh and the AC but always glad to hear more when you get a chance - Still considering the AC down the road..

Mar 30, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #2,159 of 2,348
Road trip time to go hang out with family for the holiday weekend.

1000004947.jpg

I can't wait to introduce ZMF to a couple family members who haven't heard any of my headphones yet, and now that the Bokeh is around I can.

1000004952.jpg

There is about to be a bunch of "Wow!" and "Whoa!"going on. :grin:

Mar 30, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #2,160 of 2,348
There is about to be a bunch of "Wow!" and "Whoa!"going on. :grin:

It's either that or "they sound about the same as my Apple earbuds" :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back