ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 8, 2023 at 11:25 AM Post #466 of 2,348
Order in with the full tuning kit. Been a long time since I last had a zmf (Eikon) in the quiver, looking forward to it.

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:28 AM Post #467 of 2,348
Congrats to the new owners…I guess this will be a good headphone to be on couch with a DAP and experience ZMF house sound without the need of desktop setup

Dec 8, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #468 of 2,348
Order placed with tuning kit! In for the discount.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:02 PM Post #469 of 2,348
A question for those who have these already, would you consider the Bokeh a dark sounding headphone? One concern I have looking at graphs is the treble seems pretty low. I admit I barely understand what I'm looking at with FR graphs :laughing:

I'm not looking for hyper-detail, just enough to be satisfying.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #471 of 2,348
Well, I just placed my order for the discounted model (though I didn’t realize the hybrid pads were a $60 upgrade). I’m hoping I find these less bulky and heavy than the Atticus. That’s my only real complaint about the Atticus. I really love the sound and I’m looking for something similar.
They definitely feel less bulky but what's really interesting to me is they feel much lighter than they are. I thought for sure they must be lighter than my 469g Atticus or 435g Atrium Closed Redwood. Well my Bokeh are 513g. I don't know if the new headband is a better fit for me or what, but they feel like they kind of float on my head. So far they're giving me that Atticus mid-bass so they may turn out to be just what you're looking for.

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #472 of 2,348
They definitely feel less bulky but what's really interesting to me is they feel much lighter than they are. I thought for sure they must be lighter than my 469g Atticus or 435g Atrium Closed Redwood. Well my Bokeh are 513g. I don't know if the new headband is a better fit for me or what, but they feel like they kind of float on my head. So far they're giving me that Atticus mid-bass so they may turn out to be just what you're looking for.

Interesting; I wasn't expecting them to weigh more than the Atticus, but I like your description of how they feel. I've heard nothing but positive things from early adopters, so I'm hoping I like them and I'll definitely do a direct comparison with the Atticus when I get them (since I guess in some ways, these are effectively replacements for the Atticus and Eikon).

Dec 8, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #473 of 2,348
Considering picking up, can anyone compare the bass to the meze 99 classics? That's a closed back I owned and found the bass to be way too much with regular pads and a bit too much with OG pads.
I have a Meze 99, and I agree exactly what you're saying about that bass (even have the OG pads). The Bokeh is a significant step up in pretty much every aspect. The Bokeh's bass is presented is much more unobtrusive and layered way. It never feels like it's overwhelming to the other frequencies. The additional pads can also help reduce the mid bass levels if you still find it too much.

Hello Bokeh reviewers, first of all, thank you very much for the effort you are doing to bring us your impressions as soon as possible. This usually takes a few weeks, even a few months, and you are doing it in just a week. So, thank you, and I say it heartly

I would like to ask for a brief comparison with the Verite sound, whether open or closed. I know this isn't the most logical, but my only reference to ZMF sound is the VO, and I wanted to know how they compare in things like speed, detail, timbre, imaging, instrument separation, and even soundstage (although I guess the bokeh is smaller)

The last question would be about which genres you have enjoyed the most with Bokeh and which ones the least.

Thanks!
I don't have a VC currently (soon!), but compared to the VO, the Bokeh is a very different experience. I'm not sure what pads you're using with the VO, but the Bokeh certainly has more mid bass presence and a more "in your face" type of presentation. The LCP drivers feel pretty quick and lively, but they don't match up with the speed and technicities of the Verte's Be PEN drivers. Being a huge fan of VO myself, I think the Bokeh would be a great closed back companion to it.

A question for those who have these already, would you consider the Bokeh a dark sounding headphone? One concern I have looking at graphs is the treble seems pretty low. I admit I barely understand what I'm looking at with FR graphs :laughing:

I'm not looking for hyper-detail, just enough to be satisfying.
To me, it's not a dark sounding headphone. It has a very even treble response, which many closed backs have trouble achieving. You can also remove the mesh altogether, which should give a slight bump to the upper mids/lower treble (I haven't had a chance yet to mess with the mesh). I also never felt the detail retrieval was lacking, especially in regards to the price point and the Bokeh's overall presentation.

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #474 of 2,348
I don't have a VC currently (soon!), but compared to the VO, the Bokeh is a very different experience. I'm not sure what pads you're using with the VO, but the Bokeh certainly has more mid bass presence and a more "in your face" type of presentation. The LCP drivers feel pretty quick and lively, but they don't match up with the speed and technicities of the Verte's Be PEN drivers. Being a huge fan of VO myself, I think the Bokeh would be a great closed back companion to it.
Thank you! Much appreciated

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #476 of 2,348
Welp, relative newbie here. Just ordered the Bokeh. This is my first headphone purchase from ZMF. Prior to this purchase, my most expensive headphone was the LCD2 Closed. Hopefully these will work well with progressive house/edm. Simultaneously excited and nervous.
As long as you're aware that you've basically purchased a gateway drug. Mine was the Auteur Classic..

Dec 8, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #477 of 2,348
Ordered! Gonna be my first ZMF, couldn't resist the launch discount.
The wait begins 🙏

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #478 of 2,348
oh man...I need this!!

Dec 8, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #479 of 2,348
Just got my shipping notification!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back