ZMF Atrium Closed
Jul 12, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #1,546 of 3,270
BellForest website has it down as 950. The link provides the cherry score and a lot of other woods as well.

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #1,547 of 3,270
As promised some hardness/janka info for friday:
WoodDesityChart4.0.jpg

Release will be at 10am CST // 3PM UST

The Bimble Box, and Red Mallee are extremely limited. The Brown Mallee we have like 20 or so sets and then the Camphor and the rest I was a hoarder and we have quite a bit of wood. All of the wood is stunning examples of each as I hand picked through all of it and it's awesome stuff.

Page is up as well here: https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/hot-cup-summer

Specs of each here, a few sets of "Bimble Box Burl" will be added in the next few days as well.

AtriumClosed_BurlsShopify4.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify5.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify6.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify7.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify8.jpg
So will we see Walnut Burl, Atrium open, Atrium closed and Caldera?

Jul 12, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #1,548 of 3,270
BellForest website has it down as 950. The link provides the cherry score and a lot of other woods as well.

ah very cool! so then cherry and camphor are about the same while olivewood is slightly harder than Red mallee but less than the Bimple!

Jul 12, 2023 at 6:55 AM Post #1,549 of 3,270
So will we see Walnut Burl, Atrium open, Atrium closed and Caldera?
It would be a real tragedy to cut away so much beautiful wood for an open back headphone. :astonished::wink:

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #1,550 of 3,270
It would be a real tragedy to cut away so much beautiful wood for an open back headphone. :astonished::wink:
Don't they do it on every open back they offer?

Jul 12, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #1,552 of 3,270
Jul 12, 2023 at 2:19 PM Post #1,553 of 3,270
As promised some hardness/janka info for friday:
WoodDesityChart4.0.jpg

Release will be at 10am CST // 3PM UST

The Bimble Box, and Red Mallee are extremely limited. The Brown Mallee we have like 20 or so sets and then the Camphor and the rest I was a hoarder and we have quite a bit of wood. All of the wood is stunning examples of each as I hand picked through all of it and it's awesome stuff.

Page is up as well here: https://shop.zmfheadphones.com/collections/hot-cup-summer

Specs of each here, a few sets of "Bimble Box Burl" will be added in the next few days as well.

AtriumClosed_BurlsShopify4.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify5.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify6.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify7.jpgAtriumClosed_BurlsShopify8.jpg
Thank you for the update, Zach! I loooove the figuring of burl and am so excited you and the team are making these!

With my luck, it’s earlier than my budget allows me to buy an AC (Jan 2024 is my plan), but I trust there will be ongoing cool releases of ACs… 😁

Jul 12, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #1,554 of 3,270
With my luck, it’s earlier than my budget allows me to buy an AC (Jan 2024 is my plan), but I trust there will be ongoing cool releases of ACs… 😁
Hats off to your patience / self control.

After hearing the AO at canjam NYC in Feb, I learned about ZMF November and my plan was to get one during that event. But then the Olive AC came in April and I caved and got it.
Now the plan is to save up for either a Caldera or AO during ZMF November but now this coming Summer of Burl is making it real tough 😅

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,555 of 3,270
Hats off to your patience / self control.

…But then the Olive AC came in April and I caved and got it.
Well, it helps that my (generous) employer has a program where I can get hobby-related costs reimbursed, so I can get part of an AC covered by my employer. 😊❤️

But I used up this calendar year’s money (partially on a VC purchase) already, so I will need to wait until early January to be eligible for reimbursement.

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #1,556 of 3,270
Well, it helps that my (generous) employer has a program where I can get hobby-related costs reimbursed, so I can get part of an AC covered by my employer. 😊❤️

But I used up this calendar year’s money (partially on a VC purchase) already, so I will need to wait until early January to be eligible for reimbursement.
Is your employer hiring? 😁

(only half-joking; big tech layoffs suck)

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:29 PM Post #1,557 of 3,270
Jul 12, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,558 of 3,270
Well, it helps that my (generous) employer has a program where I can get hobby-related costs reimbursed
Wow! That is unbelievably cool. I had to double check that you hadn't moved to Europe.

Jul 12, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #1,559 of 3,270
Jul 12, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #1,560 of 3,270
Wow! That is unbelievably cool. I had to double check that you hadn't moved to Europe.
Yes, it seems like a very European thing to support work-life balance and mental health (I don’t know about you all, but music helps keep me balanced mentally/emotionally)… but Microsoft isn’t your average employer. I consider myself very fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back