ZMF Atrium Closed
Jul 12, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #1,562 of 3,180
Well, it helps that my (generous) employer has a program where I can get hobby-related costs reimbursed, so I can get part of an AC covered by my employer. 😊❤️

But I used up this calendar year’s money (partially on a VC purchase) already, so I will need to wait until early January to be eligible for reimbursement.
Wow. that's really cool! It would be a better place with more employers like that!

Jul 12, 2023 at 7:46 PM Post #1,563 of 3,180
Well, it helps that my (generous) employer has a program where I can get hobby-related costs reimbursed, so I can get part of an AC covered by my employer.
Very cool! Congrats to you and your employer. At the end of the day this kind of things can make a difference to be happy with your job

Jul 12, 2023 at 8:06 PM Post #1,564 of 3,180
Enjoying some guilty pleasure light listening this evening.

This song now playing feels like listening to speakers with a subwoofers added.. 😁

1689206650487.png

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:00 PM Post #1,565 of 3,180
Curious if people who have both VCs and ACs have tried swapping pads between these two models? I have a collection of pads for my VCs so would be nice if they could find use should I decide to acquire ACs as well.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:32 PM Post #1,566 of 3,180
Curious if people who have both VCs and ACs have tried swapping pads between these two models? I have a collection of pads for my VCs so would be nice if they could find use should I decide to acquire ACs as well.
Auteur Suede and Eikon Suede pads sound pretty good. You will get a more closed back sound with them though.

The solid Lambskin and Hybrid pads I tried with the AC were kind of wonky sounding.

I'm also not sure about the Universe Suedes, as I don't currently have a pair. Those might sound good since the other full Suede pads worked well.

Jul 13, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #1,567 of 3,180
Auteur Suede and Eikon Suede pads sound pretty good. You will get a more closed back sound with them though.
Funnily enough those are my faves on the VC and Eikon, respectively. So that’s helpful in a few months when the AC becomes my third (final? 😱) headphone.

I just switched to Auteur Suedes on my VC (from Auteur Lamb) a few days ago.

While they sound less “focused” and crisp, the sound stage didn’t suffer too much to bother me, and the slightly more organic, “live” sound (less studio-like and precise, but more like a venue with less acoustic treatments and asymmetrical reflections) works for me. 😊❤️

Apologies, back to normally scheduled Atrium Closed-related programming…

Jul 13, 2023 at 7:08 PM Post #1,568 of 3,180

The solid Lambskin and Hybrid pads I tried with the AC were kind of wonky sounding.

I'm also not sure about the Universe Suedes, as I don't currently have a pair. Those might sound good since the other full Suede pads worked well.
Thanks, that’s very helpful!

Jul 14, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #1,569 of 3,180
Jul 14, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #1,570 of 3,180
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #1,571 of 3,180
Maybe next wood for future zmf headphones, bubinga, It is mainly used in the production of expensive furniture and musical instruments. According to the masters, the last bubinga gives a special depth of sound:
https://twitter.com/TansuYegen/status/1679530569200201728?s=20
Zach has done some bubinga before. I think it was in early runs of the Caldera. He acquires rare wood supply through environmentally conscious methods such as only when the wood naturally expires in its life cycle or maybe after storm damage if there is a way to get the 6/4+ size lumber to him.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 11:23 AM Post #1,572 of 3,180
Summer of Burl is live for the ACs!

Man, it took some strength to close that browser window. 😝

Jul 14, 2023 at 11:29 AM Post #1,573 of 3,180
Summer of Burl is live for the ACs!

Man, it took some strength to close that browser window. 😝
Told myself to be happy with my Olivewood 🫠. The Redwood burl and brown mallee burl look amazing though. I think those two would be my favourites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back