ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Dec 4, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #211 of 2,392
Step aside DAPs, I'm prepared to give my impressions of the Bokeh paired with the future of portable audio, it's called a "portable cassette player". Imagine being able to bring an analog audio format with you on the go! Prepare for your music to come alive. Mark my words, this will be big.

PXL_20231204_142912657.MP-2.jpg

I'm only half joking though :) this is one of the best cassette players released and legitimately sounds amazing with the Bokeh. We all have our use case, this will be mine! Planning to go to CanJam NYC next year if all goes to plan schedule wise. I'll bring a cassette player and a test tape ripped via one of my tube DACs through a full-sized cassette deck (Revox B215) to a high quality tape. You'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:45 AM Post #212 of 2,392
Step aside DAPs, I'm prepared to give my impressions of the Bokeh paired with the future of portable audio, it's called a "portable cassette player". Imagine being able to bring an analog audio format with you on the go! Prepare for your music to come alive. Mark my words, this will be big.

I'm only half joking though :) this is one of the best cassette players released and legitimately sounds amazing with the Bokeh. We all have our use case, this will be mine! Planning to go to CanJam NYC next year if all goes to plan schedule wise. I'll bring a cassette player and a test tape ripped via one of my tube DACs through a full-sized cassette deck (Revox B215) to a high quality tape. You'll see, YOU'LL ALL SEE!!!
Frankly, I'm shocked and a bit disappointed that it doesn't have any tubes sticking out of it.

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #213 of 2,392
Frankly, I'm shocked and a bit disappointed that it doesn't have any tubes sticking out of it.

Hmmm I'll have to see if I can do anything about that! Ripping tapes through my PCM63 tubified DAC though will impart some of that tube magic :wink:

Dec 4, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #214 of 2,392

Well, the Calderas definitely need a little more than a Walkman. :)

PXL_20230812_154823031~2.jpg

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #215 of 2,392
Wonder how it compares to Atrium Closed sound-wise. Love my AC, but yeah its bit to bulky during travels and I am rather worried damaging them considering the price-point.

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:32 AM Post #217 of 2,392
Day two has begun. :grin:

20231204_061846.jpg

Spoiler - Currently listening to Agnes Obel - The Curse, and the mids are to die for with texture and crunch you can literally feel.

I am loving this headphone!
you do love torturing us with those money shots! :) That set you got look amazing. I love that red hue, gorgeous. I'm excited to put the Bokeh up against the AC and Atticus, my two most beloved headphones ever.

This album rocks on the AC. I love how Springsteen's voice has aged. It's gravely and rough, but somehow sounds as good as his young voice. He's still able to convey the emotion he's feeling when singing. You get a nice sense of him aging if you listen to the tracks in order.

1701703867743.png

Dec 4, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #218 of 2,392

Analog man in a digital world :)....Got to love it!

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #220 of 2,392
It is still a full-sized headphone, and honestly feels very similar to my other ZMF closed backs, with just a tad less weight and a slightly slimmer look and feel. I don't imagine anyone will be working out or running with them. That being said, they are a tad lighter and smaller overall, so they will definitely be the easiest ZMF to travel with.
What if you wore them while cycling and used them for music listening and as a helmet at the same time? 🤔

Dec 4, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #221 of 2,392
Dec 4, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #222 of 2,392
Testing a demo unit right now, burning them in. On day 4 of listening. First impressions are incredibly positive. Beatles and Steely Dan are wonderful; they're so crunchy and analog-sounding. I also had the fiance listen to them, and she said its like listening to a record player, or a vintage sound, which does not sound digital.

I'm going through different genres over the next few days.

Testing off of the full system and also DAP. Full write-up and video coming soon.

20231201_111510.jpg

20231204_105240.jpg

20231201_124223.jpg

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #224 of 2,392
Can any lucky testers/reviewers confirm if the Bokeh uses straight up Caldera pads? Or are they a new modified version of them? Mostly curious if they maintain the same depth as the Caldera stock pads.

Dec 4, 2023 at 12:09 PM Post #225 of 2,392
I low-key prefer the look of the Bokeh to any of the other ZMF cans! Looking forward to limited wood runs
In person, it's suuuuuuper pretty. Understated luxury, and the oval shape are unique to their other offerings. I will have more images in my full review. They look and feel modern but vintage at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back