ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Mar 1, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #1,696 of 2,370
I am really happy with original stain color. It is striking, and has the advantage of being unique if future versions are natural wood color. But it's all a matter of taste, of course, and when they're on your head you forget the color anyway! :)

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #1,697 of 2,370
I am really happy with original stain color. It is striking, and has the advantage of being unique if future versions are natural wood color. But it's all a matter of taste, of course, and when they're on your head you forget the color anyway! :)
I agree! The original stain color is quite striking and yes, it is a matter of taste.

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #1,698 of 2,370

I agree! The original stain color is quite striking and yes, it is a matter of taste.
I feel the same way as you guys. I know I wouldn't have ordered the Bokeh if it was first offered in the Natural Lima. The only light colored wood I really like is the Italian Olive wood. I ran it by my wife anyway and she didn't like the Natural Lima at all. She has really good taste, she married me and stuck around for thirty five years.:relaxed:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #1,699 of 2,370
I feel the same way as you guys. I know I wouldn't have ordered the Bokeh if it was first offered in the Natural Lima. The only light colored wood I really like is the Italian Olive wood. I ran it by my wife anyway and she didn't like the Natural Lima at all. She has really good taste, she married me and stuck around for thirty five years.:relaxed:
Same here - this year will be 35 years that my wife could have decided she'd made a mistake, but instead decides to see what's around the corner!

Mar 1, 2024 at 9:57 PM Post #1,700 of 2,370

You have just convinced me not to place an order now 🤔

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #1,701 of 2,370
Very true! I wasn’t trying to be a negative vibe.. just honestly speaking! I knew I was early adopting though and it was worth it for the excitement alone!

Mar 2, 2024 at 12:33 AM Post #1,702 of 2,370
Will the claret stain on the black limba be used for future runs of the Bokeh, or is it specific to the initial run? I imagine it will, but I can't tell for certain.

Mar 2, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #1,703 of 2,370
I think both options are pretty great looking.

Don't worry, you'll have tons of time to look at future releases and be jealous of them, too. When that black and white ebony bokeh comes out, I'll be fighting the envy for sure. :)

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:10 AM Post #1,704 of 2,370
I also got the email about changing to the natural limba, and after seeing the LTD/Canjam video I was very tempted! So I emailed ZMF asking if there where any more examples of the natural limba and they sent me this:

With this being a newer edition for the Bokeh, these have not gone into full production yet. The headphones shown in the video are currently the only set that we have a formal video or photo of at this time.

We do have a few natural limba cups in the finishing process that I have attached below for more examples.

IMG_5029.jpg

I figured seeing this might be helpful for those trying to decide, I ended up switching my order to natural limba! This will be my first ZMF and it is amazing to be able to see into the process and have communication like this. Super excited for my bokeh and to check out the rest of the ZMF lineup at Canjam NYC!

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:21 AM Post #1,705 of 2,370
I also got the email about changing to the natural limba, and after seeing the LTD/Canjam video I was very tempted! So I emailed ZMF asking if there where any more examples of the natural limba and they sent me this:

I figured seeing this might be helpful for those trying to decide, I ended up switching my order to natural limba! This will be my first ZMF and it is amazing to be able to see into the process and have communication like this. Super excited for my bokeh and to check out the rest of the ZMF lineup at Canjam NYC!
Nice. I have 2 red pairs of HPs already and would have absolutely LOVED the cherry colour, but I went for natural in the end and I requested a pair with the most faultlines/textured ones they had (like the closet pair in the pic but even more hopefully). Very excited!!!

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #1,706 of 2,370
Nice. I have 2 red pairs of HPs already and would have absolutely LOVED the cherry colour, but I went for natural in the end and I requested a pair with the most faultlines/textured ones they had (like the closet pair in the pic but even more hopefully). Very excited!!!
Yeah I definitely was concerned about getting an interesting pattern, and felt that stained was definitely a safer bet, but after seeing these I figured I would roll the spalted dice!

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:31 AM Post #1,707 of 2,370
Yeah I definitely was concerned about getting an interesting pattern, and felt that stained was definitely a safer bet, but after seeing these I figured I would roll the spalted dice!
"Spalted" - that's the word I was looking for! Bring on the Spalt!!!!!!!!

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #1,708 of 2,370

Same. I like having the unique color and being a part of the early adopter's club :grin:

Mar 2, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #1,709 of 2,370
I may be in the minority, but the one thing I was not excited about was the rubied color. To each their own, but I could care less if this is the color moving forward. I didn’t buy this for uniqueness. I was really happy to get the email as the finish in the video looks great.

Mar 2, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #1,710 of 2,370
One thing that's really impressing me with the Bokeh that I haven't commented on much is the ability to scale. I'm mostly using them at work with a Tuba amplifier. Great amp, great sound. Spent a few hours this morning listening at home on my Stratus and immediately noticed the upgraded sound over the Tuba. I actually thought for a second I had my AC on, not the Bokeh. Everything just sounded bigger, more detailed yet smoother, richer, and more spacious. I had gotten so used to the Tuba sound it was quite surprising just how much the Bokeh changed on the Stratus. Roll amps with this baby, you'll be well rewarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back