ZMF Atrium Closed
Nov 29, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #2,416 of 3,216
Well other than I asked my wife politely if she had been rough with my headphones. That was not well received.

:laughing:.....Note to self

Nov 29, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #2,417 of 3,216
Has anyone had the ear cup pop off the swivel?

PXL_20231129_011936317.jpg
I had a similar issue with my Atticus years ago. For mine, the bolt stayed on the gimbal but had unscrewed itself from the wood, so the ear cup started flopping around on my head. scared the crap out of me, but thankfully caused no damage. I put a drop of silicon on the bolt when screwing it back in and it hasn't budged since.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #2,418 of 3,216
A&K KANN Max and AC is a match made in heaven. Especially with Super Gain. Drives them to perfection. Unbelievable portable solution.

Nov 30, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #2,419 of 3,216
A&K KANN Max and AC is a match made in heaven. Especially with Super Gain. Drives them to perfection. Unbelievable portable solution.
Very curious how it compares with ibasso dx300, which drives AC very well already

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:02 PM Post #2,420 of 3,216
Very curious how it compares with ibasso dx300, which drives AC very well already
The KANN Max has more power but I haven't heard the DX300. The KANN line-up is more bass focused out of the A&K players. It's a phenomenal synergy.

Not sure if more people need to hear the Atrium Closed or just need a pad swap but these are some of the most exciting headphones I've ever heard. Definitely the most complete closed back I've heard and my favorite tuning out of the ZMF's that I've owned so far. My Caldera arrives on Monday so that might give these a run for their money but so far the AC experience is wonderful.

Nov 30, 2023 at 7:11 PM Post #2,421 of 3,216
"Lady Masako" from the Ghost of Tsushima Soundtrack with the Suede Pads. Wow!

I'm in tears here. @zach915m You've put some crazy soul into these. I'm absolutely floored with them.

Ghost.jpg

Nov 30, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #2,422 of 3,216
The KANN Max has more power but I haven't heard the DX300. The KANN line-up is more bass focused out of the A&K players. It's a phenomenal synergy.

Not sure if more people need to hear the Atrium Closed or just need a pad swap but these are some of the most exciting headphones I've ever heard. Definitely the most complete closed back I've heard and my favorite tuning out of the ZMF's that I've owned so far. My Caldera arrives on Monday so that might give these a run for their money but so far the AC experience is wonderful.
Thanks for posting your experience with your ACs - it's increasing my excitement to hear mine when I get them. Like you, I also got a Caldera.

Nov 30, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #2,423 of 3,216
Thanks for posting your experience with your ACs - it's increasing my excitement to hear mine when I get them. Like you, I also got a Caldera.
I’m absolutely loving them. I liked the Eikon & VC but the Atrium Closed is on another level of enjoyment. It’s as if Zach tuned them exactly to my personal preferences.

Caldera arrives on Monday so I’m having a hell of a wrap to the year.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:00 PM Post #2,424 of 3,216
Apologies if this has already been covered, but for those of you who have listed to the ACs on both solid state and OTL amps, which have you preferred and how does the experience differ on each?

On an totally unrelated note, I've been using the suede pads, which I really like, but for some reason they don't want to stay put. They rotate far too easily and are constantly coming off. It doesn't make sense that a pad type could be responsilbe for this, but it's been happening to me nonetheless.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #2,425 of 3,216
… for those of you who have listed to the ACs on both solid state and OTL amps, which have you preferred and how does the experience differ on each?
Well, how do ya like bass? 😈

If you want the bass to be a more controlled and tight, a lower output impedance SS amp might be better aligned.

If you enjoy that lovely decay and bass punch, OTL. It also changes the staging/imaging a bit, but that can vary from amp to amp.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #2,426 of 3,216
I'm a basshead, and can't believe how satisfying the bass is on the AC. When I read it excelled at subbass, I thought, well I don't care that much about subbass, I'm more of a midbass punch guy, but now I realize I'd just been missing the subbass all along. While I love my VCs, I now realize there is a whole lower register I didn't even realize wasn't there until I heard the ACs.

The bass on the ACs is just so heavy and thick, I absolutely love it.

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #2,427 of 3,216
While I love my VCs, I now realize there is a whole lower register I didn't even realize wasn't there until I heard the ACs.

The bass on the ACs is just so heavy and thick, I absolutely love it.
As an Eikon fan/owner, my main pet peeve with my VCs was the limitations in the lowest frequencies. I was looking to the AC to be the “marriage” of more technical details like the VC with the sub bass goodness of the Eikon.

I was NOT disappointed. Woohoo! 🥳
:L3000:

Dec 1, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #2,428 of 3,216
As an Eikon fan/owner, my main pet peeve with my VCs was the limitations in the lowest frequencies. I was looking to the AC to be the “marriage” of more technical details like the VC with the sub bass goodness of the Eikon.

I was NOT disappointed. Woohoo! 🥳
:L3000:
And what are you amping it with?

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:08 PM Post #2,429 of 3,216
Main rig:
  • Woo Audio WA2 (OTL amp) with Tung-Sol 5998 power tubes/RFT EZ-81 foil-getter rectifier tubes/Telefunken G73R input tubes
  • Ray Samuels Audio The Apache (solid-state dual-mono amp)
Work desk:
  • Sony WM1A DAP

Dec 1, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #2,430 of 3,216

The AC is end game with Cayin HA-3A as well. And if you're into solid state its phenomenal with Questyle CMA Fifteen as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back