ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Jul 10, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #1,636 of 6,361
Tonights listening

20220710_214301.jpg

20220710_214415.jpg

rolled in a pair of Ken Rad 6J5 and a pair of Tung Sol 7802 (unobtanium) in the Glacier
In the Lampi we have a USAF 596 and a pair of Gold Lion KT77

One of the better tune combos I've rolled in awhile. Very deep stage, and great imaging...oh and lots o' bass

For tunes, im rocking some Eilen Jewell

Jul 10, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #1,637 of 6,361
Tonights listening

rolled in a pair of Ken Rad 6J5 and a pair of Tung Sol 7802 (unobtanium) in the Glacier

One of the better tune combos I've rolled in awhile. Very deep stage, and great imaging...oh and lots o' bass

Very nice monster, I see the security cage is down, is that permanent or just temporary. Interesting tube pairing. What are your thoughts
on that roll?

Got a little more resolution, neutrality(still are sweeter and warmer, but more subtly so) and snappier bass with my National Unions by tinkering with my homemade driver tube dampers. Those changes and the already mentioned lower noise floor is making it really tough to choose between the National Union 6J5GT's or the GEC L 63"s. Probably need another 50 hours to make sure the NU's are burned. But its leaning NU now. Very interesting and unexpected.

Love that Lampi Glowing!

Happy listening
jgwtriode

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #1,638 of 6,361
Very nice monster, I see the security cage is down, is that permanent or just temporary. Interesting tube pairing. What are your thoughts
on that roll? Got a little more resolution, neutrality(still are sweeter and warmer, but more subtley so) and snappier bass with my National Unions by tinkering with my homemade driver tube dampers. Those changes and the already mentioned lower noise floor is making it really tough to chose between the National Union 6J5GT's or the GEC L 63"s. Probably need another 50 hours to make sure the NU's are burned. But its leaning NU now. Very interesting and unexpected.

Happy listening
jgwtriode
Nah, my tiger shark is asleep next to me where I can keep an eye on him, so I rolled the puppy prison back just for the evening.

Glad you're liking the NU 6J5s. I have three pair and all sound different but great. I think one pair are rebranded Sylvanias

This is a great sounding tube combo. The mids are a bit less forward, giving the 3Dness room to stretch out. The 596, Ken Rads and 7802s are all +bass tubes. I tossed this roll tiogether not expecting more than bass and was pleasantly surprised at the overall sound. Lots of liquidity going on, which is a bit shocking as the 7802s lean to the "solid state sound" side of things. When I had rolled in the 7802s previously they didnt impress me much when I had a WWll era RCA or Brimar rectifiers in my DAC, but with the USAF 596 in the rectifier slot, it totally has synergy with the tung Sols.... so as always, YMMV.

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #1,639 of 6,361
Looks like some nice things are heading our way... :astonished:

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 12.17.38 AM.png

Jul 11, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #1,640 of 6,361
Looks like some nice things are heading our way... :astonished:

Zach, you should have posted a disclaimer before this video:

WARNING: This video may cause extreme perspiration. You might need to take a shower immediately after viewing. ZMF Headphones will not be held responsible or liable in any way for your odoriferous emanations.

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #1,642 of 6,361
Omg, this lineup is lit🔥🔥. Makes me think i should have waited before ordering the standard atrium 😅

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #1,643 of 6,361
I can easily see competitions will be very intensive on 15th and 17th. Wish for the best luck to those who are willing to snag Atrium this time around.

1657518439822.png

Btw I really like the new ruby-color chassis. That must be a perfect visual match with all red-tone exotic woods (Cocobolo surely included)!

Jul 11, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #1,645 of 6,361
Omg, this lineup is lit🔥🔥. Makes me think i should have waited before ordering the standard atrium 😅
I was thinking the same thing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I still love my aged cherry Atrium, but...

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,646 of 6,361
Watched their video this morning, and holy mackerel. The two-tone stabilized/resin designs are absolute fire, and cocobolo + Atrium = stunning.

Jul 11, 2022 at 9:46 AM Post #1,647 of 6,361
Tonights listening

20220710_214301.jpg

20220710_214415.jpg

Killer pic, that looks like a super fun listening session :)

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #1,648 of 6,361
Tonights listening

20220710_214301.jpg

20220710_214415.jpg

Beautiful gear!

Never heard of Eilen Jewell. Great stuff. Sounds like her vocals are somehow grafted on the original Creedence Clearwater Band, plus some country studio players. Nice!

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #1,649 of 6,361
Owner of three ZMFs (even had a fourth), loved the video, amazing how they keep innovating, and always wish them the greatest continued success...

But am I the only one who wishes (and I know my wish counts for nothing and should count for nothing here, because I am just expressing a personal feeling) they'd stay away from getting too fancy with the colors? All the different colors of the natural wood with the different lacquer finishes are beautiful and I find that that's what ZMF is about. It creates an organic feel about the entire ZMF line-up.

Then moving into Rosson Audio type coloring something is a bit lost. Same with the red-ish chassis and leather straps, etc. I find them beautiful units but slightly less ZMF-y, slightly less natural looking. I think I'm just getting old. :) Only posting knowing that I am wrong but to see if anyone else feels wrong with me.

Jul 11, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #1,650 of 6,361
Owner of three ZMFs (even had a fourth), loved the video, amazing how they keep innovating, and always wish them the greatest continued success...

But am I the only one who wishes (and I know my wish counts for nothing and should count for nothing here, because I am just expressing a personal feeling) they'd stay away from getting too fancy with the colors? All the different colors of the natural wood with the different lacquer finishes are beautiful and I find that that's what ZMF is about. It creates an organic feel about the entire ZMF line-up.

Then moving into Rosson Audio type coloring something is a bit lost. Same with the red-ish chassis and leather straps, etc. I find them beautiful units but slightly less ZMF-y, slightly less natural looking. I think I'm just getting old. :) Only posting knowing that I am wrong but to see if anyone else feels wrong with me.
I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back