ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 20, 2024 at 8:25 AM Post #1,981 of 2,416
I noticed a slight left-right imbalance (about 0.5 dB), it's small but noticable.
currently I am still burning in my Bokeh (running 40hrs maybe)

should I contact my reseller, or keep it burn-in for at least 100 hrs?

thanks.
1. Try bending the headband to be more congruent and to push slightly harder on That side, our use video is helpful on YouTube.

2. Switch cables from side to side.

3. Try an alternate set of pads and or flipping the pads from one side to the other does the characteristic persist from side to side?

4. Try a different source.

5. Try another headphone, do you hear any similar imbalances?

6. Are you hearing this on music or just on sweeps? How do you know it's half a dB?

Half a dB is a pretty small increment but we want you to be happy, do reply to this by emailing the dealer with your results and working things out with them. This thread isn't the best place for troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Edit to add use video:

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 20, 2024 at 4:34 PM Post #1,982 of 2,416
Once I watched Zach's video, I figured out how to put on the pads without pulling out all my hair. Not as bad as I thought, but very important to use Z's grip and keep the edges from retreating.

Really I just wanted to show off the new cable for my Bokeh, custom colors and all!

Attachments

• bokehpalflag.jpg
    bokehpalflag.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 20, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #1,983 of 2,416
1. Try bending the headband to be more congruent and to push slightly harder on That side, our use video is helpful on YouTube.

2. Switch cables from side to side.

3. Try an alternate set of pads and or flipping the pads from one side to the other does the characteristic persist from side to side?

4. Try a different source.

5. Try another headphone, do you hear any similar imbalances?

6. Are you hearing this on music or just on sweeps? How do you know it's half a dB?

Half a dB is a pretty small increment but we want you to be happy, do reply to this by emailing the dealer with your results and working things out with them. This thread isn't the best place for troubleshooting.

Thank you!

Edit to add use video:

hi Zach, thanks for replying.

after doing some bends, it seems better. I checked with sweeping some frequency sine wave (500Hz, 10kHz, 15kHz).
also I have suspect that I use glasses, might be the culprit of not having a good seal in my ears.

Cheers!

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #1,984 of 2,416
I've bought myself a bokeh. I used to own a vc and really liked it. However, what's drawn myself to getting a bokeh is that I will be able to use it with everything from a dongle to hugo 2 and wa8. I'm hoping to use it as my work headphone so it will get a lot of use. It's arriving later today and I can't wait.

Mar 21, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #1,985 of 2,416
Well, they finally arrived today and all I can say is wow!!!!
Only listened for 30 mins or so on Soloist 3x gt and Geshelli J2S through Eversolo A6 streamer and I'm honestly struggling to find a negative........
Obviously need to burn in but if these can only get better, then they have to be some of the best value cans on the market today imo......
Bass is huge, controlled, deep and very satisfying. Mids are there perfectly and I love my treble (HEK Stealths) and these are nowhere near that but actually have a bloody great amount regardless - don't feel ANY treble rolloff. Timbre for me is wonderful, as instruments sound natural and also well separated. Clarity is great too and for me have ample soundstage (I tend to hear left to right predominantly and struggle with out front sounds. But these are wonderful.

Comforting as a warm fart in pants on a cold day and light compared to some. Build is 10/10 and Jesu Christo they look AMAZING!!!!

I asked for gnarly wood and got it in spades!!

Lots of exciting time ahead listening on OTC and OTL tube amps as well as my Topping G5 which I just bought as a portable for these. And it is a beast too!!!

And bought the tuning kit too so more fun to be had!!

The team at ZMF have been wonderful communicators and provided excellent support too, so thanks to all and especially @BooUrns and @zach915m !!!!

2 ZMFs in 2 months and this is just the beginning!!!!!! Bloody great cans!!!

Attachments

• BO2.jpg
    BO2.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BO3.jpg
    BO3.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 0
  • BO5.jpg
    BO5.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 0
  • BO1.jpg
    BO1.jpg
    466.2 KB · Views: 0
  • BO4.jpg
    BO4.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 5:05 AM Post #1,987 of 2,416
Beautiful! I'm at a little over fifty hours with my unit and I can assure you that it will improve. Enjoy your wonderful new toy. It's certainly a keeper in my collection.
I know I'm gushing but I actually can't imagine them getting any better. And if they do, then HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #1,988 of 2,416
While we are waiting for the case I realized that the Hifiman case also works. It is really close as you can see and you have to put them in like you see in the picture, but there is no pressure on the pads or anything and it closes. Also it is a nice form factor.
Still gonna get the case when it releases though probably.
1000000839.jpg
1000000841.jpg

Mar 21, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #1,989 of 2,416
While we are waiting for the case
It'll be on the site for the new batch tomorrow as we got a very small amount in from our supplier. We should have them available a-la-carte in about a month as the new natural Limba sets start shipping.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 21, 2024 at 8:02 AM Post #1,990 of 2,416
It'll be on the site for the new batch tomorrow

Great! Btw is it possible to order just the headband or the metal part of the headband of the Bokeh as a replacement? I kinda screwed up bending mine and it now has some "edges" in it. It still works, it just bothers me a bit, because it doesn't look so good.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:03 AM Post #1,991 of 2,416
My Bokeh alongside some excellent movie scores. Still in the "break in" period but sounding very good on my Feliks Audio Echo Mk2.

Attachments

• IMG_5389.JPG
    IMG_5389.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Mar 21, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #1,992 of 2,416
My Bokeh alongside some excellent movie scores. Still in the "break in" period but sounding very good on my Feliks Audio Echo Mk2.
Two of my all-time favorite movies right there. Ghostbusters and Back to the Future are classics.

Mar 21, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #1,993 of 2,416
Two of my all-time favorite movies right there. Ghostbusters and Back to the Future are classics.

That is just a book but a cool book nonetheless. But I do have the score and soundtrack Ghostbusters I and II.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #1,994 of 2,416
That is just a book but a cool book nonetheless. But I do have the score and soundtrack Ghostbusters I and II.
That Bobby Brown song from Ghostbusters II is 🔥🔥🔥

And this is totally not off topic, because I’m sure it will sound awesome on the Bokeh…

Mar 21, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #1,995 of 2,416
I just wanted to note that I think this image on the new Bokeh run is a really excellent way to point out some of variations that could be expected on the different woods. Would love to see this type of thing going forward on other models - I'm sure it's not always feasible as it requires multiple, different sets to be built, but it's super helpful in giving a better idea what to expect.

1711042247533.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back