ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Aug 13, 2022 at 7:22 PM Post #2,386 of 6,166
Aug 13, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #2,387 of 6,166
I take the photos with professional lighting in a light box (with very expensive and nice equipment) , and color correct based on that lighting to the most realistic look I can get with the headphones next to me. I simply don't have time to take them in a myriad of lighting settings that you will see in person. I think there has to be an understanding that we are a professional retailer and manufacturer of headphones, and if you want to take professional photos of the same headphone you received, you will get professional results. If you take them with your phone in random daylit rooms, you will get other results. And that's how most of the time you will view them. Again expectations have to be set based on environment.

We want everyone to be really happy with their headphones, and if there's an issue, please email us directly.
I think all these sets are beautiful and I’m planning on ordering another atrium during Zmf November! In my opinion natural light will get you much more color accuracy. I work a job where color accuracy is quite important and that’s how we’re trained

Aug 13, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,388 of 6,166
Wow, it's incredible how wide and expansive the sound stage is with the Atrium's. I've been playing music through them all day via the GS-X Mk2, and finally had a chance to sit down and listen a bit. Right off the bat they are incredibly enjoyable. I can't wait to fire up the WA22 and give them a listen with some tubes. Well done @zach915m and team!

Aug 13, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #2,389 of 6,166
Found your order and sent you an email. Please respond to that and we can have a discussion there and make sure you're satisfied in email.
Thanks, just saw that.

I'll trade you my Atrium aged cherry with magnesium chasis and some cash! Lol. I normally don't like purple but those are beautiful!
Have your people call my people.

In my opinion natural light will get you much more color accuracy. I work a job where color accuracy is quite important and that’s how we’re trained
Agreed. I'm also viewing everything on the 2021 16" MacBook Pro which has a display that has 99% coverage of the DCI-P3 color space. It's pretty color accurate and darn close to true-to-life when viewed head on.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #2,390 of 6,166
I'll trade you my Atrium aged cherry with magnesium chasis and some cash! Lol. I normally don't like purple but those are beautiful!
FYI:
Don’t forget (I beleive) the lifetime guarantee of the drivers are only for the original owner.
Of course run that by Zach if swapping

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:04 PM Post #2,391 of 6,166
All these stabilized sets look truly amazing, awesome to have so much variety to choose from.

That said... I've not felt a twinge of regret regarding my Aged Cherry set :)

I've had it for weeks and still feel like I'm discovering it... a large part of that being upgrading my amp recently and re-exploring everything again. It scales endlessly and I don't want to get into hyperbole but it just matches my tastes and what I'm looking for perfectly - sublime vocals, extended yet non-fatiguing treble [though readers do take note, the Atrium pairs beautifully with tubes but it does, for better or worse, respond quite a lot to tube rolls (though it may also be the Euforia)], and kick-ass bass with an incredibly immersive soundstage.

A visual work of art matched by masterful musicality.

PS: When tube rolling please be sure to match your whiskey for optimal synergy - the whole chain matters! :ksc75smile:

setup-5-LR.jpgsetup-4-LR.jpgsetup-3-LR.jpg

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #2,392 of 6,166
When tube rolling please be sure to match your whiskey for optimal synergy - the whole chain matters! :ksc75smile:

Just tried it.. the impact of whiskey on soundstage height is undeniable! blown away (literally:wink:..)

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #2,393 of 6,166
Just tried it.. the impact of whiskey on soundstage height is undeniable! blown away (literally:wink:..)
Absolutely, don't forget how Islay whiskeys warm up the whole signature while Highland ones can be a bit more neutral yet still buttery smooth 😜

Aug 13, 2022 at 11:19 PM Post #2,394 of 6,166
Absolutely, don't forget how Islay whiskeys warm up the whole signature while Highland ones can be a bit more neutral yet still buttery smooth 😜
or Speyside peatiness enhancing bass texture :wink:

Aug 14, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #2,395 of 6,166
Raise your hand if you see purple here... 🖐

Not at all, right? It's clearly a shade of brown in this picture. Let's check the actual color (RGB)...

Yep, that's brown alright...same as the text in the marketing label. So, why am I asking?

This thing is PURPLE. What the...? And you might be thinking "Are you sure? It looks like you just put it in certain lighting to make it look purple." Nope:

Wow...feeling pretty bamboozled right about now. You'd think someone would've had the foresight (and 5-7 seconds it takes) to list the color on a pair of three-thousand dollar headphones. I'm not mad, just disappointed. When spending this type of money on something, especially when it's not cancelable or returnable, it better be well represented BEFORE the time of purchase.

Now to find a buyer out there who likes purple...
Also may be interested if you haven't come to a deal. Aged cherry coming and they haven't shipped yet, so may be easier to maintain warranties and they may be able to ship direct to you. Can PM you...

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 11:51 AM Post #2,396 of 6,166
All these stabilized sets look truly amazing, awesome to have so much variety to choose from.

That said... I've not felt a twinge of regret regarding my Aged Cherry set :)

I've had it for weeks and still feel like I'm discovering it... a large part of that being upgrading my amp recently and re-exploring everything again. It scales endlessly and I don't want to get into hyperbole but it just matches my tastes and what I'm looking for perfectly - sublime vocals, extended yet non-fatiguing treble [though readers do take note, the Atrium pairs beautifully with tubes but it does, for better or worse, respond quite a lot to tube rolls (though it may also be the Euforia)], and kick-ass bass with an incredibly immersive soundstage.

A visual work of art matched by masterful musicality.

PS: When tube rolling please be sure to match your whiskey for optimal synergy - the whole chain matters! :ksc75smile:

I agree on the Aged Cherry. I have those as well and man I love all of the new sets, especially the cocobolo, but even if given the opportunity to trade, I don't think I could let my current set go. If I decide I really want something else, I'll just have to own 2 Atriums.

Great photos, BTW, and those are great tubes!

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2022 at 9:12 PM Post #2,397 of 6,166
Personally I prefer the more natural looking standard wood and LTD wood choices that are selected, however I respect the craftsmanship and creativity that goes into making all of the stabilized sets. To each his own :)

Aug 14, 2022 at 9:50 PM Post #2,398 of 6,166
Personally I prefer the more natural looking standard wood and LTD wood choices that are selected, however I respect the craftsmanship and creativity that goes into making all of the stabilized sets. To each his own :)
Generally agree with you, but …

The pics @galileaux posted are gorgeous — I’d be thrilled to own those.

Aug 14, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,399 of 6,166
Hello,

Just out of curiosity.
How do the Stabilzed versions of the Atria sound?
They are harder than what has been published so far - all LTD were softer in comparison.

It will probably make a bit of a difference to the sound, despite the new damping system.

Aug 14, 2022 at 10:25 PM Post #2,400 of 6,166
Hello,

Just out of curiosity.
How do the Stabilzed versions of the Atria sound?
They are harder than what has been published so far - all LTD were softer in comparison.

It will probably make a bit of a difference to the sound, despite the new damping system.
Probably close to the Macassar Ebony sets, which would most likely be harder than the stabilized sets.

I believe Zach said most of the stabilized sets are oak and maple. Stabilization can roughly double the hardness depending on the dyes used, so on the high end you'd still be in the upper 2000's or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back