ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Feb 9, 2024 at 3:56 PM Post #1,366 of 2,370
I am sure the question has been asked - is there a way to find out where our Bokeh orders are in the queue? I suppose I could contact ZMF customer support, but I don’t want to bug them if there is a better way (I can’t think of one, but that’s why I am asking!).

Feb 9, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,367 of 2,370
First impressions, no burn-in, out of the box, after a pad swap.

Speaking of pad swaps… they're frankly a pain in the rear but, all things considered, I managed to put on the suede pads despite the threat posed to them by the screws holding the stock burst mesh pads 😅

Before anyone asks, I’m not going to try the other pads I got, f— that, nor did I get other meshes. I did, however, get both the 3.5mm single-ended and 4.4mm balanced cables. More on this later.

Artisanal and boutique, the Bokeh’s build quality ranges from excellent to very good and is a significant step up from the Grado SR325X which are the best made Grado I have held. The Bokeh look and feel good, feel sturdy, and are surprisingly light.

Comfort is indeed outstanding. I was expecting a much heavier set. Clamp force is perfect. Bottom line, early impressions is that they’re the most comfortable headphones I’ve owned by a country mile, including while wearing eyeglasses 🤓

The reason I went for the suede pads straight away was a question of comfort/breathability. The hybrid and stock pads were backups in case I didn’t really like the tuning with the suedes. Again, more on this later.

The Jotunheim 2 with MultiBit card in low gain provided more than ample power for the Bokeh with a consequent amount of headroom. While I usually prefer a well-implemented single-ended output, I must admit that the Bokeh benefited from the balanced output which gave them more life in the midrange with a bit more detail overall. Balanced offered a relaxed listen, single-ended even more so.

The Sony NW-WM1AM2, uncapped and balanced, provided an equally satisfactory, if not at times better, experience with the added benefit of being able to move around.

It’s still very early to say but the Bokeh indeed seem to have an analog, relaxed yet engaging, tuning allowing the listener to focus on the music and be carried by it. Pad-wise, I’m very happy with the suede and, yes, ignorance is bliss. Again, these are early impressions but I feel the Bokeh fully deserve the current attention surrounding them.

A quick word on price. I cannot but feel that the ZMF Bokeh offer an experience and product, as well as extra pads and cables, at more than fair prices in a hobby which increasingly seems to be aimed at the (very) wealthy. Before all major influencers/reviewers will share their view on them, if nothing else, ZMF should be credited for that.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #1,369 of 2,370
Sweet, my Bokeh finally shipped. Can't wait. :relieved:

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #1,371 of 2,370
I am sure the question has been asked - is there a way to find out where our Bokeh orders are in the queue? I suppose I could contact ZMF customer support, but I don’t want to bug them if there is a better way (I can’t think of one, but that’s why I am asking!).

If you DM me your info, I'll see if I can locate where in the queue your Bokeh are at.

Feb 9, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #1,373 of 2,370
Woohooo! Just got the email today! Can’t wait to join the club.

Feb 9, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #1,374 of 2,370
Feb 10, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #1,375 of 2,370
We are over 50 percent shipped now not going as fast as I'd like, but our main efforts are going towards Bokeh builds now and the process has gotten a lot more efficient. Many units will go out each week.
A quick word on price. I cannot but feel that the ZMF Bokeh offer an experience and product, as well as extra pads and cables, at more than fair prices in a hobby which increasingly seems to be aimed at the (very) wealthy. Before all major influencers/reviewers will share their view on them, if nothing else, ZMF should be credited for that.
Hey thanks, that was the goal. I know in relative terms they're still expensive, but I am really happy with the final result after working on them for so long.
Hmmm just saw this on Reddit.. someone is selling Bokeh for $800? Someone in here?
I think they might have won that unit at the San Fran meet up as we gave away a unit at their raffle to support the meet. It's too bad they didn't want it, someone else's gain I guess!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Feb 10, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #1,376 of 2,370
We are over 50 percent shipped now not going as fast as I'd like, but our main efforts are going towards Bokeh builds now and the process has gotten a lot more efficient. Many units will go out each week.

Assuming that you are shipping based on when ordered, can you post each Friday up to where in the queue you are in shipping? That is, through orders received on 12/17/23 at 2:43PM Eastern, or something like that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back