ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
May 26, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #1,006 of 6,229
Agree, BE2 seems perfect for me to when use with Verite
BE2 hybrids are notable warmer and have a bass boost than the be2 lambskins on the VO.
My personal favourites.

I can't compare yet with the Atrium sadly🥲

May 26, 2022 at 2:28 PM Post #1,007 of 6,229
BE2 hybrids are notable warmer and have a bass boost than the be2 lambskins on the VO.
My personal favourites.

I can't compare yet with the Atrium sadly🥲
I see, haven't tried the hybrid yet, but leather is already warm enough for me, in some cases sometimes a little too warm haha. That's when verite pad come to play.

Anyway, pardon for another picture:

2022_0523_21091900.jpg

Just a touch of harsh light enough to make strong contrast in rose gold grill and koa texture.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 3:47 PM Post #1,009 of 6,229
I hear you, its been almost 6 weeks for me, and it still says it in the Wood Selection/Machining part of the build.
You will receive your shipping notice soon.
I did order some days ago...I'm still on starting position 🥲 but no worries my other 4 ZMFs smooth the pain when reading this forum.

I see, haven't tried the hybrid yet, but leather is already warm enough for me, in some cases sometimes a little too warm haha. That's when verite pad come to play.
You should give them a try.
Combined with warm tubes they gave me goosebumps today 🔥

https://www.audiodiscourse.com/2021/01/zmf-verite-review.html?m=1
This review made me notice the hybrids are quite different.

Your pictures are amazing.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 3:50 PM Post #1,010 of 6,229

2022_0523_21091900.jpg

Just a touch of harsh light enough to make strong contrast in rose gold grill and koa texture.
I do not find them to be warm for me. I needed the hybrid to calm the treble a bit and that seems to have done the trick. I still need to spend more time listening to them but so far Hybrid Universal P are my choice.
BTW great looking set, and great choice in rose gold. Clearly the superior option.

May 26, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #1,011 of 6,229
20220525_104812.jpg
Just got it 2 days ago..burn in time
Now abt 30 hours, it starts to open up, mid fuller, bass deeper. Treble too but still in the warm side.

Midrange is the strength of Atrium. Cans that easily make people fall in love with.
That headphone is flat-out gorgeous. I don't know what metal that is, but the screen really comes alive with it.

May 26, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #1,012 of 6,229
The order numbers include everything we sell, including accessories, parts etc etc.

So no unfortunately we haven't been that successful haha. But we are happy a decent number of people will getting to enjoy Atriums. Hopefully someday we will learn to do the handmade process faster.

All orders in now should ship by the end of May I believe at latest.

Zach was hoping on Apr 24 (above) that all orders in by that date would be out by the end of May. Just want to note to those waiting that perhaps they have additional delays. My order was in well before that date and I just got the sanding e-mail today. Hoping for end of June now.

May 26, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #1,013 of 6,229
Zach was hoping on Apr 24 (above) that all orders in by that date would be out by the end of May. Just want to note to those waiting that perhaps they have additional delays. My order was in well before that date and I just got the sanding e-mail today. Hoping for end of June now.
Same.

My order was from Apr 14th and I also just got the email saying its being sanded. Hoping for a end of may delivery but i dont think thats looking realistic at the moment. But waiting for a ZMF headphone is also part of the appeal and it, almost all the time, ends up being well worth it.

May 26, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,014 of 6,229

We had a couple minor production issues come up, nothing major, but everyone's order through April 17th likely will be shipped within the next 10-14 days. And then other orders soon-there-after. We will definitely be well within the 6-12 week timeline, sorry for any false hope if you do end up getting the headphone in June, promise we are working hard!

Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
May 26, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #1,015 of 6,229
We had a couple minor production issues come up, nothing major, but everyone's order through April 17th likely will be shipped within the next 10-14 days. And then other orders soon-there-after. We will definitely be well within the 6-12 week timeline, sorry for any false hope if you do end up getting the headphone in June, promise we are working hard!

Appreciate the update, Zach. And also appreciate the hard work that goes into making these and getting them just right.

May 26, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #1,016 of 6,229
Just checked Instagram. I'm happy Zach finally got a hold of macassar ebony. Funny thing, about over a year ago I had wondered if he was eventually going to get some of that wood. At the time I asked if he was interested in using that with Atticus and Eikon. I think I also asked if he was going to someday get snakewood as well. Can't wait to see which one gets the ebony wood. Seeing that makes me hopeful that someday we might see them in that nice looking snakewood.
Ebony is a great wood, it makes me wish I wasn't so broke so I could buy an Ebony VC.

May 26, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #1,017 of 6,229

2022_0523_21091900.jpg

I need to send you my gear for glamor shots. Ha. Absolutely stunning!

May 26, 2022 at 8:41 PM Post #1,018 of 6,229
That headphone is flat-out gorgeous. I don't know what metal that is, but the screen really comes alive with it.
Polished brass

May 26, 2022 at 8:48 PM Post #1,019 of 6,229
May 26, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #1,020 of 6,229
They. Have. ARRIVED!! But before a quick write up, I'll give you what you want first with the pictures :)

Atrium1.jpeg
Atrium2.jpeg
Atrium3.jpeg
Atrium4.jpeg

OK, now before I move on to a bit of a sound test (need way more time with them before I can do a full review) I wanted to begin with a bit of an "oops" on my part :ksc75smile:. When I was ordering the Atrium's, I thought the option to purchase with the "leather strap & suede pad" was actually talking fully about the headband. As you can see with my VC, I have a leather headband with a suede strap right below it and this is what I thought I was ordering when selecting this option with the Atrium. Woops, I actually had ordered the suede version of the stock earpads instead. Luckily my secondary earpads were the Auteur Lambskins that I'm used to on my VC.

After listening to the Suede Universe Pads, I was digging the Atriums but the treble was too much for my liking and the bass wasn't where I like it to be in quantity/impact. Although I read pad rolling is a pain in the ass, I decided I needed to make my first attempt at it and get the Auteur Lambskins on. After watching Zach's video on YouTube, it was actually pretty dang easy and not as frustrating as I had been expecting. EVERYTHING changed at this point. I felt like I was right back at home with the ZMF sound signature that I absolutely love. The treble calmed down and smoothed, the bass came back and I was left with a sound signature much more to my liking.

As I mentioned before, I will need a lot more time to really test these bad boys out but so far I will agree with the differences everyone has already mentioned between the VC's and the Atriums. They compliment each other absolutely perfectly. The mids and vocals on the Atrium - wow wow wow. Yes, rock and metal and that type of music definitely feels more suited for the Atriums on first pass to a very comfortable degree. Just sounds more natural and present in those types of songs. Obviously sound stage is above and beyond the VC as well. The bass is very, very impressive for an open back and while it doesn't surround you the way it might on the VC, there is ample amount of slam and presence in the bass.

That's it for now - I will be back for more when I log many more hours on 'em :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back