ZMF Atrium - new open-back co-flagship
Apr 1, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #76 of 6,193
I can't find the link rn, but I believe Zach said there is a new mesh between (brightness wise) the Aeolus & Auteur mesh which will be stock on the Atrium if there are no notes. He will install either mesh if a customer prefers though. I think the pics you're referring to are the new mesh.
Yep, those are the stock mesh.

Apr 2, 2022 at 12:21 AM Post #77 of 6,193
Now that Zach has made it official that an Atrium Closed is in the works, I can finally stop the internal debate in my head about buying an Atrium while the discount is in place. I’m going to stick with the Manchurian Ash Auteur as my open-back ZMF and patiently await the Atrium Closed to round out my collection.

@zach915m Is there a tentative release date for the Atrium Closed, and can you do us a all a huge favor and divulge what the stock wood will be?

Apr 2, 2022 at 12:26 AM Post #78 of 6,193
Now that Zach has made it official that an Atrium Closed is in the works, I can finally stop the internal debate in my head about buying an Atrium while the discount is in place. I’m going to stick with the Manchurian Ash Auteur as my open-back ZMF and patiently await the Atrium Closed to round out my collection.

@zach915m Is there a tentative release date for the Atrium Closed, and can you do us a all a huge favor and divulge what the stock wood will be?
No release date yet, likely, q4 2022 or q1 2023 though.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Apr 2, 2022 at 1:17 PM Post #79 of 6,193
Hi everyone! I have been devouring all material on this headphone and I’m so excited to receive and compare them to the VC. I just noticed on the purchase page that the new Titan Mesh with smaller holes looks installed on the last 2 pictures. Does anyone know if all first orders will have this installed if not specified when ordering? Also, in hopes of not waiting for a build I checked out within minutes of the order page going live. Any idea how many first units are already built? I’d hate to bug Zach with an email as I’m sure things are very busy at the headquarters with the new orders.

Thanks in advance with anyone with insider info!
Shout-out to a ZMF fan in Alberta!

Apr 2, 2022 at 5:33 PM Post #81 of 6,193
Not sure of a better way to keep your ears warm on a cold winters day than with a pair of ZMF’s and a scotch in hand! Wish this headphone was released a few months back in the dead of winter. Glad I had the VC’s on hand for the job:)
VC are definitely better for isolation and ear warmth.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:46 AM Post #82 of 6,193
No release date yet, likely, q4 2022 or q1 2023 though.
Yes!!! I have already started saving for this one, and can't wait to add a 3rd ZMF closed back to my collection. :grin: Thanks for sharing this info!

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #84 of 6,193
I have received my Atrium yesterday, but I will wait a few days before posting my impressions because I don't want to be influenced too much by the "new toy syndrome".

As a spoiler, I can tell you that they they have the potential to become my favorite ZMF headphones. To my ears, the Atrium sound like an hybrid version of the Aeolus and the Auteur, but with 90/95% of the technicalities of the VC.

FbiCjNf.jpg

CfIEEqT.jpg

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #85 of 6,193
I have received my Atrium yesterday, but I will wait a few days before posting my impressions because I don't want to be influenced too much by the "new toy syndrome".

As a spoiler, I can tell you that they they have the potential to become my favorite ZMF headphones. To my ears, the Atrium sound like an hybrid version of the Aeolus and the Auteur, but with 90/95% of the technicalities of the VC.

FbiCjNf.jpg

CfIEEqT.jpg
Nice! I like your tube choice as well, and from what I have read so far about the Atrium's sound, that Sylvania 6SN7 with it's airy treble should really pair well.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #87 of 6,193

They look amazing! I ordered the black grilled version as well!! What was your order number by chance. Trying to gauge if I’ve made the first cut or not. Seems like I have slow fingers with order number 7741…happy listening!

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #89 of 6,193
Just got my Atrium Koa ordered! Gonna go perfectly with my VC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back