ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Dec 26, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #5,462 of 6,196
Dec 26, 2023 at 12:11 PM Post #5,463 of 6,196
Ditto what goldwerger said both as to weight and quality. These stands weigh about 3 lbs.

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #5,465 of 6,196
Has anyone here been able to measure the Atrium with Caldera Ultra Perf pads Vs Universe pads

My ears give me an idea of what I'd expect to see (in short, a slight anticlockwise tilt on the Caldera pads Vs Universe).

It would be nice to know if the machines agree.

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #5,467 of 6,196
Has anyone here been able to measure the Atrium with Caldera Ultra Perf pads Vs Universe pads

My ears give me an idea of what I'd expect to see (in short, a slight anticlockwise tilt on the Caldera pads Vs Universe).

Is the UP good with the Atrium? What does it change?

Dec 27, 2023 at 8:06 AM Post #5,468 of 6,196
Is the UP good with the Atrium? What does it change?
Lots has been written about the Ultra Perfs with the Atrium in this thread.

The short answer that I would give (vs the universe lamb pads) is I find the sound to be cleaner and more crisp throughout the frequency range, slightly brighter, with a more spherical, but slightly smaller/less deep staging and presentation.

Dec 27, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #5,469 of 6,196

We must always be considerate to our future overlords, the machines.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #5,470 of 6,196
Hey folks! I'm looking to get the Atriums and I am trying to get exactly what I heard at Canjam Dallas. Just wanted to confirm that this is the stock pad and also wanted to know what ZMF cable this was. Sorry I don't have better pics with different angles. Also not sure what mesh comes stock, I think I read the solid mesh attenutes the treble which is what I want. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• 20231111_123940.jpg
    20231111_123940.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dec 27, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #5,471 of 6,196
Hey folks! I'm looking to get the Atriums and I am trying to get exactly what I heard at Canjam Dallas. Just wanted to confirm that this is the stock pad and also wanted to know what ZMF cable this was. Sorry I don't have better pics with different angles. Also not sure what mesh comes stock, I think I read the solid mesh attenutes the treble which is what I want. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Looks like stock Universe Pads, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. @zach915m probably knows what pads they were running at the show. Don't think they're Auteur pads, as they don't look angled enough.

Looks like a 2K Copper cable to me. Great cable for the price.

The Atriums have perforated Titan mesh stock (different from the radial mesh). Solid mesh will attenuate the upper mids/lower treble. I recently switched back to the solid mesh, as I find it pairs better when using the Ultra Perf Caldera pads.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #5,472 of 6,196
Looks like stock Universe Pads, but I can't say that with 100% certainly. @zach915m probably knows what pads they were running at the show. Don't think they're Auteur pads, as they don't look like they're angled enough.

Looks like a 2K Copper cable to me. Great cable for the price.

The Atriums have a perforated Titan mesh stock. The solid mesh will attenuate the upper mids/lower treble. I recently switched back to the solid mesh as I like it more when I use the Ultra Perf Caldera pads.
Thanks for the response! Super helpful. I believe those are also the stock model with the cherry wood and black aluminium grills. Would these be the lightest variation weight wise?

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #5,473 of 6,196
Thanks for the response! Super helpful. I believe those are also the stock model with the cherry wood and black aluminium grills. Would these be the lightest variation weight wise?

Stock cherry is probably one of the lighter woods for Atrium, magnesium chassi will reduce the weight some too. Aged cherry adds a little bit of weight. There has been some lighter wood releases if I'm not mistaken, like the redwood burl. If you're worried about weight the BBB strap is a great addition imo, as it might help distribute it a bit better. Mine weigh just over 500g and don't feel like it at all when it's on my head.

Here's a good spreadsheet:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zmf-weight-project.958605/

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #5,474 of 6,196
Stock cherry is probably one of the lighter woods for Atrium, magnesium chassi will reduce the weight some too. Aged cherry adds a little bit of weight. There has been some lighter wood releases if I'm not mistaken, like the redwood burl. If you're worried about weight the BBB strap is a great addition imo, as it might help distribute it a bit better. Mine weigh just over 500g and don't feel like it at all when it's on my head.

Here's a good spreadsheet:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-zmf-weight-project.958605/
Thanks! Didn't even know that spreadsheet existed, super helpful info! I found the stock model I tried at canjam to be super comfortable, wish I had a pic showing whether it had the BBB strap or not but might add one just in case. I have the neck muscles of a fawn so weight is a major concern for me, just want to make sure I don't add anything to my order for just aesthetics that might detract from my comfort for long listening sessions. Again thank you!

Dec 27, 2023 at 7:09 PM Post #5,475 of 6,196
Thanks! Didn't even know that spreadsheet existed, super helpful info! I found the stock model I tried at canjam to be super comfortable, wish I had a pic showing whether it had the BBB strap or not but might add one just in case. I have the neck muscles of a fawn so weight is a major concern for me, just want to make sure I don't add anything to my order for just aesthetics that might detract from my comfort for long listening sessions. Again thank you!
I think mine is aged cherry with aged copper and non magnesium chassis and it weighs around 530g so stock cherry with crescent band and BBB strap with Magnesium should work fine. Also a listening chair with neck support helps and definitely below exercise 3 times a week for stronger neck muscle. You are all set
IMG_1401.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back