ZMF Atrium Closed - the latest closed back headphone from ZMF
May 24, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #1,096 of 3,122
I loved the blackwood! It's like an addiction, trying out all of these great options. I'm doing my best to hold off on the Caldera but I'm sure it will happen at some point.
Not to derail the Atrium Closed love, but agreed on African Blackwood as a wonderful cup material. My Verité Closed pair in that wood are wonderfully quick and agile.

As a Caldera (Closed…?) is only a long term possibility due to cost and amp options (at least at this point), having a super-quick dynamic headphone is a good “Band-Aid” to address that need for me, and the VC in Blackwood does that beautifully.

May 25, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #1,098 of 3,122
#13400 AC Olive + Olive case has shipped!

F5 about to get abused. :sweat_smile:
Oh hell ya, the first 13400 to ship! I'm 13438 so hopefully this means I'm getting close :fingers_crossed:

May 25, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #1,101 of 3,122
May 26, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #1,104 of 3,122
Just a thought for conditioning the leather on your ZMF's. Started using Bick 5 Complete Leather Care. Same stuff I use on my cowboy boots and on my dress shoes. Helps keep the leather soft, supple and clean. Noticed that it very slightly softens the BBB and the crescent strap over a few weeks of regular use. Just a thought to keep them well conditioned!

jgwtriode

May 26, 2023 at 8:50 AM Post #1,105 of 3,122
My Order was #13419 and arrived 2 day's ago....

ZMF AC Aged Cherry all Black.jpeg

Thanks Zach and his team for this beauty.

I take a little listen and was very surprised about the sounding, it is very very different to the rest models from ZMF for me, i know i am in burn in time, but this headphone is crazy. Some songs it is the best i heard, some's are nope.

I find a perfect song you have to listen too guys :

https://tidal.com/browse/track/3429279 Angus Stone, Julia Stone - Down the Way - Draw your Sword

cheesh this song is made for AC or AC is made for this song, please let me know what do you think

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #1,106 of 3,122
IMG_1024.jpeg
I couldn’t wait to get home from FedEx to open mine up! Looking forward to plugging them in when I get home!!

May 26, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #1,107 of 3,122
IMG_1024.jpegI couldn’t wait to get home from FedEx to open mine up! Looking forward to plugging them in when I get home!!
Stunning!! You got some incredible figuring in your pair. Can't wait to hear the sound impressions :)

May 26, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,108 of 3,122
IMG_1024.jpegI couldn’t wait to get home from FedEx to open mine up! Looking forward to plugging them in when I get home!!
CONGRATULATIONS- those are absolutely spectacular. I’ll bet they sound even better than they look. Have fun and enjoy the music!

May 26, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #1,109 of 3,122
My Order was #13419 and arrived 2 day's ago....

ZMF AC Aged Cherry all Black.jpeg

Thanks Zach and his team for this beauty.

I take a little listen and was very surprised about the sounding, it is very very different to the rest models from ZMF for me, i know i am in burn in time, but this headphone is crazy. Some songs it is the best i heard, some's are nope.

I find a perfect song you have to listen too guys :

https://tidal.com/browse/track/3429279 Angus Stone, Julia Stone - Down the Way - Draw your Sword

cheesh this song is made for AC or AC is made for this song, please let me know what do you think
Wow, those are really pretty. I love the look of the aged Cherry wood.

I presume based on reading here that there will be significant change with break-in of the biocellulose drivers- I wouldn’t judge your ACs too much on the first listen. 😉

I love my Eikons with the earlier version of those drivers- the Eik is a very versatile headphone for rock, pop, EDM (if you don’t mind some SERIOUS sub-bass 😍), and jazz…

May 27, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #1,110 of 3,122
Last night my wife finally asked to listen to the AC. She listened to a few songs then took them off and said, “it was like I was listening to those songs the first time again”

She gets it now.

Also, this is niche but the AC sounds great with wrestling. New Japan Pro Wrestling hits different. The chops sound more brutal. The Tokyo Dome sounds like I’m here. With GCW the pop of a light tube in someone’s head has more detail and nuasne hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back