ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Jan 5, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #1,082 of 2,357
Ask and ye shall receive! Took them just now with iPhone. Incredibly difficult to photograph, lighting changes the tone a lot. The pics make it look brighter than it is when looking at it just sitting on my stand. And when you rotate them under strong lights they really change.
Wow. Thank you. I am now pleased I decided to wait for a lighter wood variant like these to be released. I can see why you snapped them up. They look fantastic.

Jan 5, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #1,083 of 2,357
It’s good to hear the Bokeh doesn’t knock your head off with its midbass like the Atticus does. That’s why I ultimately ended up selling mine. Still curious if anyone has paired theirs with a ZMF Pendant? I also have a low impedance SET amp I had built for my LCD-4s so I’m sure it’ll play well with that.

Jan 5, 2024 at 2:18 PM Post #1,084 of 2,357
It’s good to hear the Bokeh doesn’t knock your head off with its midbass like the Atticus does. That’s why I ultimately ended up selling mine. Still curious if anyone has paired theirs with a ZMF Pendant? I also have a low impedance SET amp I had built for my LCD-4s so I’m sure it’ll play well with that.
Once mine arrives I will thoroughly test the pairing

Jan 5, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #1,085 of 2,357
Have any of you listened to it at lower volumes? If so, how do you think it performs?
I generally listen at lower to maybe mid range at best, as I’m in an office environment and don’t want to completely lose the sound of the phone ringing. Excellent performance at low volumes, especially with classical music.

Jan 5, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #1,086 of 2,357
I just got notification that my Bokeh has shipped! I paid a little extra for fast shipping so I should get them on Monday, *fingers crossed*

Jan 5, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #1,088 of 2,357
What day did you order yours?

Trying to get an idea of where I'm at in the queue.
I ordered the day of release, it was maybe an hour or so after it went live.

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #1,089 of 2,357
I ordered the day of release, it was maybe an hour or so after it went live.
Congrats!!! I just checked and my order went through at 2:38pm…I feel like I may have a lot longer to wait than I thought if yours just shipped today! :frowning2:

Jan 5, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #1,090 of 2,357
Congrats!!! I just checked and my order went through at 2:38pm…I feel like I may have a lot longer to wait than I thought if yours just shipped today! :frowning2:
I ordered mine on the 8th at 2:00pm PST.

But since ZMF is on central time maybe my order really didn't reach anyone till the 9th.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #1,092 of 2,357
Has anyone figured out an easy way to install the pads on the Bokeh? I've seen Zach's video and still can't do it.
You might really have to stretch the pad lips out first. Don't be afraid to really put some force into it, they're pretty resilient.

Then it's really important that when you have part of the pad mounted, you pin down that section. Try and use your hand pressed against your body to anchor it. Then slowly work the rest of the lip around the cup, and you should be able to get it eventually. You got this!

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:18 PM Post #1,093 of 2,357
Has anyone figured out an easy way to install the pads on the Bokeh? I've seen Zach's video and still can't do it.
Zach's method is the way I've found easiest for me, it's been a while since I watched it so I don't remember how specific he gets but here's my over-explained version.

With the Bokeh you just need to be much more assertive with your grip and pulling the sleeve around. Once I've got the sleeve folded back like a sock and have it placed more or less centered on the back plate my process goes like this:
  1. hold the pad and cup with my right hand, three fingers around the back of the cup, thumb holding the pad in place, index finger on the edge of the cup.
  2. fold the bit of sleeve in the upper right over (1-2 o'clock) and into the channel where your right index finger is and use that finger to hold it in place.
  3. use your left hand to work your way around counter clockwise, flipping the sleeve into the channel until you get to about 8 o'clock in the bottom left
  4. switch hands so your left is holding the pad in the same way your right was - three fingers on the back of the cup, thumb holding the pad in place and your index wrapped around the section you've already fed into the channel
  5. go back to the spot you started with your right hand and start flipping the sleeve into the channel going clockwise. keep a tight grip with your left and be assertive with pulling the sleeve into place.
  6. if you've got it in well enough you can probably shift your hands to get the last inch or so, usually mines folded itself under at that point and I need to dig it out.

Jan 6, 2024 at 3:02 PM Post #1,095 of 2,357
I also have been switching pads again, and it was really rough... Not my first ZMF at all, but the Suedes almost felt impossible until I forcibly broke the stitching...

Suedes in general always seem to soften the attack too much for me. I liked the tonality, but it became a little too soft sounding (with the burst mesh). Then again, it's my favorite pad set on the Atrium Closed.

Edit: (I like the Suedes without a mesh. Keeps that sparkle, and voices sound clear and smooth. They also sound more fatiguing though since the lesser bass seems to be increasing treble perception...)

I did like the Hybrid pads without any mesh. It gave the headphones that extra bit of sparkle and clarity I was looking for without going to into Meze 109 Pro levels of brightness. Won't be surprised though if I'll get fatigued later on.

I think the hybrid pads, with or without the burst mesh, will be my favorite set for the Bokeh. I still have yet to try the Solid mesh and other combinations though. Not looking forward to switching out the pads again lol.

Edit: (Full Lambskin pads without mesh are nice too. Thought it would be too V-shaped but the increased sub-bass balances out the treble.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back