ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Dec 24, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #5,446 of 6,293
Thanks. So this is what is installed on my used pair. I assumed this was solid?
Yep, those are solid mesh.

I have this one. Looks like something that is stock with Atrium ? I.e non Radial mesh
IMG_1384.jpeg
Yes sir, stock Atrium mesh.

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Atrium. But I wondered about warranty matters/customer service.

As I read the webpage, the warranty only covers the original sale/purchaser. There is a pair on sale now on HeadFi - only few weeks old. But I'm nervous about losing out on the warranty to save a few bucks.

Anyone have any problems with the equipment and any thoughts re customer service? Thanks.
I think you can ask about anyone that's owned a ZMF, their CS is amongst the best in the industry.

It's true that you will not have a warranty on a used pair, but they will take care of you for a very fair price if needed.

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #5,447 of 6,293
You kniw what I'm going to say next.... :ksc75smile:
While I’ve carefully considered a life of crime, I’m way too easy to pick out of a crowd, am averse to violence against those that obviously don’t deserve it, and have defects to my fingerprints that make them interesting enough to put into a learning dataset for early fingerprint ID software. While I didn’t expect my friends to leave me back door access, I thought an Easter egg to say hello wasn’t asking too much. But alas, no.

Dec 24, 2023 at 10:21 PM Post #5,448 of 6,293
Yep, those are solid mesh.

Yes sir, stock Atrium mesh.

I think you can ask about anyone that's owned a ZMF, their CS is amongst the best in the industry.

It's true that you will not have a warranty on a used pair, but they will take care of you for a very fair price if needed.
Thank you sir! I have e-mailed ZMF to ask kindly if I might be able to purchase a set of stock mesh :)

Dec 25, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #5,450 of 6,293
Has anyone tried Dekoni Audeze pads with Atrium? If so, how did you go about mounting/installing them? Heard someone mention this, but wasn't sure if the Dekoni pads would need to be attached with adhesive rings or not.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:27 PM Post #5,451 of 6,293
Has anyone tried Dekoni Audeze pads with Atrium? If so, how did you go about mounting/installing them? Heard someone mention this, but wasn't sure if the Dekoni pads would need to be attached with adhesive rings or not.

For best performance, stick to ZMF pads exclusively with ZMF headphones.

Dec 25, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #5,452 of 6,293

I think it was DMS video. see futher back in thread here (recently). but he had limited exposure rolling ZMF pads and there are so many options, I'd really try them first - so easy to swap around

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #5,453 of 6,293
For best performance, stick to ZMF pads exclusively with ZMF headphones.
Yeah I have 7-8 different ZMF pads, I just like to try random things for fun.

Dec 25, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #5,454 of 6,293
I think it was DMS video. see futher back in thread here (recently). but he had limited exposure rolling ZMF pads and there are so many options, I'd really try them first - so easy to swap around
Yep it was the 2023 Headphones.com ranking video. Piqued my curiosity 😅

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:03 PM Post #5,455 of 6,293
First Happy Holidays everyone!

Honestly don't know why I never really posted in this thread. Especially for my favorite ZMF by far and probably my most used headphone ever since I got it. I even picked up a second Atrium during ZMF november. Probably won't be selling my old one.

It is nearly perfect for my tastes. It could use a bit more treble but other than that I can't really complain about its tuning. It is ZMFs best tuning imo.

@zach915m I guess my Christmas gift this year is being able to listen to this HP this past weekend and it calming me down after my very stressful saturday night/sunday morning. Let's just say something really bad happened and we are lucky my brother wasn't hurt. So thank you for making either my favorite or second favorite HP ever.

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:28 PM Post #5,456 of 6,293
Well have to return to work tomorrow and who knows music may not sound this good come tomorrow but for last few days I have been enjoying Atrium like anything. I’m away from family due to work but Atrium has given me great company and is worth every penny. Good friend to have.

Pasithea -> Freya + Tube Buffer mode -> Bliss -> Atrium

Dec 25, 2023 at 10:48 PM Post #5,457 of 6,293
I'm listening now to the Atrium with the Decware/ZMF reference OTL, such a wonderful combination. Listening to it at the end of day is like having a desert at the end of a wonderful meal..

This old favorite acoustic track, with a beautiful male vocal and acousitc guitar, is just heavenly:

1703562429569.png

Dec 25, 2023 at 11:16 PM Post #5,458 of 6,293
and some 70s sweet funk.. peace ✌️

1703564122277.png

Dec 26, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #5,459 of 6,293
I picked up a headphone stand for my Redheart Atriums from Borkyworkshop on Etsy.
Headphone Stand 3.jpg
Headphone Stand 1.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2023 at 10:35 AM Post #5,460 of 6,293
First Happy Holidays everyone!

Honestly don't know why I never really posted in this thread. Especially for my favorite ZMF by far and probably my most used headphone ever since I got it. I even picked up a second Atrium during ZMF november. Probably won't be selling my old one.

It is nearly perfect for my tastes. It could use a bit more treble but other than that I can't really complain about its tuning. It is ZMFs best tuning imo.

@zach915m I guess my Christmas gift this year is being able to listen to this HP this past weekend and it calming me down after my very stressful saturday night/sunday morning. Let's just say something really bad happened and we are lucky my brother wasn't hurt. So thank you for making either my favorite or second favorite HP ever.
i wanted a bit more treble from my Atrium when I got it and tuned it thus: no mesh and either BE2 perf lamb or Caldera ultra perf pads. That combo of no mesh and very flat pads really opens up the treble on the Atrium while retaining that juicy bass slam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back