ZMF Auteur Thread
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #6,751 of 8,365
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:42 AM Post #6,752 of 8,365
Aug 11, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #6,753 of 8,365
Aug 11, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #6,754 of 8,365
I’ve got a pair. Soundstage is easily double that of the OG atrium. The NEW new damping system….
Double? Did you measure? 🤔🤣

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:30 PM Post #6,755 of 8,365
Double? Did you measure? 🤔🤣

It sounds like it's at least double... I'll have more impressions in the CanJam SoCal 2022 preview video.

Aug 11, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #6,756 of 8,365
Yeah just received the newly informed Auteur Classic from ZMF/FedEx and as promised, I doused them in OTL Rush.
So far I am able to pick up on some extra delightful punchiness via the kick drum of Neil Peart and very lovely bass texture. The driver feels and sounds as if it’s capable of much more and I feel this will definitely happen with time.
So far I can rally tell there’s some serious mojo going on here than what these possessed pre-classic treatment. I’m happy to report that I really like this so far. It’s different but in a very good way.
It’s like your wife just got even prettier…
Obviously more impressions to come as these babies Aw about to see some constant movement where I’ll drop in every few hours to take a listen.

Aug 11, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #6,757 of 8,365
Yeah just received the newly informed Auteur Classic from ZMF/FedEx and as promised, I doused them in OTL Rush.
So far I am able to pick up on some extra delightful punchiness via the kick drum of Neil Peart and very lovely bass texture. The driver feels and sounds as if it’s capable of much more and I feel this will definitely happen with time.
So far I can rally tell there’s some serious mojo going on here than what these possessed pre-classic treatment. I’m happy to report that I really like this so far. It’s different but in a very good way.
It’s like your wife just got even prettier…
Obviously more impressions to come as these babies Aw about to see some constant movement where I’ll drop in every few hours to take a listen.
I'm with you- When I test drive any equipment, headphones, amps, etc. I always go with Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, or Signals. Incredibly well-mixed and brilliantly remastered albums (especially the recent 40th Anniversary versions in 24/96).

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #6,758 of 8,365
Just finished burning in my pair. I'm feeling the peer pressure to listen to some Rush. Although if I'm honest, I would have done that regardless!

Aug 11, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #6,759 of 8,365
Just finished burning in my pair. I'm feeling the peer pressure to listen to some Rush. Although if I'm honest, I would have done that regardless!
Welp, that'll be The Dead for me :)

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #6,760 of 8,365
Aug 11, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #6,761 of 8,365
Didn't they only have one song? Grey something...

:smirk:
Why do I get the impression you're not a fan of jam bands?

My fav Dead track is "Friend of the Devil", but my fav version of that song is done by Uncle Al...such an odd thing for him to be singing.

Aug 11, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #6,762 of 8,365

My fav Dead track is "Friend of the Devil", but my fav version of that song is done by Uncle Al...such an odd thing for him to be singing.

Not so much that I'm not a fan of jam bands, I just love to rile up their fan bases. Although they're not as fun to annoy as DMB fans. :L3000:

I do happen to be a HUGE Ministry fan though. Not seen that cover before, thanks!

Back to the Auteur, it seems to have settled in and smoothed out quite nicely. The improved bass response is definitely quite noticeable over the OG's. My old blackwood OG's had some very nice bass, but these maple Classics easily surpass them.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #6,763 of 8,365
Well, since we're talking music, I'm a HUGE prog rock fan and in addition to RUSH, my OG Auteur shine brilliantly with King Crimson. So, I'd highly recommend experiencing the entirety of Three of a Perfect Pair, which sounds incredibly brilliant through my OG Auteur, Bottlehead Crack, and RME ADI2 DAC. You'll see what I mean with the first song.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2022 at 5:01 PM Post #6,764 of 8,365

My fave is from Dead Set

Aug 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #6,765 of 8,365
Not so much that I'm not a fan of jam bands, I just love to rile up their fan bases. Although they're not as fun to annoy as DMB fans. :L3000:
No argument here -- DMB fans can be pretty fantical (is that a word?). Phish fans can get prickly as well.
...The improved bass response is definitely quite noticeable over the OG's. My old blackwood OG's had some very nice bass, but these maple Classics easily surpass them.
Agree about OG Blackwood bass -- so really looking forward to Classic Blackwood bass ... and all other frequencies!

:ksc75smile: :beerchug::L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back