ZMF Atrium Closed
May 23, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #3,182 of 3,270
@zach915m any more AC stabilized drops coming soon? I missed out on the last one :slight_frown:
Zach mentioned in another thread he has a small drop coming on the 31st but did not specify what models.

I would keep an eye on the website, and it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the ZMF YT channel.

May 24, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #3,183 of 3,270
Zach mentioned in another thread he has a small drop coming on the 31st but did not specify what models.

I would keep an eye on the website, and it's probably a good idea to keep an eye on the ZMF YT channel.

Would be cool to see a Blackwood or Macassar Ebony AC

May 25, 2024 at 11:20 PM Post #3,184 of 3,270
I went to audition the Cayin HA-2A and HA-3A, and Holo audio May+ Bliss
Surprisingly I loved the 2A better than 3A on the AC
The May+Bliss was just WOW, crazy resolution, very good timbre and good sound stage. I feel the treble extension have room for improvement.

I'm happy to now realized my Lampizator Big7 is still way ahead of the May
but the Bliss maybe a good pairing with Lampi dac (just maybe)

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 11:48 PM Post #3,185 of 3,270
I went to audition the Cayin HA-2A and HA-3A, and Holo audio May+ Bliss
Surprisingly I loved the 2A better than 3A on the AC
The May+Bliss was just WOW, crazy resolution, very good timbre and good sound stage. I feel the treble extension have room for improvement.

I'm happy to now realized my Lampizator Big7 is still way ahead of the May
but the Bliss maybe a good pairing with Lampi dac (just maybe)
Interesting. What made you love the 2A over the 3A? I know the stock tubes are REALLY good on the 2A… and you actually could go without “rolling” The 3A… not so much. Rolling on the 3A seems encouraged ?

May 25, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #3,186 of 3,270
Interesting. What made you love the 2A over the 3A? I know the stock tubes are REALLY good on the 2A… and you actually could go without “rolling” The 3A… not so much. Rolling on the 3A seems encouraged ?
The 3A tested didn't have stock tubes on it, the owner said he tube rolled quite a lot and ended with the sound he most liked. But I forgot what tubes he had on.

Just the overall sound presentation on the 2A was more suitable for the smooth jazz track that I tested, the bass was fuller with good texture. Timbre on the double bass was more realistic for me (as I play bass myself), treble extension was better on the 3A and I can tell it can handle the faster transition slightly better. But all those technicalities is not always what I'm after.

So I think I would go for 2A for a certain type of genre, then just switch to solid state amp for other types of genre.

May 26, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #3,187 of 3,270
The 3A tested didn't have stock tubes on it, the owner said he tube rolled quite a lot and ended with the sound he most liked. But I forgot what tubes he had on.

Just the overall sound presentation on the 2A was more suitable for the smooth jazz track that I tested, the bass was fuller with good texture. Timbre on the double bass was more realistic for me (as I play bass myself), treble extension was better on the 3A and I can tell it can handle the faster transition slightly better. But all those technicalities is not always what I'm after.

So I think I would go for 2A for a certain type of genre, then just switch to solid state amp for other types of genre.
Nice. Makes sense!

May 27, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #3,188 of 3,270
I just picked up a pair of ACs and they came with the stock caldera thin pads and auteur suede solid. So far, I’m preferring the suedes as they smooth out the bass. I see they a lot of people also like the caldera suedes. Does anyone know how the auteur suede solid compares to the caldera suede? I’m trying to determine if they’re different enough and haven’t found that comparison yet.

May 27, 2024 at 12:03 PM Post #3,189 of 3,270
I just picked up a pair of ACs and they came with the stock caldera thin pads and auteur suede solid. So far, I’m preferring the suedes as they smooth out the bass. I see they a lot of people also like the caldera suedes. Does anyone know how the auteur suede solid compares to the caldera suede? I’m trying to determine if they’re different enough and haven’t found that comparison yet.
I like Auteur better for both Atriums

May 27, 2024 at 3:18 PM Post #3,190 of 3,270
have a set of caldera suedes used for 4 hrs ..I prefer the thin lamb

May 27, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #3,191 of 3,270
The Auteur Suede pads are nice, with good tonality and dynamics. They do however reduce the staging by a decent amount. It's a more intimate, closed back sound, which can be a nice change up for certain music IMO.

May 27, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #3,192 of 3,270
The Auteur Suede pads are nice, with good tonality and dynamics. They do however reduce the staging by a decent amount. It's a more intimate, closed back sound, which can be a nice change up for certain music IMO.
This is why I never looked back once I got the Bokeh suede. They have one more edge (outer) that's solid than the Caldera, but same shape and larger stage than the Auteur with little loss of bass vs. the lambskin stock pads. Have them on both my ACs. When I get the ones for the Caldera Closed I'll try those too.

May 27, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #3,193 of 3,270
This is why I never looked back once I got the Bokeh suede. They have one more edge (outer) that's solid than the Caldera, but same shape and larger stage than the Auteur with little loss of bass vs. the lambskin stock pads. Have them on both my ACs. When I get the ones for the Caldera Closed I'll try those too.
I'll have to try the Bokeh suede's on sometime. My poor AC has been sadly neglected with the BO/CC releases.

May 27, 2024 at 10:29 PM Post #3,194 of 3,270
I'll have to try the Bokeh suede's on sometime. My poor AC has been sadly neglected with the BO/CC releases.

Completely understandable, can't help but to wonder - have you got an AC Pad comparison write-up in the pipeline?

May 27, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #3,195 of 3,270
Completely understandable, can't help but to wonder - have you got an AC Pad comparison write-up in the pipeline?
I should do that, especially now there's more viable pad options for the AC. At launch there were just a handful of pads that worked really well with the AC, but supposedly that's changed with the introduction of the Bokeh pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back