ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Jan 12, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #1,141 of 2,357
My Bokeh finally shipped today! :o2smile:

Sadly I've been having hearing issues this week and am effectively deaf in my right ear (ongoing problems I've been having since I was a kid, and it tends not to last long), but I'm worried I won't be able to properly test these :frowning2: Listening with headphones has been a no-go since Tuesday.

So it's a mixed feeling today, but I'm grateful the shipment has finally gone through.
Excited for you. What time did you order?

Jan 12, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #1,142 of 2,357
I ordered on Dec 16th, so I'm going to be living vicariously through you all for a while lmao

Jan 12, 2024 at 3:20 PM Post #1,145 of 2,357
Jan 13, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #1,148 of 2,357
I received my Bokeh on Thursday, so I've only been able to listen to it for a few hours.
The youtuber DMS said about the AO that it is a better HD600 in all respects. I don't think that's true for the AO, but the bokeh fits that description pretty well in my opinion. I love it with classic overdriven guitar sounds like Foo Fighters. It pairs extraordinary well with the Mojo 2.

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:17 PM Post #1,149 of 2,357
I received my Bokeh on Thursday, so I've only been able to listen to it for a few hours.
The youtuber DMS said about the AO that it is a better HD600 in all respects. I don't think that's true for the AO, but the bokeh fits that description pretty well in my opinion. I love it with classic overdriven guitar sounds like Foo Fighters. It pairs extraordinary well with the Mojo 2.
Where do you think 600 is better than AO? except for brighter upper mids ?

Jan 13, 2024 at 3:49 PM Post #1,150 of 2,357
Where do you think 600 is better than AO? except for brighter upper mids ?
In my opinion, the AO is so much better than the HD600 series in all areas that it is difficult to make a comparison. They are completely different headphones, whereas the Bokeh having more similarities.

Jan 15, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #1,151 of 2,357
I think you can't really compare HD600 to AO.
HD600 are really good, neutral and clean headphones and I will always recommend them. I still use them daily for gaming PUBG and stuff, also very comfortable.
But for music I don't ever use them anymore since I have the ZMFs.
It is just a different league. AO, Caldera and Bokeh stand out most to me here personally. (Verite, Aeolus are the other two I have)
HD600 present the sound just like ordinary headphones left - right - 2D.
AO, Caldera, Bokeh are much more dynamic sounding and each create their own kind of stage, have their own character while still having a clean sound.

Honestly I don't think I will ever get another brand of headphones again (had around 40-45 come and go), maybe I will get an HE1000 v2 again at some point for the insanely wide soundstage I sometimes want, but apart from that I am just waiting for the Caldera closed now :D

Jan 17, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #1,153 of 2,357
Is there any chance for updates? I was hoping 4-8 weeks but it sounds like it's moving more slowly. Not a surprise given the weather, but it'd be nice to keep us updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back