ZMF Atrium Closed
May 30, 2024 at 2:17 AM Post #3,211 of 3,213
I really like the AO for games and movies. The AC would be even better with its elevated sub-bass. Not that the VC is lacking sub-bass but the AC does rumble a bit more.
For video games I really like using the Bokeh.

For movies I use the Elite with the angled Alcantara pads for the soundstage depth and width that makes it sound like you're in a movie theater.

May 30, 2024 at 11:17 AM Post #3,212 of 3,213
Well well well this is going to be a very sentimental post.

I couldn't really extract the beauty of the ac purpuratus with my potato phone camera.
But in person they really look fantastic.

IMG-20240530-WA0009.jpg

I will try later on with a real camera and different positions to avoid reflections.

Sound wise they did really have a wow effect on me.
I am very surprised by the bass quality, quantity and also the treable. The soundstage and sound presentation is very special and unique for a closed back.

Being now an owner of 3 zmf headphones. Caldera Open, Atrium Open and Atrium Closed, I can really say I have love for each of them. They share same house sound which is enchanting. But they are different enough for my moods and music styles I listen.
The caldera is fast, detailed, resolving and very engaging.
The atrium open feels very natural, relaxed and really shines with vocals and instruments.
The atrium closed are just visceral and vicious. I have been 8 hours straight listening my favourite Berlin techno tracks.

After a working week in Berlin and entering Berghain at the weekend for a good marathon. When I picked up the plain and arrive home to see my new headphones and listen the music at such satisfying level. Oh boy. No words can describe the feelings.

All I can say is thanks ZMF, thanks Zack, thanks music and danke schön Berlin.

May 30, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #3,213 of 3,213
Okay...
I looked up a few AC reviews and decided to buy an AC this November.
I actually really like the look of the CC, but it's a bit out of my budget :frowning2:

Don't feel like you're getting less of a headphone, you will definitely enjoy it and not miss out! Especially if you go tubes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back