ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Dec 27, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #5,476 of 6,290
I think mine is aged cherry with aged copper and non magnesium chassis and it weighs around 530g so stock cherry with crescent band and BBB strap with Magnesium should work fine. Also a listening chair with neck support helps and definitely below exercise 3 times a week for stronger neck muscle. You are all set
IMG_1401.jpeg
😂😂😂

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:49 PM Post #5,477 of 6,290
Looks like stock Universe Pads, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. @zach915m probably knows what pads they were running at the show. Don't think they're Auteur pads, as they don't look angled enough.

Looks like a 2K Copper cable to me. Great cable for the price.

The Atriums have perforated Titan mesh stock (different from the radial mesh). Solid mesh will attenuate the upper mids/lower treble. I recently switched back to the solid mesh, as I find it pairs better when using the Ultra Perf Caldera pads.
the Ultra Perf pads havr been my main pads for a while. But I had to EQ down the spiciness down a bit with the original mesh. Got the solid mesh today and they are now perfect.

Dec 28, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #5,479 of 6,290
the Ultra Perf pads havr been my main pads for a while. But I had to EQ down the spiciness down a bit with the original mesh. Got the solid mesh today and they are now perfect.

Love the Caldera pads with the solid mesh! With the stock mesh it gets just a bit too hot for my liking. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the extra treble energy. Have to say though, no matter what combination of pads/ mesh I use Atrium doesn't get peaky, shouty or "too bright" to my ears, and I'm a bit treble sensitive. Although I haven't tried no mesh YET. Got to love the modular ability to fine tune the sound to your liking!

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #5,480 of 6,290
I´m sorry to bother but can anyone confirm the date on the owner´s card? I'm not sure if I´m reading it right.

Cheers.
1703773957174.png

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #5,483 of 6,290
I´m sorry to bother but can anyone confirm the date on the owner´s card? I'm not sure if I´m reading it right.

Cheers.
1703773957174.png
Aug 15th 2023

Dec 28, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #5,484 of 6,290
Love the Caldera pads with the solid mesh! With the stock mesh it gets just a bit too hot for my liking. I'm sure a lot of people would prefer the extra treble energy. Have to say though, no matter what combination of pads/ mesh I use Atrium doesn't get peaky, shouty or "too bright" to my ears, and I'm a bit treble sensitive. Although I haven't tried no mesh YET. Got to love the modular ability to fine tune the sound to your liking!
Last night I spent a few more hours playing around with mesh and pad combos.

I like swapping pads, particularly between caldera ultra perf and universe, although other options sometimes appeal too.

I had been using the solid mesh for a while, enjoying the smoothness of the sound. But I started to find it was a little too smoothed off with the universe pads.

An almost perfect combination is the stock atrium mesh with the caldera pads. It just made me smile, how good it was. But when I now use the stock mesh with the Universe pads (as I love, LOVE the universe pads' staging) I find the lower treble very slightly still too smoothed.

So another almost perfect combination I have found is the universe pads with the radial mesh. I'm getting the universe staging with a bit of the added clarity that the caldera pads bring. It doesn't quite fully deliver the dynamics and better resolution of the Caldera pads but it gets close on the clarity.

I think that the radial mesh with the Caldera pads is a little too hot but still very listenable. I may give that more of chance too from time to time. My tastes have been evolving lately, but as someone who also enjoys grados and the Arya V2, this pad/mesh combo is still well within the acceptable limits of brightness.

I've said this before but no mesh doesn't work for me. Too much treble not enough separation and definition.

So it seems I'm going to be jumping between stock perforated mesh and radial mesh and universe and caldera pads for the foreseeable future.... Until Zach one day decides to throw an ultra perf unverse pad into the mix or some other disruptor.

Lots of fun still to be had with the Atriums

Dec 28, 2023 at 6:26 PM Post #5,485 of 6,290
Popping in to give a shout out to ZMF for great customer service! Had a few questions about a potential order and they answered all of them promptly, allowed me to customize and even gave me a discount! I know it should be the norm but it's so hard to find good customer service interactions nowadays. I know it's been mentioned countless times on the thread but just wanted to add my piece. For someone relative new to the brand, it goes a long way🙂

Dec 28, 2023 at 7:13 PM Post #5,486 of 6,290
Popping in to give a shout out to ZMF for great customer service! Had a few questions about a potential order and they answered all of them promptly, allowed me to customize and even gave me a discount! I know it should be the norm but it's so hard to find good customer service interactions nowadays. I know it's been mentioned countless times on the thread but just wanted to add my piece. For someone relative new to the brand, it goes a long way🙂

Finer CS than ZMF is really tough to find

Dec 28, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #5,487 of 6,290
When my Aeolus had a problem with the mini xlr jack being loose, they gave me a really good option to help me out. I ended up not needing repairs as I used a mini xlr to 3.5mm adapter to solve my issue, but that had a lasting impression in my mind.

When I needed to change a minor part of my order, they are really flexible too, I wasn't expecting anything to happen based on experiences with other companies (orders are final when paid etc)

Long story short, I am now patiently waiting for a Caldera and Atrium. As long as Zach keeps up the CS policy and lifetime driver warranty, I will be a fan for life!

Dec 29, 2023 at 9:12 AM Post #5,489 of 6,290
I can honestly say I have become such a fan of this headphone that I’m considering selling the pair I bought used here on Headfi to fund the purchase of my very own brand new pair. Maybe some sort of find during next year’s burl sales.
Don’t plant such idea in my head, man
I’m happy with my current used set….I’m happy with my current used set

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back