ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
Mar 21, 2024 at 3:48 PM Post #2,956 of 3,119
There's not another pad that sounds just like the Suede in a different material, as the material does change the sound quite a bit. The stock lambskin will add some bass for sure but it is located at a low frequency - so it may not be as obtrusive as you might think?
Thanks Zach for the explanation!

When you say stock lambskin, I believe you are referring to Caldera Lambskin Thin pads, not Caldera Lambskin Stock right?

Mar 21, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #2,957 of 3,119
Thanks Zach for the explanation!

When you say stock lambskin, I believe you are referring to Caldera Lambskin Thin pads, not Caldera Lambskin Stock right?
Oh yes that's a good clarification - the stock "Caldera Thin" pads that come with the Atrium Closed is what I meant!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:13 PM Post #2,958 of 3,119
Rawhide… it really brings out the atmosphere of those old western movies or, when listening to Country music!
IMG_9195.gif

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #2,959 of 3,119
Ahhhhh happiness. The AC are back from a light tune up and sounding just right. I really should be heading to bed...perhaps one more song?

Mar 23, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #2,960 of 3,119
Ahhhhh happiness. The AC are back from a light tune up and sounding just right. I really should be heading to bed...perhaps one more song?
Right now, SAME.

Listening to a new set of CDs (ripped to SSD storage -> Bluesound Node 2-> Gumby -> RSA The Apache -> ACs with Norne Einvaldi Ref)…

Sufjan Stevens sounds SO GOOD- how can I leave him and go to bed?!

Mar 23, 2024 at 8:45 AM Post #2,961 of 3,119
Right now, SAME.

Listening to a new set of CDs (ripped to SSD storage -> Bluesound Node 2-> Gumby -> RSA The Apache -> ACs with Norne Einvaldi Ref)…

Sufjan Stevens sounds SO GOOD- how can I leave him and go to bed?!
This is the sign of a great HP. That you cannot put it down and stay up too late listening to “one more song”. This is not my quote but that of a Supremus buddy here on Head Fi. Seems a good time to quote him.

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #2,962 of 3,119
I am now on HEKse. Less bass impact. More ethereal. Great resolution. However…resolution of the two almost the same with same modest amplitude of treble boost but center bell on 15 k for AC and 20 k for HEKse. 15 k for HEKse is too broad. Too much. I LOVE THEM BOTH. I’m very pleased that I’m getting exactly what I expected out of AC. Namely, more bass impact and that flip of the switch 20 k to 15 k gets me the same great treble.

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #2,963 of 3,119
Well, these showed up way sooner than expected! (no complaints!)

I'm letting them break in, but even out of the box they sound great! And, of course, they look amazing! They're surprisingly light, though that may be more from me mentally preparing for them to be heavy than anything else. So another pleasant surprise. My TA-22 has no trouble driving them. Overall, first hour impressions are super positive. I even love the heavy duty "spy case" they came in.

The wait was absolutely worth it!

IMG_2061.jpg

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:30 PM Post #2,964 of 3,119
Beautiful grain pattern on them.... stunning 👍🏻

Mar 23, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #2,965 of 3,119

I'm letting them break in, but even out of the box they sound great! And, of course, they look amazing! They're surprisingly light, though that may be more from me mentally preparing for them to be heavy than anything else. So another pleasant surprise. My TA-22 has no trouble driving them. Overall, first hour impressions are super positive. I even love the heavy duty "spy case" they came in.

IMG_2061.jpg
Congrats! Man that red colour really pops!

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:19 PM Post #2,966 of 3,119

These are utterly stunning!!!

What wood is that?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #2,968 of 3,119
European Ash w/Lava Burst

I'm really over the moon with how well they turned out!

The ash wood is just so stunning, but this finish takes it to a different level. One of the most beautiful sets I’ve seen. Just, wow.

Congrats!!! ❤️

Mar 23, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #2,969 of 3,119
Mar 23, 2024 at 2:07 PM Post #2,970 of 3,119

IMG_2061.jpg

These are utterly stunning!!!

What world is that?
Mars
:smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back